Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

In a dream world she would announce the album or a lead single in June with the W Magazine cover and interview coming in July giving details about the new record :icant:

I'm not getting my hopes up cause the magazine could be further than we think and not even be music related but at least we have almost decisive evidence that something is coming 

giphy.gif

On 5/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, Venice Peach said:

Manifesting a Lana post soon with the caption (or a video of her saying):

"Album is done. Now we just wait for the music industry stuff of vinyl production, stupid rules and all that. The first taste of my beloved new record - whatever overly long title she came up with this time - will be out everywhere tomorrow. #IJustDontCare #DNC #GodBlessAndFxckOff"

Just sprinkle some random emojis here and there and there you have it :hide:

THANJ YOU LMAOOO

21 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

Time for my insider era:

Hide contents

- Blueberry Hill Club

- Summer Heat

- California Headlines

:blush3:

if this is real, i want summer heat first 💪🏾

😋🫶🏼

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I wish she'd make more dark music. She explored it with UV but then abandoned it. I want her to make music like nicole dollanganger/ethel cains style. Not this summer day surfy stuff, something different...

I think her 'dark' music is spread across her albums, and her darkest song, 'Live or Die,' is unreleased and likely to remain so. As will 'Velvet Crowbar,' most likely. 

There's definitely darkness in the BTD title track and in 'Blue Jeans.' 

'Gods & Monsters' is certainly dark, and 'Cola' has a spooky, witchy force.

Personally, I didn't find the 'dark' music on 'UV that convincing, except for the title track. To me, it felt like she was trying too hard to step outside her former persona and prove a point to someone. Had she kept some of the songs she cut from the album, that were brighter, it might have all balanced out. 'Old Money' is dark in its terrible sadness, wanting, and isolation, and I consider it one of her very best. 

There's certainly some darkness on 'Honeymoon,' starting with the title track, and the vacuity of 'Art Deco' is dark too, as is the weird psychology of the narrator singing 'Music To Watch Boys To.' 'Salvatore' is a brilliant portrait of a blithe femme fatale, and 'Swan Song,' with its resignation, is dark in its own way. It's certainly not upbeat. 'The Blackest Day' is obviously dark. 

'13 Beaches' is definitely on the dark side, as is 'WTWWAWWJKD,' and 'Heroin' is one of her darkest, and, to me, best. 'Change' is dark, with its poisoned water and air. 

'The Greatest,' which witnesses the end of the physical Earth, is certainly dark, as is 'Hope.' There's a kind of apathy on 'CG' that makes it seem somewhat dark to me. 

'Yosemite,' which I love, is a borderline dark to my ears, and on 'BB' we get darkness to varying degrees, especially on 'WFWF,' ' 'NOTG,' and in the sadness of the title track (to me, deep sadness is dark). 'Text Book' could be considered somewhat dark. 

This is what I think we'll continue to see: varying degrees of darkness across Lana's albums, at least those of her own compositions. She's just being honest about life, and doing so without constantly pointing fingers, a la Tori Amos, whose victim-mongering exhausted me and drove me away. 

4 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I wish she'd make more dark music. She explored it with UV but then abandoned it. I want her to make music like nicole dollanganger/ethel cains style. Not this summer day surfy stuff, something different...

i want something that has lots of cinematic & luxurious elements, like born to die, but very dark & complex instrumentation & lyrics, such as pin up galore, bentley (imagine a final version of it), ave maria, & ultraviolence in general

WGe8ynS.gif

3 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

Lana’s face when PG1 outsells btd with its bops and diss tracks and catholic psychedelic synth pop…. :eek3:I feel like ldr9 will indeed be bombastic 

Pat Grant is about to drop her first album? :oprah4:

Lanarat.png

5 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Personally, I didn't find the 'dark' music on 'UV that convincing, except for the title track. To me, it felt like she was trying too hard to step outside her former persona and prove a point to someone. Had she kept some of the songs she cut from the album, that were brighter, it might have all balanced out. 'Old Money' is dark in its terrible sadness, wanting, and isolation, and I consider it one of her very best. 

Wow I have to say I fully disagree. To me UV seems like a very authentic album and I do believe she was in a dark place mentally around that time. And she seemed really angry somehow. At the critics, at Barrie, at that mysterious sickness she had for a while. Dan Auerbach said they fought a lot in the studio. I always thought that's what made her change the album to something so dark because she really felt that at the time. 

Interesting though how we all interpet her work so differently.

Anyways, I always love guitars. Acoustic guitars and screaming electric guitar solos. That's all I wish for (but since Rob is so active on the piano what are the chances though :toofunny:). And nothing too political lyrically because I listen to music to escape into different worlds, not to be reminded of what's going on around me. Saying this because some here wished for LFL 2.0...pls no. I never listen to the political tracks.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

5 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i want something that has lots of cinematic & luxurious elements, like born to die, but very dark & complex instrumentation & lyrics, such as pin up galore, bentley (imagine a final version of it), ave maria, & ultraviolence in general

Young and Beautiful says hi 

Speaking of that it's still SO good and so beautiful

7 minutes ago, Summertime Saddest said:

Young and Beautiful says hi 

Speaking of that it's still SO good and so beautiful

it’s her most overrated track actually :troll:

26 minutes ago, revadece said:

it’s her most overrated track actually :troll:

i used to think so, but the DH orchestra ver. changes my mind every fucking time.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I think her 'dark' music is spread across her albums, and her darkest song, 'Live or Die,' is unreleased and likely to remain so. As will 'Velvet Crowbar,' most likely. 

There's definitely darkness in the BTD title track and in 'Blue Jeans.' 

'Gods & Monsters' is certainly dark, and 'Cola' has a spooky, witchy force.

There's certainly some darkness on 'Honeymoon,' starting with the title track, and the vacuity of 'Art Deco' is dark too, as is the weird psychology of the narrator singing 'Music To Watch Boys To.' 'Salvatore' is a brilliant portrait of a blithe femme fatale, and 'Swan Song,' with its resignation, is dark in its own way. It's certainly not upbeat. 'The Blackest Day' is obviously dark. 

'13 Beaches' is definitely on the dark side, as is 'WTWWAWWJKD,' and 'Heroin' is one of her darkest, and, to me, best. 'Change' is dark, with its poisoned water and air. 

'The Greatest,' which witnesses the end of the physical Earth, is certainly dark, as is 'Hope.' There's a kind of apathy on 'CG' that makes it seem somewhat dark to me. 

'Yosemite,' which I love, is a borderline dark to my ears, and on 'BB' we get darkness to varying degrees, especially on 'WFWF,' ' 'NOTG,' and in the sadness of the title track (to me, deep sadness is dark). 'Text Book' could be considered somewhat dark. 

This is what I think we'll continue to see: varying degrees of darkness across Lana's albums, at least those of her own compositions. She's just being honest about life, and doing so without constantly pointing fingers, a la Tori Amos, whose victim-mongering exhausted me and drove me away. 

i dont mean in terms of lyrics, i mean in sound... her lyrics are very dark and always have been in pretty much every song

west coast and your girl always come to mind when i think of her darkest sounding songs, yayo too (paradise version mostly)

i guess gods n monsters sounds dark too but it was always a little on the poppier side, i think the beat throws it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

Does anyone else wanna hear Lana cover White Rabbit?

Ugh, imagining that on LDR9 would be so interesting (especially considering “insiders” are claiming a hazy, psychedelic-tinged record). 

Manifesting jazzy vocals in the verses and Dealer vocals at the song’s outro:creepna3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath