Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm here for the meltdowns & chaos :ma: 

lana, i'm ready for you to announce disco flamingo heaven, which is tentatively out spring 2022 (when it's actually coming out at the start of 2023, it will also go through 5 album title changes) :ma: 

All I could imagine was Eris from the grim adventures of billy and Mandy destroying shit and Ultraviolence was playing in the background :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

lana, i'm ready for you to announce disco flamingo heaven, which is tentatively out spring 2022 (when it's actually coming out at the start of 2023, it will also go through 5 album title changes) :ma: 

never did i think the day would come when i would be feenin for a picsart cover with an obscure caption

lana-del-rey-nueva-cancion-blue-banister

RIP to this meltdown

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, drugmunny said:

never did i think the day would come when i would be feenin for a picsart cover with an obscure caption

lana-del-rey-nueva-cancion-blue-banister

RIP to this meltdown

ahh, i remember, i was predicting a surfy, acoustic, haunting kind of ballad :ma: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

ahh, i remember, i was predicting a surfy, acoustic, haunting kind of ballad :ma: 

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, drugmunny said:

it was the best of times, it was the worst of times

that's a pretty accurate description of lanaboards pre-release threads :true: 

but i wouldn't change it, i love this chaotic forum <3 :true: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

As strange (but it's true, dahling) as it sounds, I'm kind of excited to see what one-off comment Lana makes about an upcoming song or album kickstarts us into official pre-release. Chemtrails it was LMLYLAW and White Hot Forever, Blue Banisters it was Rock Candy Sweet...what's next? :brows:

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Super Movie said:

As strange (but it's true, dahling) as it sounds, I'm kind of excited to see what one-off comment Lana makes about an upcoming song or album kickstarts us into official pre-release. Chemtrails it was LMLYLAW and White Hot Forever, Blue Banisters it was Rock Candy Sweet...what's next? :brows:

lana posting a selfie with mike dean & emile haynie in the studio :defeated:

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

what one-off comment will she make that will have literally nothing to do with the album and never show up and haunt us forever??? im so excited to find out :creep:

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

and then she scraps all of the mike and emile tracks for the Jack Antonoff songs she took off of Blue Banisters :awkney:

Rock Candy Sour Flower Power! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

27 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

And then someone asks Mike if he's working with Lana on her next album and he's like "I haven't seen Lana in months what are you guys talking about" :defeated:

But I'm not giving up hope for a Mike x Emile produced LDR9! Not yet at least

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Based on Mike Dean’s “we plan on working with each other for a while” comment to Anthony Fantano about Lana, I am hoping for an album in the vein of Wildflower Wildfire — lyrically, sonically, all of it. :makeup2: 

I wish we had at least another song produced by Mike on Blue Banisters to compare and contrast WFWF with 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

And then someone asks Mike if he's working with Lana on her next album and he's like "I haven't seen Lana in months what are you guys talking about" :defeated:

But I'm not giving up hope for a Mike x Emile produced LDR9! Not yet at least

Where is all this Emile stuff coming from, or are people just wanting it to happen? My heart can't take dis

Spoiler

original.jpg

1 minute ago, Venice said:

Where is all this Emile stuff coming from, or are people just wanting it to happen? My heart can't take dis

Reveal hidden contents

original.jpg

He posted an Instagram story about going to a session with Mike Dean a few days ago. While they did both work with Kid Cudi (and Kanye in 2010), we know that Lana is actively working with Mike right now and has a history with Emile, so it's wishful yet somewhat reasonable thinking :true:

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Venice said:

Reveal hidden contents

original.jpg

emile haynie posted a photo of him on a bus/subway/train (?) holding a giant fake blunt captioned something like "omw to the studio" tagging mike dean :dua: 

6 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I wish we had at least another song produced by Mike on Blue Banisters to compare and contrast WFWF with 

I think Mike’s repertoire is quite diverse, so I’d also like to hear what else he’d cook up with Lana. I remember he said verbatim to Fantano that with Lana, it was about “staying true to the original but putting your own twist on it” so I imagine WFWF is one end of that, and the other may be something driven more by guitar or strings. Mike’s electric guitar work is really cool but I really have no idea if that’s the direction Lana is heading in, now that she’s alluded to tapping into what I presume to be lyrical density driven by a more classic sound on BB — I’m here for anything either way, though! :party:

Just now, peachlipgloss said:

i wonder what old songs she may sprinkle into the next record, if she does at all

Wouldn't surprise me if "Fine China" made an appearance after being scrapped from this one

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Wouldn't surprise me if "Fine China" made an appearance after being scrapped from this one

the way I'm manifesting this more than a job and mental health...