Sign in to follow this  
partymonster

What SHOULD the lyric HAVE been?

aaaaahhhh omg okay so im glad this topic exists !!! i think about this a lot for some reason?? just tiny lil tweaks id make if i could to "improve" the lyrics idk cause every now and then a lyric will really bug me :toofunny:

from Text Book - "It seemed only appropriate you'd defend when they attack", because i hate how she rhymes "back" with "back" :et:

from Freak - "Looking back at my past it's even stranger than your danger", because "stranger than a stranger" is terrible but also i feel like this lyric tweak would reflect the idea that lana's past (or the narrator's past in general) was wild enough that she's not scared of anything anymore, yknow??

from Nectar of the Gods - "I get wild on you baby, I get wild and fucking crazy as the sky is blue" because the colour blue isn't crazy at all?? the original is such a weird lyric?? so the only way i can think to make it work would be to make it "crazy as the sky is blue", bc the sky sure is blue so that must mean she sure is crazy, right??

from Honeymoon - "Or whatever you wanna do, no Gods no rules" just because I find the lyric "we make the rules" a bit cringe and juvenile for some reason :candy:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I get wild on you baby

I get wild and fucking crazy

Like you never knew, knew, knew

I get wild on you baby

I get high, I get insane

Just like you never knew, knew, knew

On 10/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, Glitter Boy said:

Yeah, the demo chorus from TNBAR is the superior :true::oprah3::nails: 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

i don't care what anybody says :blanche2:

Not sure I will ever get over this one. Ways to ruin world building, and songs intelligently centered around unusual themes like spite, and reglate your title to a stupid red herring? Check.

We all know it should've been

"Whatever's on tonight, I'm taking off my black bathing suit" :karaoke:

3lfQEhw.png

8 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

aaaaahhhh omg okay so im glad this topic exists !!! i think about this a lot for some reason?? just tiny lil tweaks id make if i could to "improve" the lyrics idk cause every now and then a lyric will really bug me :toofunny:

from Text Book - "It seemed only appropriate you'd defend when they attack", because i hate how she rhymes "back" with "back" :et:

from Freak - "Looking back at my past it's even stranger than your danger", because "stranger than a stranger" is terrible but also i feel like this lyric tweak would reflect the idea that lana's past (or the narrator's past in general) was wild enough that she's not scared of anything anymore, yknow??

from Nectar of the Gods - "I get wild on you baby, I get wild and fucking crazy as the sky is blue" because the colour blue isn't crazy at all?? the original is such a weird lyric?? so the only way i can think to make it work would be to make it "crazy as the sky is blue", bc the sky sure is blue so that must mean she sure is crazy, right??

from Honeymoon - "Or whatever you wanna do, no Gods no rules" just because I find the lyric "we make the rules" a bit cringe and juvenile for some reason :candy:

these are so good! are you a writer

Get Free Lost*

For Amy and for Whitney
And all my birds of paradise 
Who never got to fly at night 
'And perhaps they never will
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, I’m fucking sick of this ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or take my own life

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

"harvey's in the sky" or "ah he's in the sky" should've been "heaven's in the sky" 
just find it cuter

Mary's in the sky would be cute too :pray2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i hate her for taking the "for amy and for whitney" out of get free, muffling the "told by the fake news" part on WTWWAWWKD and not using her little vocal riffs at the end of chemtrails title track

12 minutes ago, Taylor Secman said:
Get Free Lost*

For Amy and for Whitney
And all my birds of paradise 
Who never got to fly at night 
'And perhaps they never will
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, I’m fucking sick of this ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or take my own life

delete

19 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

i'm gonna say this again just bc i feel like being annoying but it should been "be a gentlemen...pick me up again" instead of "pick me up atHEIUGGHT"

when i first heard the song i thought the line was gonna be "pick me up at ten" .... :crossed:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

On 10/24/2021 at 11:02 PM, Super Movie said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like the rewritten chorus on TNBAR. I think her vocal delivery on it has something to do with that. But I do think the pre-chorus should've been left as it was. The rewritten one sounds kind of repetitive and like she didn't really know what to say there 

i like it too. but i’ll never forgive her for cutting the outro. i know “i told you” might’ve not worked in the final version. but i wish she would’ve found something to replace it. that really put the cherry on top of the Demo imo. :krylie:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

17 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

i like it too. but i’ll never forgive her for cutting the outro. i know “i told you” might’ve not worked in the final version. but i wish she would’ve found something to replace it. that really put the cherry on top of the Demo imo. :krylie:

I love the original outro too, but I thank god every day that she left the bridge as it was. It's one of her best. The main issue I have with the song is the fact that even in the changed pre-chorus, it still ends with the echo of "fame" from the demo :horror: It goes "it was just that good fame fame fame...". I have no clue why they didn't change that 

imageproxy.jpg

45 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I love the original outro too, but I thank god every day that she left the bridge as it was. It's one of her best. The main issue I have with the song is the fact that even in the changed pre-chorus, it still ends with the echo of "fame" from the demo :horror: It goes "it was just that good fame fame fame...". I have no clue why they didn't change that 

the fames aren’t too distracting for me personally. but 100% agree about the bridge. truly one of her best :dafuq:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Bill takes me down to the beach
in the coat that he got from his father
he whispers to me that sometimes

he thinks he sees things over the water
like maybe UFOs or something flying in the air
well I know a lot of things but I don't know about that, bill
but I don't care
:derpna3:

'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'

I'll do my best never to turn into something that burns, burns, burns

,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,

tulsa jesus freak: "i'll give you more second chances" instead of "we should go back to arkansas" because i don't like how she says arkansas

salvatore: "all the lights were sparkling for you, it seemed, we'd live out our dreams, me and you" because i feel like it would add to the yearning vibe of the song

the blackest day: "it's not easy for me to talk about, a half-life in lost dreams, it's not simple, we lost our harmony" because the lyrics of the song are so perfect except for the math reference

watercolor eyes: i'd change a lot of the second verse because it just repeats most of the first one and it gets kinda boring so maybe something like "young love changes just like the weather, our waltzes cant keep us together, so what if you taste just like heaven, that don't make it right, thunder struck and warped my perception, thought our love would make it through tension, why do you leave me with watercolor eyes?"

how to disappear: "as i whisper in your ear, i'm never gonna disappear, no one's going anywhere" 

music to watch boys to: "i know what only the girls know, lies can buy a wedding ring" because she sings it live sometimes and it sounds kinda badass