Sign in to follow this  
Blackestday x CN

Match the BB Songs to old Albums

Match the BB Songs to old Albums

i wanted to make a thread where we assign the mood and the vibe of the new songs to old lana del rey albums.  I'll start

Born to die: Black Bathing Suit, 

Paradise: Arcadia, Text Book

Ultraviolence: Nectar of the gods, Living legend

Honeymoon: The Trio Interlude, If you lie down with me, 

Lust for Life: Violets for Roses, Thunder, Wildflower Wildfire

NFR: Blue Banisters, 

COCC: Beautiful, sweet carolina

I can´t assign dealer and cherry blossom.  I'm curious about your assignments.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Ultraviolence: Nectar, If You Lie Down with Me, Living Legend 

Honeymoon: Cherry Blossom, Violets for Roses, Black Bathing Suit

Norman: Thunder, Dealer, Arcadia, Beautiful

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

This was harder than I thought it would be. A lot of the songs are a mix of various albums and some don't feel like any of the previous albums. If anyone's interested I can try to explain some of my choices. 

Sirens: Nectar of the Gods

Paradise: Arcadia, Thunder

Ultraviolence: Dealer, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom

Honeymoon: Text book, The Trio

Lust for Life: Black Bathing Suit, Wildflower Wildfire

NFR: Beautiful, Sweet Carolina

COCC: Blue Banisters, If You Lie Down With Me, Violets for Roses

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

On 10/25/2021 at 3:01 AM, MagicalTrancePotion said:

This was harder than I thought it would be. A lot of the songs are a mix of various albums and some don't feel like any of the previous albums. If anyone's interested I can try to explain some of my choices. 

Sirens: Nectar of the Gods

Paradise: Arcadia, Thunder

Ultraviolence: Dealer, Living Legend, Cherry Blossom

Honeymoon: Text book, The Trio

Lust for Life: Black Bathing Suit, Wildflower Wildfire

NFR: Beautiful, Sweet Carolina

COCC: Blue Banisters, If You Lie Down With Me, Violets for Roses

I'm interested! You should try to explain your choices. They were very similar to mine.

•Born to Die/Paradise — Arcadia.

•Ultraviolence — Dealer, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend.

•Honeymoon — Text Book.

•Lust for Life — Interlude - The Trio.

•Norman Fucking Rockwell! — Beautiful, Violets for Roses, Sweet Carolina.

•Chemtrails Over the Country Club — Blue Banisters, Thunder.

-Even when 'If You Lie Down With Me' and 'Cherry Blossom' are from the Ultraviolence era, they don't sound like they fit in as nicely.

-'Black Bathing Suit' could find its way into Chemtrails if the album wasn't as tame as it is, imo.

-I couldn't put 'Wildflower Wildfire' on any album, which in my opinion is a good indicator, it's different.

21 hours ago, americangothic said:

I'm interested! You should try to explain your choices. They were very similar to mine.

•Born to Die/Paradise — Arcadia.

•Ultraviolence — Dealer, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend.

•Honeymoon — Text Book.

•Lust for Life — Interlude - The Trio.

•Norman Fucking Rockwell! — Beautiful, Violets for Roses, Sweet Carolina.

•Chemtrails Over the Country Club — Blue Banisters, Thunder.

-Even when 'If You Lie Down With Me' and 'Cherry Blossom' are from the Ultraviolence era, they don't sound like they fit in as nicely.

-'Black Bathing Suit' could find its way into Chemtrails if the album wasn't as tame as it is, imo.

-I couldn't put 'Wildflower Wildfire' on any album, which in my opinion is a good indicator, it's different.

Okay, I'll try to explain song by song! 

1. Text Book could go right after God Knows I tried on Honeymoon. They have that old western feel in common. Text book also has some hints of jazzy and beachy/surf sounds. Jazzy fits with Honeymoon in general to me, and the surf sound transitions into High By The Beach.

2. Blue Banisters goes on COCC because it's very honest stripped back and entrancing. For that reason it fits with the beginning of the album (White Dress, COCC).

3. Arcadia was a little more difficult because I think there's a variety of places for it to go. I like the theme of the song coming after Gods & Monsters on Paradise. I think it could go right behind it or go right after Yayo and lead into Bel Air. That track run sounds very nice to me.

4. The Trio again has the Western sounds, but it's mixed with this trap beat and could go in between God Knows I Tried and High By The Beach. (GKIT, TB, Trio, HBTB)

5. Black Bathing Suit sonically to me fits with In My Feelings and When The World Was at War. I'm not sure exactly where I'd place it, but I think there's potential to make a playlist with it somewhere in there.

6. If You Lie Down With Me was also difficult to place, but I ultimately decided on COCC. I could definitely hear this song being played on some country radio stations and I think it sounds pretty good around Breaking Up Slowly and Dance Till We Die. 

7. Beautiful is without a doubt NFR for me. It's a beautiful piano ballad and for that reason reminds me of NFR's title track. I know synesthesia can be a touchy subject on these boards depending on who's reading, but I without a doubt see NFR and Beautiful as similar colors and textures. They're both very specific colors of blue. Beautiful is a little more luminous but definitely still the same shade.

8. Violets for Roses goes with Chemtrails for the story-telling. It has a very catchy melody, but it's still very soft and feels a little brassy like Wild At Heart.

9. Dealer goes with Ultraviolence. Sonically it's dark, and it's a little trippy and in that way reminds me of Fucked My Way Up To The Top. The vocals are also very desperate and emotive (in the best way) kind of like Cruel World.

10. Thunder goes with Paradise, but there's other albums it could go on. It has the strings and it has the rock/soft rock components of Ride. I like it between Ride and American (at least sonically. I'm not sure that it fits thematically).

11. Wildflower Wildfire goes on L4L. It's dark with some bright shimmers of light. The electronic static fits with Heroin.

12. Nectar of the Gods reminds me of Lizzy with a guitar just singing some honest songs about life like on Sirens.

13. Living Legend is a deep piano ballad with a little grunge that goes really well on Ultraviolence.

14. Cherry Blossom could thematically go behind Black Beauty. I know it's not about a romantic relationship, but it is very protective. 

15. Sweet Carolina goes on NFR. There's piano (although much fuller and deeper) and very clear cultural references. This one was also difficult to place.

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

@americangothic I’m also interested to see how you came up with your’s

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬