uhauIjoe

BEST leak/leak moment ever?

8 hours ago, uhauIjoe said:

For me, it has to be right when Your Girl leaked. It was SO unexpected and out of the blue! It was also during the LFL which was even more crazy. what about you guys? I think most of you will say when LIB leaked but that wasn't exciting when I saw it on dbree for me lol 

random but anyone have the unedited version of YG in the highest quality?

Life Is Beautiful is the most notable for me. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out it leaked.

I was at a mexican restaurant with one of my best friends, sitting at a high top table in the corner. We just got our margs, and realized they made them wrong (i ordered mine frozen, and she ordered on the rocks. mine came on the rocks and hers frozen)

something made me check LB and i literally gasped when I saw it leaked. not because i wanted it so bad, but because I NEVER thought it was gonna happen

negAbhB.png

So many tbh

BettyBoopBoop was so absurd, I remember I was smoking joints with my boyfriend and his friend and I played it to them it was so bizarre

Roses because it was always never going to happen AND THEN IT DID

The OG untouchable 5, I was walking home from a bar and listened to them, it was so amazing gah

we have truly been blessed

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

There's a few, but the one that stands out for me is because of how long it went on for. The first unreleased holy grail type of song I ever heard about was 'Roses', and people would go on and on about how they would give their left arms and right legs to hear this song. I knew nothing about why people were keen for it, or what was known about it, but I built it up in my head as this epic masterpiece, which according to those 'in the know' (ie people who called themselves 'in the know'), would never be leaked. And then one day it suddenly (more or less) appeared, and it turned out to be a slight but (imo) a pretty great pop song. I still remember the meltdowns over it.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Your Girl. It leaked slowly over a couple of years I think? And it was so cool to hear how fans were piecing together the stems to make it a full song. I actually prefer one of the fanmade mix/mash songs to the full song that leaked! 

Other big moments for me were the demos for Freak, Ultraviolence, Sad Girl, The Blackest Day, and then also Thunder. They're really just for personal reasons because I'm so attached to those songs and Thunder showed me that Lana was still making exactly the songs I wish she'd continue with. I'm also really close with Wild One. I never expected that one to have such a huge impact on me. 

Living Legend for me. I remember getting a message that it had leaked out of nowhere and listening to it while I waited for my therapy appointment :toofunny:. I was completely awestruck and shook by it and I was definitely fighting back a couple tears when she started screaming at the end. It was absolutely beautiful, heavenly, sentimental, emotional, sweet, and truly a god-tier song, and with no snippets or fuckery beforehand- just a full song leaked out of nowhere. I listened to it in loop for what felt like hours afterward

whatarecoloris.jpg

July 2013 as a whole was incredible, this all happened in about a week:

Hawaiian Tropic

Daytona Meth

Scarface

Catch and Release

Tired of Singing the Blues

Maha Maha

Golden Grill

Television Heaven

Heartshaped Chevrolet

Midnite Dancer Girlfriend

The "untouchable 5"

So Legit

BzhmW.png

Life Is Beautiful back to back with I Talk to Jesus and God Knows I Tried Demo easily greatest leak day for me. I went live on Instagram to listen to ITTJ and I almost cried. I remember calling my friends the moment I saw LIB pop up on here. We listened to it together, on mute, on Facetime. August 1, 2020 a leak day to remember.

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

For me when Queen of Disaster leaked and everyone was freaking out because it sounded so different and we were right in the Young & Beautiful era. I remember running to iTunes to listen to it and that's how I discovered her unreleased music:lmao:

Of course August 1 aka LIB / ITTJ day because I was staying in West Hollywood when it appeared online. I told my friend about the song leaking after so many years of being a myth and but they just didn't get it. Then on my way home listening to that badass demo of GKIT was something magical - that day just had some witchy energy to it:legend:

Honorary mention: when Greenwich leaked in 2014 I had no idea what a greenwich was but I so intrigued and wondered why her music sounded so creepy

Omg the summer of 2013 when the Untouchable 5 surfaced it was a literal state of emergency.. the Lipsters knew Lana was PISSED (Sorry so many iconic moments!!)

R5sPD4M.jpg

56 minutes ago, LanaRayDelMar said:

@godsmonster this should be the file you're looking for, don't remember who shared it but it has the missing stems previous leaks were missing

https://dbree.org/v/c8297e

This song is such a serve... funny how Lana acknowledged it for the first time recently when I've been obsessed with it lately 

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

I can name quite a few for me. The Good Life leaking is such a clear moment in my head. I was making a sandwich and saw it leaked, and rushed to my computer to listen to it because I had wanted it for so long. It was kinda boring but a gorgeous song nevertheless

I remember the day ITTJ/LIB leaked. I was so underwhelmed with LIB but I WAS OBSESSED with ITTJ. I went on a walk and listened to it and CRIED!!!!!

Lust For Life Demo was cool too, I was at school and freaked out and my classmates just didn't get it

I Learned How To Make Love From The Movies was one of my favourites, I remember I got the really early train to school and was listening to it on repeat :brows:

The Rich Whores Sessions was also ICONIC :cryney2:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Life Is Beautiful. I never thought I’d hear it unless she decided to release it, and I was wondering if there even was a full version of it. It was a moment when it leaked. 

The Good Life is probably my fave moment: I’ve been in awe since the first snippet. It’s a gorgeous cover that reminds me UV so much. I hope she includes it on her cover album. When it leaked, it was the beginning of the pandemic and lockdown: the lyrics hit so much at that time.