bluechemtrails

Musicians you like the least

On 10/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, bluechemtrails said:

Which musicians do you like the least?

For me, at the moment, it's Adele and Abba, because I don't understand their success, I mean their music is ok, but not really that great. They are so successful only because of their big name.

ABBA is famous just because of their name??? 😭😭😭😭😭 

Girl they literally wrote the songs to one of the best selling musicals of all time???? 

And every other day a new track of theirs becomes a trend on TikTok? 

And their music is so good they’ve been sampled countless times and the samples have become successful on their own?

Like girl I get personal taste but this is so objectively wrong on so many levels

Just say you don’t like them and go 

3 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

Lil Nas X, literally over sexualizing homosexuality for shock value in a sad attempt to get the GP to stream his music, and then public eats it up and call him a marketing genius when it’s really that he has absolutely zero morals, the quality of his music or talent alone will never get him recognition so he has to rely on public acts of indecency, and then seeing the industry embrace him it’s like what the fuck

stupid faggot who decided that his response to homophobia was to worship the devil, “oh people were mean to me for being gay let me idolize the fucking devil” what a sad man, he’s ugly as FUCK too 

Uhmmm gay men have used catholic imagery for literally centuries, Michalengelo for example???? He literally used his hookups to model for saints, god and the devil… please JDKSKSKSLSL 

And also this post is coming across as EXTREMELY aggressive for no reason at all

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I don’t even like her new shit :horror2:

Oh that's fiiiine the good news is that she still didn't end up as a casualty in ur fountain of hate (yet anyway :oic2:), so there's still hope bb 😘

if i ever "hated" a "musician" it is WILL.I.AM.... he single-handedly ruined britneys 8th studio album, BJ (cause it sucks) :trisha: i cant even bear to use its real name........

he thinks he's such a fucking genius :crossed: his shit is stale as shit and has only ever found success because of fergie's talent. every time she's with them, they have hits, and when she's gone, the black eyed peas FLOP.

also carly rae jepsen :tommy: her voice and face is mousy, her take on the 80's synthpop influence revival HAS to be one of my least favorite yet. 

and i've heard all of her emotion and dedicated tracks. there are truly a few good songs but................ idk she's overhyped if you ask me

my boyfriend says she saved pop music, and said she's never recorded a bad song. but also couldn't tell me the name of her first album when i asked. 

i think there are so many more interesting artists referencing other eras without sounding so cheap.

also don't care for troye sivan. or halsey, the migos, lil nas x, sam smith. yeah, anytime i hear those people i just become irate for no reason. its uncontrollable. especially sam smith. his voice hurts me. it gives me physical pain

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

5 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

Lil Nas X, literally over sexualizing homosexuality for shock value in a sad attempt to get the GP to stream his music, and then public eats it up and call him a marketing genius when it’s really that he has absolutely zero morals, the quality of his music or talent alone will never get him recognition so he has to rely on public acts of indecency, and then seeing the industry embrace him it’s like what the fuck

stupid faggot who decided that his response to homophobia was to worship the devil, “oh people were mean to me for being gay let me idolize the fucking devil” what a sad man, he’s ugly as FUCK too 

Why does oversexualization only comes up as a derogatory argument when it’s queer people or women doing it?

This is literally the worst and most obtuse take I’ve ever read online and I browse Reddit sometimes. And not you getting your panties in a twist over ~tHe dEViL~ like it’s a huge offense when religion is still, to this day, the source of so much queerphobia and discrimination. 

Also, I don’t care if you’re queer or not. You should refrain from calling queer people “stupid fags” because that’s quite frankly replicating cishet hate speech and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on. Think about that before coming for anyone’s morals and ruin an otherwise fun thread.

IMG-7960.jpg

I don't dislike her music, but Lady Gaga's personality comes off as totally fake and pretentious. Calling something the "album of the decade" (in all seriousness, and not as a joke) before it's even released and shit like that just doesn't sit well with me. 

In terms of people who's music I just do not get or click with, definitely Jay-Z. I just don't understand his style. I respect it, but it ain't for me. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

I think Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion are very very very limited rappers/songwriters.

I think about people like Lauryn Hill, Missy, Nicki, etc and yeah - totally different leagues.

Also, Ed Sheeran’s music is particularly insufferable.

IMG-7960.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

Calling something the "album of the decade" (in all seriousness, and not as a joke) before it's even released and shit like that just doesn't sit well with me. 

i think that's just her being quirky lmao gaga on twitter in 2013 is what doja on twitter is now

Troye Sivan - can't get into his music as much as I try. The closest was with Blue Neighbourhood, but it quickly vanished from my interest. I just can't quite put my finger on what's the reason. But Bloom was not it for me, nor anything after that.

Dorian Electra - didn't really know about the most recent thing they were involved in, but I just can't stand their music. I like hyperpop of, say, Charli, Caroline, even some AG, but not Dorian, hell no. The remixes for positions and other songs were truly a disgrace. And they destroyed Replay :trisha: 

Justin Bieber - nothing special about his music and stuff. He's so annoying to me.

I'll be adding more for sure :ohno: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, meth daytona said:

oh and didn't gaga collab with r kelly in like 2013 it doesn't get more tone deaf and simultaneously fully aware and intentional than that 

wish they coulda seen u when we booed u off in williamsburg ! 

she removed the song from all streaming services and removed it from her physical albums too. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

6 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

ABBA is famous just because of their name??? 😭😭😭😭😭 

Girl they literally wrote the songs to one of the best selling musicals of all time???? 

And every other day a new track of theirs becomes a trend on TikTok? 

And their music is so good they’ve been sampled countless times and the samples have become successful on their own?

Like girl I get personal taste but this is so objectively wrong on so many levels

Just say you don’t like them and go 

I don't mean their original music, it was really good and I like it. I mean the  success with their "comeback" now in the charts. People buy it just because it's ABBA, the same music with a noname band and nobody would notice.

13 hours ago, Taylor Secman said:

1. Homosexuality is going to be sexualized, it's a fucking sexual orientation.

2. The people stream his music because it's good

3. Nice job equating being queer to having no morals, wonderful homophobia (and if you're queer, you can still be self-loathing)

4. The Devil has been featured in a lot of music. "Highway to Hell", anyone?

You really need to chill.

giphy.gif

But straight musicians making overly-sexualitized music videos is OK? :hillary:

And tf in depicting gay sex in a video "for shock value"? That doesn't make any sense (unless you're a homophobe). Also the devil stuff is for satire and he was every right in the world to ridicule what religious wackos say about us.

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I can't tell whether you're a troll or just a horrible person :wtf2:

I cannot stand Ed Sheeran’s music, I have a close friend who is obsessed with him and every day I wonder if I need to stop seeing her

I’m also not in LilNasX, I have no reasons, I just don’t vibe ~ glad he’s doing good? I just don’t care

Oh god and Sam Smith, I’m not here for them at all

Spoiler

I’m not here to fight, I was just answering a question

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />