bluechemtrails

Musicians you like the least

11 hours ago, West Coast said:

I like Adele's personality, there is something very candid and endearing about her, but she's made the same music for like four albums in a row. Not saying there aren't any songs that I like, but her albums are completely indecipherable from the other, and for that reason I do not care.

Gurl, same. 30 will be the « make it or break it » point for me. I love how soulful her voice can be, but her lyrics have become so boring… 

Ariana Grande is a waste of talent IMO. Great voice, but her songs are annoying AF: the sexed-up slutty lyrics (on almost every damn song), I can’t, plus she often breaks the flow of a song that was starting promising with some weird beat / or insignificant false rap phrase. 
she’s just not for me. 

omg the way some of u get off on just being haters for a living like:flop:  using classic racist dogwhistles to say rap music glamourises materialism while you're stanning for miss money notoriety and rivieras... um ok..... no words needed. courtney love is also a bitter hag so idk why people are so intent on dragging an upcoming musician down over an album cover that Ellen von unwerth admitted was inspired by Carrie- again weird you'd do this on lanaboards when lana herself has her own carrie-style photoshoot. it just SPEAKS to me how much of u guys are boring loser haters get a lifeeeee omg

as for the gaga slander... aw... okey so anyways 

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Halsey and Melanie Martinez irk me sm

They're both equally annoying and I long for the day we stop pretending these "alt girlies" can sing (they can't).

Omg some of these posts have me livid. But I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut since I posted my list on this thread and nobody on here came for me :toofunny: 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

I saw Melanie once, after her first album, when she was part of Osheaga / Coachella festivals. I didn’t know her and I sure wasn’t there for her show, but she was starting the day, so I took a peak. And what could I say except: What the actual fuck? The creepy circus / dollhouse theme has run its course, it’s not original anymore and she keeps on running with it for how many albums now?!? Gurl, just no. 
(this thread is highly therapeutic, I must say)

2 hours ago, partymonster said:

omg the way some of u get off on just being haters for a living like:flop:  using classic racist dogwhistles to say rap music glamourises materialism while you're stanning for miss money notoriety and rivieras... um ok..... no words needed.

Wake it up! Wake it up! Honk the horn! 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Can't remember if I posted in here but anyways

Ariana Grande

Sia

Olivia Rodrigo

Nicki Minaj

The 1975

Meghan Trainor

Ed Sheeran

Billie Eilish

The Weeknd

Kanye West

Bebe Rexha

Drake

Halsey

Charli XCX

Shawn Mendes

Dua Lipa

Tori Kelly

Lorde

Harry Styles

Little Mix

Jess Glynne

Iggy Azalea

Zara Larsson

and probably more because music is shite these days

Spoiler

i am boomer

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

They're both equally annoying and I long for the day we stop pretending these "alt girlies" can sing (they can't).

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I saw Melanie once, after her first album, when she was part of Osheaga / Coachella festivals. I didn’t know her and I sure wasn’t there for her show, but she was starting the day, so I took a peak. And what could I say except: What the actual fuck? The creepy circus / dollhouse theme has run its course, it’s not original anymore and she keeps on running with it for how many albums now?!? Gurl, just no. 
(this thread is highly therapeutic, I must say)

I like you all, but your opinions on Mel are wrong. very, very wrong.

giphy.gif

just sharing my opinion on other people's opinion cause i'm bored

I feel like most people's extreme Lil Nas X hate comes from internalized homophobia like there's no way people care That much about him giving the devil a lapdance in one of his music video's when there have been countless of artists using "satanic imagery". Liiike it's really never that serious people act like he's sacrificing innocent children when in reality he's literally just trolling? Religious twitter republicans were outraged by his "satanic imagery" (again literally him giving "the devil" a lapdance) so he just played into it a little on twitter as a response to it? Literally what is the big deal..

Also I've seen a lot of grown men, like, Grown men, both on twitter and on here Outraged by Olivia Rodrigo's success. I don't get it. She's literally just a teen pop star & seems pretty unproblematic aswell? Sure you can find her music annoying & dislike her as an artist (I personally find that drivers license song a little cringey) but calling her a bitch and all that for whatever reason is just weird, and the thing is it's usually grown men doing it too like.. Just very weird behaviour imo. also Courtney Love's a weirdo for numerous reasons.

the "modern rap bad" "female artist singing about sex bad" takes are also very tired like come on now

qfrWuBl.png

2 hours ago, Solar Fields said:

@partymonster @ me next time :kiss3:

i was going to but i didn't know how to embed posts from 2 diff pages into one post... like yall need to stop with this stupid "@ me next time" shite i see constantly baby i am not scared to @ a random white twink on lanaboards and the fact that that's ur response to being called out for using age old racist tropes about rap music just proves my point :kiss3:

16 minutes ago, partymonster said:

i was going to but i didn't know how to embed posts from 2 diff pages into one post... like yall need to stop with this stupid "@ me next time" shite i see constantly baby i am not scared to @ a random white twink on lanaboards and the fact that that's ur response to being called out for using age old racist tropes about rap music just proves my point :kiss3:

I wasn’t trying to “scare” you LOL it was a good natured tease which you chose to react to with rudeness. As for you calling my opinion racist, I never said in my post that Black people should not listen to rap music or that all rap music is bad. There are many excellent rap artists like Noname and Kendrick Lamar who are doing lots of good for the Black community, both in their music and in their actions. I’m not a Black person so it’s not my place to say what is best for the Black community. I personally as a white person, do not find myself interested in the themes presented in most popular music. If you have a genuine criticism of what I said then that’s totally cool but it seems like you’re just throwing words at me for the sake of rudeness.

I also never said anything about women in rap music or female sexuality in rap music. Not sure if some of the above users are aiming those comments at me, but I literally never brought that up.

Hole is one of my favorite bands ever and musically I think she's somewhat of a genius, but I can't fucking stand Courtney Love. She's said some genuinely awful things, and she's just generally somebody I've never enjoyed as a person

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Hole is one of my favorite bands ever and musically I think she's somewhat of a genius, but I can't fucking stand Courtney Love. She's said some genuinely awful things, and she's just generally somebody I've never enjoyed as a person

I fucking love hole. i have live through this tattooed on me. as for courtney, she’s very… interesting. a lot of the things she stands for, i admire, but also a lot of the things she says is so…. wrong. I love how she goes against the grit and completely does her OWN thing but i hate her use of homophobic and racist statements. otherwise, her musics great and i love it 

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Solar Fields said:

I wasn’t trying to “scare” you LOL it was a good natured tease which you chose to react to with rudeness. As for you calling my opinion racist, I never said in my post that Black people should not listen to rap music or that all rap music is bad. There are many excellent rap artists like Noname and Kendrick Lamar who are doing lots of good for the Black community, both in their music and in their actions. I’m not a Black person so it’s not my place to say what is best for the Black community. I personally as a white person, do not find myself interested in the themes presented in most popular music. If you have a criticism of what I said then that’s totally cool but it seems like you’re just throwing words at me for the sake of rudeness.

i didn't say that either. i just pointed out the hypocrisy of using conservative 80s dogwhistles of labelling rap music as oversexualization and glamourisation of materialism while stanning someone whose rise to fame partially relied on copying themes from rap and hip hop 

rudeness snore snore snore wdgaf