bluechemtrails

Musicians you like the least

There aren't really artists I know that I dislike, because if it's the genre I don't like (rap, a lot of pop music, country) then I can't blame it on the artists. 

And I've never had strong opinions on artists being overrated either. I think "they're overrated" is usually code for "I feel left out" or "I think I'm too cool for this trend". 

Usually its just artists I don't care for but it's not enough to say I don't like them. 

I could list many, but it's really just most pop artists or rappers besides the few that I do like the voice or style of but not the music. Sometimes I keep up with the news of popular artists just because I like to see their success even if I'm not a listener. 

3 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

harry styles music sucks and he needs to stop with this fake ass androgynous persona, he is not pulling it off

It’s so performative but on the other hand I get it. Fangirls made him synonymous with gay sex due to FanFiction and while this has understandably mortified every other member of one direction harry decided to cash in and honestly i respect the hustle tho if he’s going to keep on queerwashing being a straight rock star can he atleast get a stylist?

that said i do like his music tho I wouldn’t consider it anything groundbreaking

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

just sharing my opinion on other people's opinion cause i'm bored

I feel like most people's extreme Lil Nas X hate comes from internalized homophobia like there's no way people care That much about him giving the devil a lapdance in one of his music video's when there have been countless of artists using "satanic imagery". Liiike it's really never that serious people act like he's sacrificing innocent children when in reality he's literally just trolling? Religious twitter republicans were outraged by his "satanic imagery" (again literally him giving "the devil" a lapdance) so he just played into it a little on twitter as a response to it? Literally what is the big deal..

Also I've seen a lot of grown men, like, Grown men, both on twitter and on here Outraged by Olivia Rodrigo's success. I don't get it. She's literally just a teen pop star & seems pretty unproblematic aswell? Sure you can find her music annoying & dislike her as an artist (I personally find that drivers license song a little cringey) but calling her a bitch and all that for whatever reason is just weird, and the thing is it's usually grown men doing it too like.. Just very weird behaviour imo. also Courtney Love's a weirdo for numerous reasons.

the "modern rap bad" "female artist singing about sex bad" takes are also very tired like come on now

agreed with all of this.

Olivia is just dishing out teen pop themes and not hurting anyone.

and "modern rap bad" is so fucking racist.  it shows that you've never actually listened to the genre because rap is hella diverse in how it's presented. i think "modern rap bad" is just a PC way of saying "black genre bad".

giphy.gif

I like Delta Lipa's music but can't stand her as a person. Traveling the entire pandemic and posting about it on socials constantly?? So tone deaf. It's upsetting to see people supporting her and rushing to buy concert tickets for her upcoming tour. Stop giving money to people that suck!!

5 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

harry styles music sucks and he needs to stop with this fake ass androgynous persona, he is not pulling it off

I've never really understood why people have a problem with him dressing the way he does. I think culturally, men in the UK are more comfortable and open with being more feminine than in America, which is why I think the way he dresses isn't being perceived well across the pond. Obviously there's always a chance his label was like "okay dress like this to get more attention from fans and news outlets etc", but what if he genuinely does just like to dress that way? As far as I know, people don't have to be gay or queer to dress more feminine. 

Also this isn't an attack on you or anything, I like you. I'm just curious about the whole thing in general :um2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I've never really understood why people have a problem with him dressing the way he does. I think culturally, men in the UK are more comfortable and open with being more feminine than in America, which is why I think the way he dresses isn't being perceived well or genuine across the pond. Obviously there's always a chance his label was like "okay dress like this to get more attention from fans and news outlets etc", but what if he genuinely does just like to dress that way? As far as I know, people don't have to be gay or queer to dress more feminine. 

Also this isn't an attack on you or anything, I like you. I'm just curious about the whole thing in general :um2:

Billy Porter's recent criticism was amusing (since he certainly didn't invent gender-bending fashion) but he did have some good points. Harry gets to do this without actually experiencing the discrimination that people in the LGBTQ community face (since Harry has always given vague answers and refused to define himself – not that that's necessarily a bad thing). He can have his fun in a dress but then blend back into the crowd of straight mediocrity without missing out on career opportunities. Is Harry wrong for what he does? No. Can we be annoyed, though? Definitely lol.

That being said, my understanding is that Harry has always been an ally, at least, regardless of his sexual orientation. I don't have a problem with him.

P.S. Yes, I wish Americans were as open as (some) Europeans when it comes to gender and sexual expression. I'm sure some of the hate is rooted in homophobia. 

40 minutes ago, aidanrts said:

I like Delta Lipa's music but can't stand her as a person. Traveling the entire pandemic and posting about it on socials constantly?? So tone deaf. It's upsetting to see people supporting her and rushing to buy concert tickets for her upcoming tour. Stop giving money to people that suck!!

She doesn’t suck & I did buy tickets :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

55 minutes ago, aidanrts said:

You really joined the forum just to say this with your whole chest like every other artist wasn't doing the same thing.

BzhmW.png

1 hour ago, aidanrts said:

Stop giving money to people that suck!!

Bruh the entire global economy would literally grind to a halt and we’d all die. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Not sure if y’all are referencing someone else’s post but I never said that modern rap is bad :judgingu3: There are lots of great rap artists right now like Noname, JPEGMAFIA, Rich Brian, Brockhampton, Earl Sweatshirt, etc. I said that I dislike a lot of the most popular rap songs by artists like DaBaby and Kodak Black. Rap is a great genre but like most things, the most popular incarnations of it are not always the best ones.

26 minutes ago, drewby said:

You really joined the forum just to say this with your whole chest like every other artist wasn't doing the same thing.

Tea!

11 minutes ago, Mer said:

Bruh the entire global economy would literally grind to a halt and we’d all die. 

Humans being wiped out?? Wow how awful would that be :yawn:

13 hours ago, baddisease said:

I like you all, but your opinions on Mel are wrong. very, very wrong.

You’re probably right. I should revisit her at some point, and listen to the albums she put out since. A first album is not a whole career after all. 

Lorde

harry Styles

both pretentious as fuck neither can sing and they are absolutely nothing without the marketed mystique/supposed star power they so desperately want us to believe they hold (they don’t)

Doja Cat

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

This is not about any artist in particular, but I have trouble getting into the catalog of any artist who doesn’t write their own music, or who you can tell contributed one small thing and got a writing credit. I know pop stars aren’t required to write music, that they are performers, but for me, it dampens the quality of how genuinely and powerfully the art speaks to me. I don’t want to just dance around to a song, I want to FEEL IT IN MY BONES AND CRY

(I have a scorpio moon, if it wasn’t obvious)

giphy.gif