Surf Noir

How Would You Rank Each Version Of Yayo?

in my mind there's 5 "official" versions of yayo, here is how i would rank them...

1. yayo (aka)

2. yayo (no kung fu)

3. yayo (laptop demo)

4. yayo (the rich whores version)

5. yayo (paradise)

how would you rank them? you can add in some live versions if you'd like :heart: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1. AKA

2. The Rich Whores

3. No Kung Fu

4. Laptop demo 

5. Paradise

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1. AKA

2. No Kung Fu

3. The Rich Whores

4. Laptop Demo 

-----Barrier that goes so low it goes into hell------

5. Paradise 

imageproxy.jpg

8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

-----Barrier that goes so low it goes into hell------

5. Paradise 

ngl i thought about putting something like this in my original post bc it's simply the truth :bebe: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

I honestly don't get the hate for the PD version. It's one of Lana's best tracks imo. The atmosphere is unmatched. A vintage slutty depressing near death experience black motorcycle tunnel light champagne post nut clarity jazz masterpiece.

3 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I honestly don't get the hate for the PD version. It's one of Lana's best tracks imo. The atmosphere is unmatched. A vintage slutty depressing near death experience black motorcycle tunnel light champagne post nut clarity jazz masterpiece.

it's just a hollow shell of the aka version, in my opinion, and i don't think yayo is meant to be glamorous & luxurious, i think it best suits the seedy, vulnerable, & gloomy trailer park vibes, but that's just how i feel!

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's just a hollow shell of the aka version, in my opinion, and i don't think yayo is meant to be glamorous & luxurious, i think it best suits the seedy, vulnerable, & gloomy trailer park vibes, but that's just how i feel!

I like this interpretation. AKA is the 80s trailer park Christmas lights unmade bed heroin version and Paradise is the millionaire cocaine red wine necrophilia suicide one

Just now, YourGirl666 said:

I like this interpretation. AKA is the 80s trailer park Christmas lights unmade bed heroin version and the Paradise one is the millionaire cocaine red wine necrophilia suicide one

necrophilia...? girl you've got a disco ball mind but a SCARY one :horror:

dont get me wrong i love the aka version, i think it's the vocals that sell it.. yeah but yayo paradise version is superior.  mhm.  the broken piano, the breathing sound looped throughout and the horror movie strings omg perfection. only unnecessary part is the stupid loon. when you listen to the instrumental you can really grasp how it sells the story. when everything strips back and it's just the piano during the bridge i get chills. that is like what isolation and hopelessness feels like. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, Vanilla Icy said:

dont get me wrong i love the aka version, i think it's the vocals that sell it.. yeah but yayo paradise version is superior.  mhm.  the broken piano, the breathing sound looped throughout and the horror movie strings omg perfection. only unnecessary part is the stupid loon. when you listen to the instrumental you can really grasp how it sells the story. when everything strips back and it's just the piano during the bridge i get chills. that is like what isolation and hopelessness feels like. 

as much as i dislike the paradise version itself, i will say that the instrumental is beautiful

9 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

What do y’all consider the YouTube channel version? That’s my fav and thats how ive always known it :w8ing:

This is the version I've been listening for many years as well and it has to be my favorite . Also I love the picture they chose :trisha:

One of her best songs. It encapsulates so well that specific period of her life :true:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆