YourGirl666

Songs that could've been perfect but aren't due to...

What are the songs the could've been magnum opus material, but aren't only due to a little detail or stuff like that. Imo, Beautiful People never reached its full potential due some lyrics and the production. You can also post how your perfect version would sound like.

i think diet mountain dew would've been way better if it sounded more like the third demo, a little bit more chill & vibey, it's my favorite version of that song

i feel like a lot could be said for lust for life songs, i think if the entire album in general had a different sound & vibe it would've been a lot better, but especially the album version of lust for life compared to the very first demo version, or if bpbp didn't have the feature, no disrespect to stevie nicks at all, but i would've prefered it solo, i'm not a huge fan of lana's collabs

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Dark Paradise could've been so much better. I almost think that Lana was always trying to make it too fun in a sense, even though I think that that song would've been fantastic if the whole thing sounded like the beginning/first verse of the final. 

imageproxy.jpg

TNBAR

the cheap ass production and weird transition between the bridge and the rest of the song. tragic bc the song has mad potential but i feel like they didn't want to change it much bc of the architecture leak

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Don’t get me wrong, I love Million Dollar Man as it is on Born to Die, and it’s perfect for the soundscape and sonic world of the record…but listening to the instrumental of the Paradise Tour version + hearing the shouty live vocals in the chorus and the jazzy “ooh”s in the bridge before the last chorus, I wish there was some alternate re-release of the song where we got a studio version of that. It’s just so jazzy and timeless and classic. :smile: Lana’s interpolations of “jazz” (UV + HM as albums, Million Dollar Man live, and Why Don’t You Do Right live) are all amazing and show off her talent as a musician and artist, she really suits the genre and knows how to make it her own while staying true to its roots.  

Body Electric would’ve been so much better if not for the dreadfully repetitive chorus , and YES I KNOW lana loves her repetitive choruses don’t fucking tell me that . but it’s BORING on body electric And that’s that

RVhKIwP.gif

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Million Dollar Man as it is on Born to Die, and it’s perfect for the soundscape and sonic world of the record…but listening to the instrumental of the Paradise Tour version + hearing the shouty live vocals in the chorus and the jazzy “ooh”s in the bridge before the last chorus, I wish there was some alternate re-release of the song where we got a studio version of that. It’s just so jazzy and timeless and classic. :smile: Lana’s interpolations of “jazz” (UV + HM as albums, Million Dollar Man live, and Why Don’t You Do Right live) are all amazing, she really suits the genre and knows how to make it her own while staying true to its roots.  

speaking of million dollar man, i feel like the album version is over-produced, i really prefer the demo version, the auto-tuned loon should've been left out of it :agree: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

speaking of million dollar man, i feel like the album version is over-produced, i really prefer the demo version, the auto-tuned loon should've been left out of it :agree: 

I think it’s perfect for BTD’s cohesiveness and overall evocation, but I definitely prefer the classic feeling of the live version, and the demo is so underrated! I love the bass, I can’t hear it in the album version, but it would add to the romantic feeling of the song! :flutter:

maybe money power glory if the bridge was different. "dope and diamonds dooooope and diamonds lalalalala" sounds like something a queen on drag race would say if they had done lana on the snatch game

Just now, YourGirl666 said:

It already leaked lmao

i found on youtube now, but its basically the same thing. I was expecting something very different like "the lakes - folklore version" and "the lakes - original version"

source.gif 

the greatest loss of them all!

My profile title track, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL, could have been a masterpiece if it was ever finished

It was for AGE OF ADALINE starring Blake Lively. It was locked under LIONSGATE rights until SOMEONE somehow leaked it.

I promised LDR I would burn down LIONSGATE HQ for it, two weeks later it mysteriously appeared online.

She had written a song about someone convincing their friend to "come back to them" because "life is still beautiful". Shortly after writing the song, Del Rey was contacted by a producer who had commissioned her to submit a track for The Age of Adaline with a theme that was similar to what she had just written. Ultimately, the song was never officially released, however was featured in various promotional videos for the film.

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

Cruel World could be 10/10 if it didn't repeat itself so much. Honestly you could cut down the song by a minute then it would be perfect

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven