YourGirl666

Songs that could've been perfect but aren't due to...

28 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Million Dollar Man as it is on Born to Die, and it’s perfect for the soundscape and sonic world of the record…but listening to the instrumental of the Paradise Tour version + hearing the shouty live vocals in the chorus and the jazzy “ooh”s in the bridge before the last chorus, I wish there was some alternate re-release of the song where we got a studio version of that. It’s just so jazzy and timeless and classic. :smile: 

This is honestly how I feel about Body Electric! I love how much emotion is in her voice where the video starts (“She prays the rosary..”), and I also love how she included more electric guitar in other live performances as well

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This is honestly how I feel about Body Electric! I love how much emotion is in her voice where the video starts (“She prays the rosary..”), and I also love how she included more electric guitar in other live performances as well

I’m with you! I really like how eerie and sinister the live strings sound. Then the arrangement becomes a bit gritty with the guitar, but then gets super dark and grand when Byron goes into the lower octaves on the piano. It’s magical, paired with Lana’s switching between sultry, deep vocals and siren-like riffs. :xcry:

55 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Million Dollar Man as it is on Born to Die, and it’s perfect for the soundscape and sonic world of the record…but listening to the instrumental of the Paradise Tour version + hearing the shouty live vocals in the chorus and the jazzy “ooh”s in the bridge before the last chorus, I wish there was some alternate re-release of the song where we got a studio version of that. It’s just so jazzy and timeless and classic. :smile: Lana’s interpolations of “jazz” (UV + HM as albums, Million Dollar Man live, and Why Don’t You Do Right live) are all amazing and show off her talent as a musician and artist, she really suits the genre and knows how to make it her own while staying true to its roots.  

Absolutely. I love the studio version, but MDM was made to be a full-blown jazz song. The live version with just Lana and the piano is that song at it's best. I can even see some light horns on the song elevating that version even more. 

imageproxy.jpg

I really like BB version of Thunder but demo hitting me more.

22 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Thunder could've been perfect but isn't due to lack of demo guitars.

Maybe something like this with main riff being more prominent

THIS. 

Mashup with demo and release version would be perfect.

Violets for Roses could have been the best classic Lana song since Honeymoon (album) if it had orchestral drums and a bit of harp. It would have been like Video Games grown up. Still an amazing song (considering that I didn't expect to like it so much) and its production is so full compared to the last 2 albums but I just can't help thinking! 

I would also talk about Living Legend more but @Glitter Boy already made it perfect, so, dream come true! And I'm sorry I keep tagging you but I just want everyone to know who hasn't heard your edits! You can mute me if you like :eek2:

25 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Honeymoon. Don't get me wrong, the song is pure perfection already! But the Drum Mix... It could really elevate the song :true:

tbh i feel like a lot of the songs on honeymoon got watered down from their more powerful early versions 

i literally never listen to God Knows I Tried of TBD album version I only listen to the rock demos

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

When I think about lost potential, my mind goes to:

Freak: muffled vocals, awful drowned bass. Rick Nowels and Kieron can’t produce a trap inspired record for their life.

Tulsa Jesus Freak: I love the song but it could have been a 10/10 for me if it had bass, it needed that extra punch. 

Sad Girl: I’ve come to love this song but I think it would have been a staple Lana song if the chorus was different because the production is really stellar.

zXzLCRU.png

3 hours ago, Tulsa Devil said:

i found on youtube now, but its basically the same thing. I was expecting something very different like "the lakes - folklore version" and "the lakes - original version"

its noticeably different esp how it ends - its euphoric.