YourGirl666

Songs that could've been perfect but aren't due to...

7 hours ago, alexandro said:

When I think about lost potential, my mind goes to:

Freak: muffled vocals, awful drowned bass. Rick Nowels and Kieron can’t produce a trap inspired record for their life.

Tulsa Jesus Freak: I love the song but it could have been a 10/10 for me if it had bass, it needed that extra punch. 

Sad Girl: I’ve come to love this song but I think it would have been a staple Lana song if the chorus was different because the production is really stellar.

Sad girl chorus is untouchable . 😳

You can't change something that is perfect ! 

And I agree about Tulsa Jesus freak 

LFL (album) would sound amazing if she didn't use a paper between her mouth and mic, it just cheapens the whole thing, doesn't add any "future retro" aesthetic or whatever it she was going for. It's sad becaus emost of the production really shines through on that album, it would sound 100% better with crystal clear vocals.

8nl2OpX.png

I think Dark Paradise would've been so much better if it had a similar orchestral/cinematic sound to it like Young & Beautiful (orchestral version, not the movie one...)

Heavy violins in the chorus with one heavy drum... come on

Not at people coming from Rick and Kieron trap production on HM when it's literally flawless :oprah3: What Freak really needed is to get rid of that awful bridge and that stranger than a stranger line! 

PS: Actually the other day I revisited HM and it was SO funny to me, that whole trap section feels so upbeat, it almost feels like turn up music compared to COCC/BB, to think that back in the day it was the punching bag for the Comamoon jokes

8nl2OpX.png

17 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

:defeated:

without being rude i'll just say that I said what I said lol...this is def the right direction tho! 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Venice is like my favorite song ever and I do think it’s her opus but I do think it would have been even better if it was longer (35 minutes :flutter:) or has more powerful drums/electric guitar with the first transition. I still think it’s perfect though but those would be my changes 

sgopYhV.gif

i don’t really like the guns in the summertime and horses too part of Living Legend, it doesn’t really make sense to me and i wish the bridge had something a little more introspective and thoughtful about Jane than what we got. it comes off as Lana throwing in some random stereotypical Ultraviolence imagery

but i still love the song sooooo much don’t get me wrong

(not including the part that comes after, talking about heaven and hell. i love that part)

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Cherry Blossom is as perfect as it i but i just wish she added a little bit of nature ambient sounds in the background of the piano like birds chirping, the wind and stuff.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Thunder & BAR if they still were like their demo versions.
While this is prett much consent with BAR  - the new chorus is  so out of place and feels like the lyrics come from a LDR-Lyrics-Generator "Topanga's haaaawt" "I just wanna dance with u" "I'm taking off mah bathing suit" - I also feel like the Thunder rework was a downgrade.
The song had so much fire, and this minor build-up between the first and second verse was not worth sacrificing it. The strings they added were nice, but that lame percussion, the underuse of the backing singers and the way the first verse and chorus are sucked dry of all their energy is just criminal. It's still a good track, but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as I do if I hadn't heard and loved the demo first.

Venice Bitch if it was 4 minutes shorter. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I feel like the build up just stops going somewhwere at a certain point. The track tootles on without any actual progression, layers are added for the sake of it but don't feel organic at all.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Venice Bitch if it was 4 minutes shorter. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I feel like the build up just stops going somewhwere at a certain point. The track tootles on without any actual progression, layers are added for the sake of it but don't feel organic at all.

It might be an unpopular opinion but i can't understand the hype behind venice bitch. It has a lot of potential but i think that it lacks a bit a of punch/dynamic in the production. I don't know how to explain it properly but so many people describe it as being experimental / psychedelic ( if i am not being wrong ) but i can't seem to pinpoint where exactly are these characteristics.

Just my opinion though , so many people seem to like it and seems to be one of the most liked songs from NFR! so who am i to judge :stareney2:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

19 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

It might be an unpopular opinion but i can't understand the hype behind venice bitch. It has a lot of potential but i think that it lacks a bit a of punch/dynamic in the production. I don't know how to explain it properly but so many people describe it as being experimental / psychedelic ( if i am not being wrong ) but i can't seem to pinpoint where exactly are these characteristics.

Just my opinion though , so many people seem to like it and seems to be one of the most liked songs from NFR! so who am i to judge :stareney2:

Yeah, I don't really get it either (I feel like some people just like it for the sake of it being 10 minutes long and because they can stick buzzwords like psychedelic and experimental to it). I mean, it's a good track, but in my opinion it would have been better as a 6.30 song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Summer Bummer and Groupie Love without rap lines ...

DCMA without Ariana and Miley part :D

Many songs are too repetitive, I mean they always have the same scheme verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus, which gets a bit boring in the long run. I would want to change that first.

Cherry Blossom needed strings. It's my least favorite on the album because I honestly find it a bit dull production wise (however, it's one of my favorite vocal performances on the album). I think that if she'd added some strings to it around the second chorus, or even when the bridge kicks in, I would've loved it so much more. 

imageproxy.jpg

23 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Violets for Roses could have been the best classic Lana song since Honeymoon (album) if it had orchestral drums and a bit of harp. It would have been like Video Games grown up. Still an amazing song (considering that I didn't expect to like it so much) and its production is so full compared to the last 2 albums but I just can't help thinking! 

I would also talk about Living Legend more but @Glitter Boy already made it perfect, so, dream come true! And I'm sorry I keep tagging you but I just want everyone to know who hasn't heard your edits! You can mute me if you like :eek2:

Thanks for this promo, not even I promo my edits as much as you do! :heart:  I would never mute you bestie <3 

I agree on Violets, though I truly love it as it is and I don't dare to touch it as I don't wanna ruin it :cryney: but definitely in my top 3 from Blue Banisters :true: 

--------

On topic - I think Blue Banisters (song) needed a little more to it. It's truly mesmerising and beautiful the way it is and I love it, so soft and mello, but the vocals in the chorus make me beg for a little strings arrangement and maybe some horns a la Arcadia or If You Lie Down with Me :brows: or even some soft subtle synths too.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Thanks for this promo, not even I promo my edits as much as you do! :heart:  I would never mute you bestie <3 

I agree on Violets, though I truly love it as it is and I don't dare to touch it as I don't wanna ruin it :cryney: but definitely in my top 3 from Blue Banisters :true: 

--------

On topic - I think Blue Banisters (song) needed a little more to it. It's truly mesmerising and beautiful the way it is and I love it, so soft and mello, but the vocals in the chorus make me beg for a little strings arrangement and maybe some sax a la Arcadia or If You Lie Down with Me :brows: or even some soft subtle synths too.

:flutter::kiss:

Oh I agree with Blue Bannisters too! Maybe if the atmosphere of the last chorus was brought up to the first chorus (because it's beautiful), then the strings and brass were added in the last chorus! :squidward:

Coachella - garbage prod, sounds like a Love + Fear outtake, could've been just a folk song like many of Chemtrails

How To Disappear - sounds cheap, like Jack was playing and not actually producing

TNBAR - the prod is good, the only thing that fucking disturbs me is the chorus (wtf was that, the demo sounded better)

Breaking Up Slowly and LMLYLAW - lacks seasoning, too shy vocally and the instrumentals are too simple

Nectar Of The Gods - quite weak, actually this one should be out of the album and it also lacks a good chorus