YourGirl666

Songs that could've been perfect but aren't due to...

Happiness Is A Butterfly is 3 great songs mixed terribly into one. Idk what could be changed about it but the verses, pre chorus, and chorus are so distinctly different and don’t go together at all. 

Maybe she could have made them two interludes or something 

"Don’t forget me"

songs that i wish were produced differently? there's a few lmao

1. lucky ones - the final version makes NO sense with the rest of btd's soundscape, i GREATLY prefer the demo

2. the other woman - i honestly don't like lana's delivery here, and it clashes with the instrumental for me

3. coachella - same thing here, her delivery is all kinds of strange and the instrumental overpowers it

4. how to disappear - i get what they tried to do with the bells but they're SO distracting lmao

5. tulsa jesus freak - i feel like her vocals are overfiltered and the instrumental underproduced, idk

6. cherry blossom - underproduced, i wish there was something besides piano going on for the atmosphere

rihKQ8M.gif

2 hours ago, Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie said:

1. lucky ones - the final version makes NO sense with the rest of btd's soundscape, i GREATLY prefer the demo

2. the other woman - i honestly don't like lana's delivery here, and it clashes with the instrumental for me

3. coachella - same thing here, her delivery is all kinds of strange and the instrumental overpowers it

4. how to disappear - i get what they tried to do with the bells but they're SO distracting lmao

5. tulsa jesus freak - i feel like her vocals are overfiltered and the instrumental underproduced, idk

6. cherry blossom - underproduced, i wish there was something besides piano going on for the atmosphere

Nobody touch Tulsa Jesus Freak and How to Disappear. They are BEAUTIFUL exactly like that, the others I agree with.

On How to Disappear, I wouldn't be surprised if Interscope once said, "If you don't make this damn song even a remotley happier, there will be suicides."

met my boyfriend down at the taco truck

15 minutes ago, shadesofdealer said:

Sweet Carolina due to that second verse. Cut it out and it’s a 5/5 song imo

but the second verse is what gives it it's novelty. without it it's lowk basic, boring, beautiful teas. :crai:

i get what u mean tho

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Body Electric would be perfect if some of the lyrics were replaced with better ones. I'd love to sing it in the style she did at the 2012 iTunes festival - it's one of my favorite live performances of hers - but the lyrics bring the song down and make me cringe...I'm used to her lyrics though so I can tolerate it, but if I was performing in front of a crowd that is not familiar with her songs, I would just be embarrassed to say stuff like "Elvis is my daddy, Marilyn's my mother, Jesus is my bestest friend"...

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

On 11/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, alexandro said:

When I think about lost potential, my mind goes to:

Freak: muffled vocals, awful drowned bass. Rick Nowels and Kieron can’t produce a trap inspired record for their life.

They did make a mess out of Freak. Even the guitar part was a mess. They should have started over and tried harder to line up the instruments and vocals because the song being so out of time is my biggest problem, even tho it's literally my favourite song from Honeymoon. 

On 11/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie said:

If you'd like a version of Coachella that makes sense:

Cherry Blossom - when it starts to pickup and get loud about halfway through the song, it gets to be a little much to me. But I love the rest of the song so much.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore