West Coast

Lana Del Rey to be honoured with the ‘Decade Award’ at Variety's Hitmaker Event - December 4th, 2021

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

Mike Dean will receive an award too. Watch them announce Lana‘s next record :ma:

when mike dean & lana receive their awards together & spontenously announce their bubblegum pop/heavy metal fusion album "rock candy flamingos forever" which is also produced by emile haynie & david kahne

The Unhealthy Mind of a Stan. And how BTS helped me have an epiphany | by  arnxsia | Medium

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

when mike dean & lana receive their awards together & spontenously announce their bubblegum pop/heavy metal fusion album "rock candy flamingos forever" which is also produced by emile haynie & david kahne

The Unhealthy Mind of a Stan. And how BTS helped me have an epiphany | by  arnxsia | Medium

Hard Rock Candy Flamingos Forever Sweet, :ma:

IMG-3521.jpg

8 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Cant believe that they paid dust to Doja  Cat btw... she is literally the name of 2021 

Gang sunk that dunker :ma:

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

The way Lana is going to make "LDR9 Pre-Release Thread" happen on December 4th. 

wait-cant.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

it's about time, this forum has been dry for too long GIF bad dancing dancing mariah carey - animated GIF on GIFER - by Nila

Lana dropping the ball about 'Ultraviolence' at the 'Tropico' premiere teas. :true:

9 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Deleted bc that sounded mean oops

Congrats my queen!

it's funny because artists like olivia rodrigo & billie eilish are very new compared to lana, they're likely only included because they're very popular, it's silly to call them "decade defining" musicans when they've only been in the industry for a few years, didn't olivia rodrigo hit it big with "driver's license" in 2020? :um2: 

i'm pretty sure a good chuck of those artists in general are "new" and/or wouldn't really be considered "decade defining" :um2: 

edit: i just saw you deleted your original comment lol :crai: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it's funny because artists like olivia rodrigo & billie eilish are very new compared to lana, they're likely only included because they're very popular, it's silly to call them "decade defining" musicans when they've only been in the industry for a few years, didn't olivia rodrigo hit it big with "driver's license" in 2020? :um2: 

i'm pretty sure a good chuck of those artists in general are "new" and/or wouldn't really be considered "decade defining" :um2: 

Exactly bestie. This is why I'm generally annoyed by award ceremonies because they always give in to hype, thus tarnishing their credibility as a committee. I mean there's literally an unreleased Lana song that is suspected to date back to as early as 2004 (almost 20 years ago!!) Even though it's not under Lana Del Rey, it just shows that Lana has so much more artistic experience and validity 

:true:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

Exactly like Billie herself is heavily influenced by Lana. I think Nas has proven himself to be a mainstay because he’s a genius marketer, but some of these other names are less likely to mean anything in 5-10 years.

34 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Cant believe that they paid dust to Doja  Cat btw... she is literally the name of 2021 

more like the name of 2020...

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Not to talk down on them at all because I think they're very talented in their own right, but I think it's super interesting that the artists Lana has inspired are also being honored. It really shows how influential her music is to newer artists even in small ways. We've gotten to a point almost 10 years after BTD where we can now see the fruits of Lana's labor. She is just such an incredible artist and I am so happy over this 

imageproxy.jpg

I find Lana to be very resilient, because despite being at the center of some controversies and her albums getting ridiculous negative backlash from the getgo, she still managed to make a name for herself in the industry and even be considered a trailblazer years down the line. I hate award shows and their politics as much as the next person, but she's really thriving despite some naysayers, never missing a beat to criticize her. :true:

i feel like artists who've actually been around throughout the 2010's & have remained very successful & influential would've been more fitting choices, such as lady gaga, beyonce, selena gomez, & taylor swift, i know those are really big names in the industry, but it's a lot more accurate if they're trying to celebrate artists who were successful & impactful during the 2010's instead of artists who debuted when the decade was ending, but we all know how award shows are :runs:

WGe8ynS.gif