West Coast

Lana Del Rey to be honoured with the ‘Decade Award’ at Variety's Hitmaker Event - December 4th, 2021

Maybe it has been mentioned here, or elsewhere, so I am sorry if I missed this:

I generally start obsessing over the AOTY lists around this time each year. I check all my favourite (and not so favourite) music sites. 

One thing that shocks me this year: WHERE THE FUCK IS BLUE BANISTERS?

How could such a beautiful album be so monumentally ignored?

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

2 minutes ago, Skuj said:

Maybe it has been mentioned here, or elsewhere, so I am sorry if I missed this:

I generally start obsessing over the AOTY lists around this time each year. I check all my favourite (and not so favourite) music sites. 

One thing that shocks me this year: WHERE THE FUCK IS BLUE BANISTERS?

How could such a beautiful album be so monumentally ignored?

it didn't qualify, it was released after the submission deadline:crying5::thumb3:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

4 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

it didn't qualify, it was released after the submission deadline:crying5::thumb3:

I don't mean Grammies and shit. Lists, like Consequence Of Sound, NME, Pitchfuckingfork, etc etc etc. 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

So there's a possibility Lana might actually be in attendance - Ed somewhat alluded to it on his Instagram by saying "can't wait to be with you for this well deserved and hard won recognition" and there's some posts online about it being confirmed that she's going?? Knowing our luck, it's probably all just grasping at straws, but it'd be nice to see her there to see her recognition in person

I'll be spending the next three days manifesting :legend:

imageproxy.jpg

8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

So there's a possibility Lana might actually be in attendance - Ed somewhat alluded to it on his Instagram by saying "can't wait to be with you for this well deserved and hard won recognition" and there's some posts online about it being confirmed that she's going?? Knowing our luck, it's probably all just grasping at straws, but it'd be nice to see her there to see her recognition in person

tbh it seems like the kind of event she would want to come to, it's like a comeback win. versus like going to the met gala for example is just celebrating the industry that hates her. wheras this is actually celebrating her art. still it's crazy to me we might see her at an actual red carpet, she's been locked in that ranch for so long like 2 years! i won't quite be able to believe it until i see it

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, drugmunny said:

tbh it seems like the kind of event she would want to come to, it's like a comeback win. versus like going to the met gala for example is just celebrating the industry that hates her. wheras this is actually celebrating her art. still it's crazy to me we might see her at an actual red carpet, she's been locked in that ranch for so long like 2 years! i won't quite be able to believe it until i see it

I was thinking that as well. It's such an incredible honor, I think it'd be something she'd enjoy getting to see in person :wub:

imageproxy.jpg

Aw I’m so excited for this and to see her on the red carpet again. I hope she’s given a chance to accept her award onstage and deliver a speech. I really need to hear everything she has to say about this past decade and how she’s been reflecting on her life up until this point. :flutter:

!!! so excited to finally get another red carpet moment after all this time. we also haven't been getting many fan/pap photos lately. crossing fingers for another gucci collab ob her look but those days may be over.

33 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

she's been locked in that ranch for so long

:lmao::suicide: haven't we all...

aOaIzH2.gif