Jump to content
West Coast

Lana Del Rey to be honoured with the ‘Decade Award’ at Variety's Hitmaker Event - December 4th, 2021

Recommended Posts

Maybe it has been mentioned here, or elsewhere, so I am sorry if I missed this:

 

I generally start obsessing over the AOTY lists around this time each year. I check all my favourite (and not so favourite) music sites. 

 

One thing that shocks me this year: WHERE THE FUCK IS BLUE BANISTERS?

 

How could such a beautiful album be so monumentally ignored?


 

 

 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skuj said:

Maybe it has been mentioned here, or elsewhere, so I am sorry if I missed this:

 

I generally start obsessing over the AOTY lists around this time each year. I check all my favourite (and not so favourite) music sites. 

 

One thing that shocks me this year: WHERE THE FUCK IS BLUE BANISTERS?

 

How could such a beautiful album be so monumentally ignored?

it didn't qualify, it was released after the submission deadline:crying5::thumb3:


small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

it didn't qualify, it was released after the submission deadline:crying5::thumb3:

 

I don't mean Grammies and shit. Lists, like Consequence Of Sound, NME, Pitchfuckingfork, etc etc etc. 


 

 

 

A.K.A. Fuckin' Mr. Brightside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skuj said:

I don't mean Grammies and shit. Lists, like Consequence Of Sound, NME, Pitchfuckingfork, etc etc etc. 

why did i think this was the grammys discussion thread


small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Skuj said:

 

I don't mean Grammies and shit. Lists, like Consequence Of Sound, NME, Pitchfuckingfork, etc etc etc. 

Because most people who make up those lists are dorks.


tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there's a possibility Lana might actually be in attendance - Ed somewhat alluded to it on his Instagram by saying "can't wait to be with you for this well deserved and hard won recognition" and there's some posts online about it being confirmed that she's going?? Knowing our luck, it's probably all just grasping at straws, but it'd be nice to see her there to see her recognition in person

 

I'll be spending the next three days manifesting :legend:


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

So there's a possibility Lana might actually be in attendance - Ed somewhat alluded to it on his Instagram by saying "can't wait to be with you for this well deserved and hard won recognition" and there's some posts online about it being confirmed that she's going?? Knowing our luck, it's probably all just grasping at straws, but it'd be nice to see her there to see her recognition in person

 

tbh it seems like the kind of event she would want to come to, it's like a comeback win. versus like going to the met gala for example is just celebrating the industry that hates her. wheras this is actually celebrating her art. still it's crazy to me we might see her at an actual red carpet, she's been locked in that ranch for so long like 2 years! i won't quite be able to believe it until i see it


small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drugmunny said:

tbh it seems like the kind of event she would want to come to, it's like a comeback win. versus like going to the met gala for example is just celebrating the industry that hates her. wheras this is actually celebrating her art. still it's crazy to me we might see her at an actual red carpet, she's been locked in that ranch for so long like 2 years! i won't quite be able to believe it until i see it

I was thinking that as well. It's such an incredible honor, I think it'd be something she'd enjoy getting to see in person :wub:


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw I’m so excited for this and to see her on the red carpet again. I hope she’s given a chance to accept her award onstage and deliver a speech. I really need to hear everything she has to say about this past decade and how she’s been reflecting on her life up until this point. :flutter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

!!! so excited to finally get another red carpet moment after all this time. we also haven't been getting many fan/pap photos lately. crossing fingers for another gucci collab ob her look but those days may be over.

 

33 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

she's been locked in that ranch for so long

 

:lmao::suicide: haven't we all...


aOaIzH2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...