Doll Harlow

Which Lana songs can you not listen to for reasons other than not liking them?

Old Money because I’m trying to stop being so fucking sad all the time and that song does it the most for me.

love song because im single af and I just have no one to picture myself with to that song :true:

9 hours ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

Honestly I avoid most of UV. Is it great art? Yes. But I do NOT need to be in the headspace on the daily. It alonside Live Through This and In Utero are albums that saved my life, and were deeply important to me at a time I needed them, but also are no longer energetically a match for me. I can listen to a specific song occasionally, but no listening to the entire albums screaming along many times a day like it's my senior year of high school again

Completely agree! 

UV is one of her absolute masterpieces, high up there but it's an angry record and only really listenable when you need to let off steam. In that case it's perfect though! 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Hope is a dangerous thing and Terrence loves you are two of my all time fav lana songs but can take me fully into my feelings in a way that makes life a little rough- so I tend to only listen on occasion or if I’m in the right mood. I’ve been through periods of listening to them obsessively and it’s been…intense.

aOaIzH2.gif

For most of the year I couldn't listen to COTCC (track) because when it was released I was going through something scary and I didn't want to remember it with such detail, but I overcame it after several months. 

During a lot of 2013 I couldn't listen to BTD (track) or Blue Jeans because the guy who I so strongly associated those with broke up with me. It might have been 6 months or more until I listened again.

I think the only song I avoid currently is Venice Bitch, because I can't listen without thinking of exactly the time it was released where I was "okay" and "had it together" but at the same time didn't really like myself or know who I was, and that is just scary for me to look back on because that song was like a fake freedom to me back then. 

A lot of Born to Die and Ultraviolence I don't listen to now as I used to listen to them when I was very depressed and now I just feel like I can't listen to them any more they have like dark energy to me and havent really listened to them in 2 years or more.

Peace (All You Need)

Methamphetamines 

hope is a dangerous thing

I Talk to Jesus

Flipside

All are way too emotional to me

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

On 11/20/2021 at 5:08 AM, bluechemtrails said:

Cola - makes me think about things I don't want to think about :bebe:

You mean Harvey Weinstein being in the sky with diamonds, making you crazy?

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.