Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Favorite Things In The Lana-verse!

Title. 

Whether they're something so profound as actual songs/remixes. Interviews, or just knowledge tidbits. What are your favorite things that Lana has introduced you to?

Alligator clips? Joni Mitchell? Insta Baddie-izm? . . . motorcycle daddies? Neptune Avenue? White dresses? Red dresses? Romanticizing everyday life? Bathing with cats clothed? Nirvana n Biggie Smalls? 

Things that make up the Lana-verse, ok go! :dance:

Edited by Pineapple B00ST
feel free to post photos!

UV/Honeymoon

omg there's so much when I think about it...but my favs are probably Nancy Sinatra, Sylvia Plath and confessional poetry. also 60s culture, old hollywood, and seeing beauty in things as they are♥

'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'

I'll do my best never to turn into something that burns, burns, burns

,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,.•*'*•.,

Father John Misty, Women Who Run With The Wolves, and most definitely this site

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

I love how she's made us all get interested in so many things that she likes. How she's been so specific with her style and interests that we've copied it and other Lana fans have picked it up that we got it from her. 

Like for fucks sake, she made me try out wearing caps. 

this is kind of embarrassing, but i think lana’s music and how it’s helped me romanticise the smallest of tasks has gotten me through so many things. i’ll enjoy doing things so much more if i do it pretending i’m in a lana song etc, and i just love the cinematic world i’ve built around her music in my head that i can go to when i’m feeling down

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

the snuff necklace is definitely up there for me

but i really love her visuals, in particular her homemade videos 

theres just something so much more personal about them since lana was the one picking and choosing the clips as to how she felt they fit with the song or were reminders of her own memories or just something she was fascinated with 

and her lip syncing along, dancing, the outfits, the accessories?? are just precious 

like seeing her in a blonde wig, with heart shaped sunglasses, and drinking diet mtn dew is so on the nose and in a way cheesy but in the best of ways possible

and then you have homemade videos for carmen where we have specific audio clips that are also played over the track that really enhance the meaning of the song

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

She taught me to sense the world around me a lot more intensely. Like how she just describes being at home with your love, doing nothing special, just playing video games as something really romantic and meaningful. Or as somebody already said, little things like Diet Mountain Dew etc. So just appreciating the little everyday things.

This summer I was at home working and it was late afternoon, the sun rays came through my window and felt really warm and one of my neighbors was working on his car and listening to a mix of classical music and jazz. That was such a Lana-moment to me. 

So yeah, sensing the everyday world around me and how atmospheric it can be is definitely something her lyrics taught me. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

I never really thought anything of flamingos in my life before Lana's music, but now they instantly remind me of her (and Lizzy). My phone case literally has pink flamingos on it. They're beautiful creatures tbh :fabcat:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven