teethclick

Afraid

Spoiler

Does a song ever get stuck on your mind, sometimes appearing out of nowhere, and you feel that it has to mean something for it to come to you out of the blue?

I've had this song stuck on my mind throughout the year, and it just keeps reinforcing itself as a reflection of my life to the point where... I don't know how to explain it, but I'm in a situation where I'm stuck and I can't seem to find a way out. I want to change, but I'm so afraid, and my mind fills up with the "what ifs," and logically I'm better off staying than leaving because there's nothing out there for me. I have no one, and I don't know how I can fend for myself in this world. 

It breaks my heart that this song keeps replaying in my mind - trying to let me know that it's okay to leave, and eventually I'll find my way out in this world. I just can't, however, and the lyrics keep repeating in my head making me feel foolish for not being strong enough to follow through. 

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

48 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I listened to it for the first time, the melody sounds so familiar. Is it from another song or original?

It kinda reminds me of video games for some reason

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

god, this song. anytime someone says she 'glamorized' abuse I love to bring it out. first time I heard it, it was like I was in another dimension. the lyrics, the vocals, I can go on and on. the thing that really sticks out to me is how shes just slightly off tempo coming in a few times (so subtle you barely pick up on it), I don't know if it was purposeful or not, but I think that's what gives this song that unsettling feeling that Lana clearly felt in the situation she was in. the way shes able to communicate her exact emotions and send it out to her audience so flawlessly and clearly never ceases to amaze me