LOVE

Your First Unreleased Lana Song / How You Discovered Lana Had Unreleased Music

I’m not entirely sure, I started listening to lana in late 2019/early 2020 after being recommended Ride and 24 on youtube. From being a doja cat stan before I knew about unreleased music so I decided to look for some for lana and I think the first song I heard was I Talk To Jesus. Since then it’s spiraled to where I am now .

“I’m wild I’m free, no man can handle me”CWVPmao.jpgQMpCskZ.jpg

I still have my YouTube playlist I made in February 2017 when I was trying to understand how her discography worked. I remember even asking some fan account if I were a fake fan for listening to her unreleased songs. I just searched Lana Del Rey unreleased songs and was like what the fuck why are there so many...the playlist currently says "Last updated on July 2, 2017" LOL

My Best Days, Serial Killer, and Kill Kill were the first unreleased songs I discovered

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

my relationship with lana’s unreleased goes way back, she’s my mother :agree:

Okay so. To set the scene, when I was like 9 or 10 years old I vividly remember listening to Mermaid Motel on YouTube on one of those stupid AKA full album upload videos. I vividly remember my samsung tablet and Mermaid Motel playing while I played Minecraft and I loved it because of the title. I never listened to her or it again

Then 4 years later in 2018 I discovered Lana properly through MAC and VB. i found her unreleased quite quickly, i’m not sure how but i’m pretty sure my first downloads of master posts were from those tumblr pages that have lots of incorrect versions / titles etc all just in one massive zip. The cover was the one posted above, lana with the beehive and the words ‘Lana Del Rey Unreleased’ in the BTD font. Then I began to organise them more, and had the untouchable five as an EP with this jfk and jackie kennedy / lana faceswap as the picture lol. I remember going on runs in the summer of 2019 to Ghetto Baby and stuff :cryney2:

Then as I got deeper into the lanaverse, opened multiple fanpages, discovered the miss daytona collection etc i’ve grown incredibly familiar with her unreleased discography and can confidently say i know the words to all the unreleased songs

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I think I discovered her unreleased songs from Lollapalooza Brasil 2018, where she sang "Serial Killer." At first, I didn't realize it was an unreleased song; I thought it was from her "Born to Die" album, but then I found she had a lot of unreleased songs. INSANE

it was in 2012 or 2013, I found a fan-made mixtape called "God Bless America" which included unreleased songs by lana (two of them were 'Never Let Me Go' and 'Put The Radio On'). that's when I started to look for more unreleased content and well (Sirens, AKA, her unreleased EPs, leaked songs) ... I was busy downloading files for a few hours .. 

I believe Prom Song (Gone Wrong) was recommended to me on YouTube back in 2012. I immediately fell in love with that poppy Lana and wanted to find more :oprah: until like 2014 I genuinely thought her unreleased material (Puppy Love, Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, Velvet Crowbar, etc. etc.) was way better than BTD. :true:

In 2013 I saw Yt suggesting me songs which I have no idea they are existing. I thought that these songs belongs to BTD album don't knowing that's only outtakes. Everytime I saw album tracklist I was like: "Why some tracks didn't showing me up":godlaugh::godlaugh:

Either through YouTube, tumblr, or my online friend recommending Prom Song to me. I discovered them pretty early back in either 2012 or 2013 and had one of those megapost downloads of every single unreleased song that had been leaked and then I added it to my iTunes library. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

When I was 11 years old, I was a casual LanaBoards user and I also ran/co-ran a couple ig fan accounts for her lol. I discovered my first unreleased songs from my old ig friends! The one guy that introduced me to a lot of them was like a year or two older than me and he was my Internet bestie for years when we were kids. We made some fun music together too. 

I’m 18 now and we still talk sometimes. We aren’t as close as we used to be, but I still rlly appreciate him to this day <3 :kiss:

𝕷𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖛𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖙 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖇𝖆𝖗

6af18cff839694f3d1353c53b0157c251b25d065

22 hours ago, iconiclogan said:

damn everyone in this thread young as hell i feel so old. i found all her unreleased via tumblr blogs 😭😭😭

SAAAAME

the first unreleased i heard was Queen of Disaster when it leaked, it was on tumblr with like 100k notes or some shit and people were saying it was the lead single for her newest album lmao (which would have been UV bc i think this was in 2013???)

9ISvyf0.gif

It was totally by accident. I wasn’t a big fan of her at first (I liked a couple of her songs and that’s it). But I started watching Tropico when it was out and became obsessed. I then typed her on YouTube and listened to released and unreleased thrown in a mix, not knowing which songs were unreleased / leaked. A quick Google search informed me lol when I realized that if all of those songs were from BTD, that it was the longest album in history haha 

Early 2013 is when i discovered lana and was digesting BTD and Paradise. Soundcloud was the it thing back then so i was on it a lot. Decided to search Lana in there and the fist unreleased song i stumbled upon was Puppy Love, along with Radio's and Dark Paradise Demo 

idk how i found out about it– i'm guessing tumblr?– but i found the no kung fu ep 2011/2012ish and was really into it– liked it more than BTD. for many years i only knew of that and her 2009/2010ish era unreleased super pop stuff which i can't stand, so i didn't bother listening to other unreleased bc i thought they all sounded like that. only a few years ago that i discovered so many pre and post 2011 unreleased that i adore, most during the NFR era which brought me back to lana after not listening for a few years.

aOaIzH2.gif