Doijroij

How did you discover Lana had unreleased music? please share

22 hours ago, iconiclogan said:

damn everyone in this thread young as hell i feel so old. i found all her unreleased via tumblr blogs 😭😭😭

SAAAAME

the first unreleased i heard was Queen of Disaster when it leaked, it was on tumblr with like 100k notes or some shit and people were saying it was the lead single for her newest album lmao (which would have been UV bc i think this was in 2013???)

9ISvyf0.gif

It was totally by accident. I wasn’t a big fan of her at first (I liked a couple of her songs and that’s it). But I started watching Tropico when it was out and became obsessed. I then typed her on YouTube and listened to released and unreleased thrown in a mix, not knowing which songs were unreleased / leaked. A quick Google search informed me lol when I realized that if all of those songs were from BTD, that it was the longest album in history haha 

Early 2013 is when i discovered lana and was digesting BTD and Paradise. Soundcloud was the it thing back then so i was on it a lot. Decided to search Lana in there and the fist unreleased song i stumbled upon was Puppy Love, along with Radio's and Dark Paradise Demo 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI9Xo_6xqJXjERhi-wlal

Check my music blog Opiblo here

On 11/27/2021 at 8:21 AM, iconiclogan said:

damn everyone in this thread young as hell i feel so old. i found all her unreleased via tumblr blogs 😭😭😭

One time I was discussing with someone about how we discovered Lana and at some point they said, “I was six years old and it’s still such a special memory” like wait what sghsrukghsrukg :rollin:

But it's great to see diversity lmfao ANYWAY for me I found the leaks on multiple platforms, everywhere honestly. She wasn't huge at the time so nothing was ever removed.

shards.gif

idk how i found out about it– i'm guessing tumblr?– but i found the no kung fu ep 2011/2012ish and was really into it– liked it more than BTD. for many years i only knew of that and her 2009/2010ish era unreleased super pop stuff which i can't stand, so i didn't bother listening to other unreleased bc i thought they all sounded like that. only a few years ago that i discovered so many pre and post 2011 unreleased that i adore, most during the NFR era which brought me back to lana after not listening for a few years.

aOaIzH2.gif

Around the very same time I discovered her in general.

When VG was released to german radio stations, I was extremely impressed an intrigued. The first songs I found on YT when looking her up were Lolita (the orchestral demo version) and Kinda Outta Luck (which was actually used in a TV commercial of a big german tv-station back then).

It did not take long to find AKA (even back then it was mentioned in almost every article talking about her rise to fame), and I think that I also regularly listened to the Diet Mountain Dew demo, You Can Be The Boss and She's Not Me before BtD dropped.

Other unreleased tracks that had a firm place on my MP3-player during my early fandom days were Put The Radio On, Hundred Dollar Bill and Heavy Hitter, all of which still reside among my favourite Lana unreleased

~You roll like thunder~

the october 14, 2012 leaks were the first ones i listened to where i guess i became aware that most of lana's music was unreleased (at the time/still is lol), but back whenever i heard video games for the first time, i do remember youtube recommending me tracks off AKA and No Kung Fu :flutter:

i didn't really differentiate between released and unreleased songs until then, anyway

prior to becoming a lifetime reycist i was a full-time gaga stan though, so the idea that an artist could have unreleased material that would leak, wasn't new to me - but the sheer magnitude of songs we've gotten over the years will never not shock me lmao 

"You're a rich WASP from Connecticut and you live in a five-level penthouse.

You're 'The Man.' As in, 'stick it to The Man.' As in the person they guillotine in the revolution."

lN3Q32K.png

i was in middle school when i was listening to a lot of her unreleased on tumblr

then i re-discovered a lot of her stuff on tik tok years later

the circle of sad girl social media life

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

There was a compilation album on Youtube called 'Young and Beautiful', which from memory was a mixture of released and unreleased songs. I listened to that every day for a week or two, and then discovered that you could actually download them in better quality. There was also a fake record on Youtube called 'Die For Me' that I think was even sold on ebay for a bit.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png