IanadeIrey

A Decade of Lana Del Rey: The Artist Talks Diarist Pop and Upholding Her Truth — Variety - December 2, 2021

It’s surreal seeing Lana mention so many of her records in one interview! I never thought I’d hear her say which record she deems as her best, either!

I wonder if she has any intentions of topping NFR! for her own standards or if she’s content with the quality of work she’s generated & solely making music for the fulfillment of it (aka “playing real good for free”:dua:)

For me, at least, Blue Banisters almost felt like Lana delivering a breath of relief for telling her narrative without any room for further explanation. In short, it was a clarification and confessional piece chronicling her life. 

Now that she’s set her story straight (so to speak), I can’t help but wonder where she’s headed next. Will we get a “day in the life” view of Lana’s world like with NFR, or should we expect something different? Either way, I’m ready :)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 hours ago, drugmunny said:

“There were moments while I was making ‘Honeymoon,’ moments while mixing ‘Ultraviolence,’ then writing ‘Norman Rockwell!’ and producing my own album, ‘Blue Banisters,’ that all stand out to me,”

wait she produced blue banisters? i think she means co-produced with complete creative control. which..explains a lot ab some of the production choices. icon of individuality

And these are all of her best records. :gclap:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I hate the word "diarist"

:wtf3:

There's also a podcast w Ed that's mostly about Lana 

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/lana-del-rey-dua-lipa-tap-music-1235122343/

who's gonna take one for the team and summarise the podcast bc literally listening to a podcast w ed is so far down on my list of things i wanna do

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I hate the word "diarist"

:wtf3:

There's also a podcast w Ed that's mostly about Lana 

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/lana-del-rey-dua-lipa-tap-music-1235122343/

I didn’t realize diarist was even a word until now. I wouldn’t describe her music as “diarist” until NFR tbh when she started writing shit that no one understands but her and her circle of friends/family

whatarecoloris.jpg