DeadSeaOfMercury

Depeche Mode

9 minutes ago, slut4davegahan said:

Sadly, with the passing of Fletch, this could very well be the conclusion of new material from Depeche Mode. Fletch was such an integral part of Depeche Mode that it almost feels inappropriate to consider anything new from them other than remasters and such.

He'll be missed.

being completely honest, even ignoring the recent loss, spirit definitely felt final even at the time so i definitely don't think that the loss would be the main reason why new music wouldn't be coming although it certainly is a reason now just for respect reasons

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, avenue said:

being completely honest, even ignoring the recent loss, spirit definitely felt final even at the time so i definitely don't think that the loss would be the main reason why new music wouldn't be coming although it certainly is a reason now just for respect reasons

In my heart, it's never really over until they say it is. However, with him being gone I think this is really it. The blackest day, literally.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Damn, it's a tragedy. This guy participated in the magic of DM, he gave so much, it's really tragic. I can't explain how their music has saved my life many times, so many timeless classics. :noparty:

I think the band will die out, maybe not for touring but for albums I don't think they will replace it, DM had that very particular sound and progression in their discography.
Anyway, Dave has gotten a worse voice over time (that's not bad), and their last album was faded, they have a really solid career, with amazing material. We were spoiled and I think they have something to feed the fans for many years. :crossed:

May he rest in peace.

stuff i would not hate:

- new singles boxsets

- maybe a third remix album

- a martin album where he's actually singing

- reissues of the earlier live stuff (world we live in, broken frame tour)

- world violation release pleek

obviously still mourning the tragedy but also looking into the future

6 hours ago, avenue said:

stuff i would not hate:

- new singles boxsets

- maybe a third remix album

- a martin album where he's actually singing

- reissues of the earlier live stuff (world we live in, broken frame tour)

- world violation release pleek

obviously still mourning the tragedy but also looking into the future

martin singing david's lyrics would be such an interesting spin

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

4 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

I've heard their name in passing before but not the music; any essential songs I should know about? Also may he r.i.p

The entire Music for the Masses album is great. I suggest giving that album a listen.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

15 hours ago, TRENCH said:

I've heard their name in passing before but not the music; any essential songs I should know about? Also may he r.i.p

just start with the singles 86>98 album bop after bop after bop etc

also if you refuse to fuck with compilations then music for the masses or violator

On 10/6/2022 at 4:37 PM, Downtown Baby Doll said:

Anyone going to see them on tour? I got a ticket for their Chicago show but damn those prices were offensive

That was the show I tried to get tickets for, Still debating on paying scalpers considering it’s Depeche Mode…

:cryney2:

IMG-3521.jpg

On 10/7/2022 at 12:37 AM, Downtown Baby Doll said:

Anyone going to see them on tour? I got a ticket for their Chicago show but damn those prices were offensive

yes! i got tickets for their show in bucharest

On 12/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, weinendersoldat said:

God I really want to see them 

I saw them in 2017 and it was probably my favorite concert ever when it comes to atmosphere and vibes. It was at an outdoor venue and everyone was just dancing and so happy. They sounded great too. They're not my #1 favorite band ever (definitely in my top 10 though) but something about that concert was just so fun.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

OK PEOPLE, I JUST FOUND OUT THERE ARE 7” SINGLES FOR GERMANY - COMING BUNDLED WITH MUSIKEXPRESS & ROLLING STONE THAT I’VE SEEN.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?

THE MUSIKEXPRESS COMES WITH GHOSTS AGAIN / ETCHING WITH A BLACK COVER & ROLLING STONE IS A WHITE COVER, GHOSTS AGAIN / NEVER LET ME DOWN AGAIN!

IMG-3521.jpg