Elle

2021 Lipsters Awards - January 22nd @ 4:30pm ET

51761027159_be96924f1c_z.jpg

Well everyone, it's that time of year again! Our annual Lipsters Awards is our site's own awards ceremony where we all come together to honour the best of the best (and the worst of the worst.)

Morning Preparations: page 33

Red Carpet: page 53

Awards Ceremony: page 68 

After Party: page 93

51759547117_491b2ac3a2_o.png

Though we’ve been without our infamous “Time Online” tracker for awhile, I’m sure you all can recognize who our most recent visitors are! The Most Active award will be bestowed upon the member that frequently blesses us with their posts. Also thanks for boosting our AdSense revenue xx

Winner: @Surf Noir
Runner Up: @YourGirl666

Other nominees: @Alison by Slowdive, @Pineapple B00ST, @Super Movie

51760617118_6ebf1a1561_o.png

Sometimes a thought isn’t worth a thread post, and that’s okay! The recipient of the Status Updater award is the one who makes the best use out of our Status Update feature to let us know their thoughts for the day, their favourite new tunes, their drunken rambles, and the like.

Winner: @Mer

Runner Up: @Alison by Slowdive

Other nominees: @May, @Pineapple B00ST, @Super Movie

51761027204_a42d9ce1dc_o.png

Whether it be a Lana pun, an iconic song title, or just a pure imaginative name, we all have that one member whose name makes us smile, and the Best Username award is for that special someone.

Winner: @LanasLeftCheekFiller

Runner Up: @takeitdoen

Other nominees: @daddyauerbach, @IanadeIrey, @Mash Tragic

51760377676_9dc3a9d18a_o.png

For Worst Username... well.. we will just assume your first option was taken.

Winner: @Jack Antonoff is a God

Runner Up: @LanasLeftCheekFiller

Other nominees: @arcadialovesong2018, @lanasbottom, @Lentilus Dealer Hoe

51759547102_eef67f1ae9_o.png

The Best Taste award is to honour the member who embodies the embodiment of true taste. That shining strawberry in the fruit salad, the Black Cherry in White Claw variety pack, that beautiful shiitake mushroom in the stir-fry. Let’s discuss this – they’re disgusting, you’re delicious.

Winner: @Surf Noir

Runner Up: @IanadeIrey

Other nominees: @Alison by Slowdive, @PatentLeatherDoOver, @Super Movie

51761027109_c87b8f8be8_o.png

Well, you can’t agree with everyone. Opposite from our previous award, the Worst Taste award is for the one whose opinions are the moldy cantaloupe in the fruit salad, the picked-over Natural Lime in the White Claw variety pack, the shriveled up cabbage in the stir-fry. We’re sorry, but we still love you anyway.

Winner: @Terrence Loves Me

Runner Up: @Jack Antonoff is a God

Other nominees: @baddisease, @lustforlife, @The Siren

51761027039_6a9aa0b5e4_o.png

This award is reserved for our little America’s Sweetheart, the ray of sunshine in every thread who always keeps it sugary sweet. Let’s show our appreciation for those who make LanaBoards an enjoyable place to be with the Nicest Member award.

Winner: @IanadeIrey

Runner Up: @Elle

Other nominees: @Alison by Slowdive, @PatentLeatherDoOver, @Surf Noir

51760617018_3b9fb7fa99_o.png

No negativity on this site, thank u. But it happens sometimes. This award is for our feisty kitten who has no shame in digging their claws in every now and then. Take your Rudest Member award and then maybe chill out.

Winner: @lustforlife

Runner Up: @lanasbottom

Other nominees: @Deadly Cruel Girl, @Rorman Nockwell, @TrashMagiq

51760377626_0c9a87c771_o.png

Old is gold. This award is to honour our member who has continued to come back year after year despite the madness, the one who has become truly ingrained within LanaBoards culture. Give a salute as we honour our favourite LanaBoards veteran with the Veteran Member award.

(Note: Only accounts who have joined before August 2016 are eligible for this award)

Winner: @Elle

Runner Up: @Trash Magic

Other nominees: @Creyk, @Hundred Dollar Bill, @YUNGATA

51760617033_8c1986f66e_o.png

As our memberbase has expanded by over 40% in the past year, it’s only right we honour those who are new members to our community! The Best New Member award is for our favourite new face, who thankfully hasn’t been scared away yet. We hope you stick around.

(Note: Only accounts who have joined after August 2020 are eligible for this award)

Winner: @honeybadger

Runner Up: @COCC

Other nominees: @Alison by Slowdive, @BluebirdXO, @Gravitate

51760617038_7e17691230_o.png

Everybody loves an underdog. The Underrated Member award is for the member who you feel doesn’t get enough credit around here, and deserves to be celebrated.

Winner: @Hydroponic Weeds

Runner Up: @boom like that

Other nominees: @drugmunny, @rightofjupiter, @stupidapartmentcomplex

51761240950_ec06126db0_o.png

Though I resent this award each year, at this point it has become tradition. The Best Banned Member award is to honour someone who is no longer here with us due to their own naughtiness. Perhaps a legend in their own right, pour out a drink for our fallen sisters with this award.

Winner: @arcadialovesong2018

Other nominees: @13bitches, @DeluluKing (disqualified), @isthismelancholia

51761027124_747e9587e3_o.png

The Most Missed Sis award is for someone who isn't necessarily a banned member, but for one who hasn't been around for awhile. Who do you miss seeing? Who do you want to have their comeback era? Let them know through this award. (Don’t let user May gaslight you into thinking they’re dead though.)

Winner: @electra

Runner Up: @stupidapartmentcomplex

Other nominees: @ArtDecoDelRey, @salvatore, @Sitar

51760616918_fe1b2a3789_o.png

Whether it be because of their huge Lana collection, their knowledge of Lana’s life history, their frequency at live shows, or just their general massive appreciation for Lana, the Biggest Stan award will honour the true ride or die (bitch.)

Runner Up: @Surf Noir

Other nominees: @IanadeIrey, @That Venice Bitch, @gatadelrey

51761027014_ec934d0518_o.png

“When will people be over her? I am a Hater.” Although this is a whole forum dedicated to Lana herself, we do have those members who give her a hard time, and that’s why I cross my fingers that Lana doesn’t visit here too often. Although I don’t endorse the hatred, perhaps the Biggest Lana Hater award can give a little hint-hint nudge-nudge to ease off… or just add more fuel to the fire.

Winner: @Rorman Nockwell

Runner Up: @lanasbottom

Other nominees: @Deadly Cruel Girl, @shady, @TrashMagiq

51760617088_8c0cc5ffc7_o.png

Again, although this is a Lana forum, we have plenty of members who are here solely for our entertainment section. Ten years in, and the Charli XCX thread is still the largest thread on the site. So, who’s your favourite Angel? Your favourite Crybaby? Your favourite Diamond? Your favourite Cathy? The Hybrid Fan award is our special thanks to a member who continues to visit, even if Lana isn’t their primary reason for their stay. Everyone is welcome a seat at the table.

Winner: @TrashMagiq

Runner Up: @the ocean

Other nominees: @Elle, @EXODUS, @Veinsineon

51760617103_326d2fa6bc_o.png

Also known as the Big Eyes or the Norman Fucking Rockwell award, the Best Artist award honours our true artists – whether it be for their physical or digital art, we truly have so much talent here. (I will also being taking note of the nominees for future help with site design materials. As you can tell, I couldn’t find anyone to help me for this year’s Lipsters’ graphics and had to scramble it all together myself last minute. Graphic design is my passion xx)

Winner: @TrashMagiq

Runner Up: @kallumlavigne

Other nominees: @cherri, @Cherry Blossom, @Trash Magic

51761027029_1b1635d4a1_o.png

We have talent of all kinds here, including those who are masters of audio art! Whose remixes have tricked you into believing a demo of a Lana song leaked on the site that shall not be named? Who do you wish will be Lana’s next core producer? Let them know with the Best Audio Artist award.

Winner: @plastiscguy

Runner Up: @bigspender

Other nominees: @Actor, @Glitter Boy, @takeitdoen

51759546967_446fddec2f_o.png

It’s no doubt that LanaBoards can be a war zone, and this award is for the member who always tries to keep the peace. Whether it be a moderator or an unofficial officer, let’s honour the member who walks into the depth of the fire to put out the flames with the Peace Keeper award. I’ll also be taking note of these nominees as possible future mods, or those mods who deserve an extra pat on the back. Appreciate ya.

Winner: @Clampigirl

Runner Up: @Niko Dealergo

Other nominees: @Elle, @IanadeIrey, @takeitdoen

51760377536_39d2b857c5_o.png

The Attention Whore award is to give a gentle nudge that this place is in fact LanaBoards, not ____Boards. No disrespect here, just honesty.

Runner Up: @May

Other nominees: @arcadialovesong2018, @Pineapple B00ST, @YourGirl666

51760377496_242c0c2333_o.png

If LanaBoards had a dating app, who would be your super like? Who has you drooling in the Pictures of You thread? The Be My Daddy Award - for Hottest Member is to honour the hottest of the hot, whether you’re a daddy, mommy, or sexy enby.

Runner Up: @Venice

Other nominees: @Mer@PatentLeatherDoOver, @your dealer

51761240895_0d293456bd_b.jpg

The Self-Loathing Poet Award - for Best Blogger was nixed for last year’s awards, but I’m bringing it back because when I updated the site last year I had to pay an extra $75 to renew this feature so you bet damn well I’m going to award those who actually make use of it, and perhaps encourage people to use it more frequently in this upcoming year. 

Runner Up: @the ocean

Other nominees: @Leader of The Pack, @Mer, @The Siren

51760377551_981fb63952_o.png

Whether it be someone who has a meltdown over every single Lana notification or just simply cannot hold themselves back from falling apart all over the boards, the Queen of Disaster Award - for Drama Queen is for them. A little extra dramatics never hurt anyone. Most of the time.

Winner: @arcadialovesong2018

Runner Up: @lustforlife

Other nominees: @lanaswildflowers, @Rorman Nockwell, @YourGirl666

51761240820_ffe7a0de63_o.png

Which member’s posts give you continuous war flashbacks, the same kind of feeling you get whenever you see a picture of a typewritten message posted on IG? The Q.F.T.C Award - for Most Problematic Member is for them, and I hope their own QFTC proclamation awaits.

Runner Up: @arcadialovesong2018

Other nominees: @lanasbottom, @May, @YourGirl666

51761240900_3eec0a2f18_o.png

This award has been given a new title inspired by our infamous mod queues! Perhaps this is a member who is no stranger to the mod queue or one that maybe you think deserves one to have their unhinged posts moderated before public view. (Disclaimer that the winner of the Mod Queue Award - for Most Annoying Member award will not actually receive mod queue for it lol. At least not yet anyway.)

Runner Up: @arcadialovesong2018

Other nominees: @DeluluKing, @May, @YourGirl666

51761027119_5e2a88849a_o.png

Even after trudging through the chaos that was 2020, 2021 did also not disappoint when it came to drama. Whether it be site-related drama or Lana-related drama, there is never a dry day in the Lana Fandom. The Drama of the Year award is for the little extra spice within the fandom that took the cake this year. 

Note: Please only nominate drama related to Lana or LanaBoards. Do not nominate any off-site drama, even if it involved our members.

Winner: Chemtrails Over the Country Club album cover reveal

Runner Up: Fake insiders, notably @lustforlife

Other nominees: Fake leaks / snippets, LanaBoards Fights Thread created by @arcadialovesong2018Lana Del Rey deactivating her social media accounts

51761027134_5821da8598_o.png

Every year, there is always one certain thread that gives us that lust for life that keeps this site alive. The Thread of the Year award is to honour that thread and all the chaos and wonderfulness that ensued within it. We wouldn’t be without it.

Winner: Unidentified Flying Bill - Pre-Leak Thread

Runner Up: Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread

Other nominees: Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release ThreadFat cock Santa grants you a Lana wishThe Pine Tree Thread

51759547047_cb8b9c332d_o.png

Although I refuse to fully acknowledge that leaks are a huge part of LanaBoards culture, it’s true that we wouldn’t be without them either. Which locked away masterpiece that broke away from its chains wowed you this year? Whether it be a song we had been counting down the days for or a complete surprise, it’s only right that we honour these previously hidden gems with the Leak of the Year award. *Please nominate up to 5 of your favourite Lana songs that were leaked this year. The top 5 will continue to the next voting round.*

Winner: Unidentified Flying Bill

Runner Up:If I Die Young (On & On & On)

Other nominees: French RestaurantWild OneYes to Heaven (Version 4)

Eligible songs:

Spoiler

4th of July

Ave Maria

Bellevue

Daddy’s Girl

Diet Mtn Dew Baby

French Restaurant

If I Die Young (On & On & On)

Spin Me Round

Unidentified Flying Bill

Wild One

Beautiful (Demo)

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (Demo 2)

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems (Demo 3)

Big Eyes (Demo)

Born to Die (Demo 3)

Damn You (Alternate Final)

Doin’ Time (Early Mix)

Music to Watch Boys to (Radio Mix)

Roll With Me (On the Radio) [Demo]

Trash Magic (Demo 2)

Yes to Heaven (Version 4)

51760617073_9f4f3904dd_o.png

Another new award! As Lana has blessed us with two complete records this year, I thought it would be appropriate to award our favourite song among the 26 she released this year with the Song of the Year award. *Please nominate up to 5 of your favourite Lana songs that were released this year. The top 5 will continue to the next voting round*

Winner: Black Bathing Suit

Runner Up: White Dress

Other nominees: Chemtrails Over the Country ClubDealerYosemite

Eligible songs:

Spoiler

White Dress

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Tulsa Jesus Freak

Let Me Love You Like a Woman

Wild at Heart

Dark But Just a Game

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Yosemite

Breaking Up Slowly

Dance Till We Die

For Free

Text Book

Blue Banisters

Arcadia

The Trio

Black Bathing Suit

If You Lie Down With Me

Beautiful

Violets for Roses

Dealer

Thunder

Wildflower Wildfire

Nectar of the Gods

Living Legend

Cherry Blossom

Sweet Carolina

51760377616_9c07b21ee0_o.png

This award is for our true living legend. Who truly made LanaBoards what it was this year? Let us bestow our honour upon this sacred member through our most coveted award we can offer - the Lipster of the Year award. We'll be painting our banisters green & grey for you.

Winner: @Surf Noir

Runner Up: @IanadeIrey

Other nominees: @Elle, @Super Movie, @TrashMagiq

Edited by Elle
Winners added x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, annedauphine said:

Whoever designed these titles has my nomination for all the positive awards omg they look amazing

Omg thank u typography queen I literally scrapped this together last night because I couldn't find anyone else to help me LOOOL. I'm glad u like it, I feel validated xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Elle said:

Omg thank u typography queen I literally scrapped this together last night because I couldn't find anyone else to help me LOOOL. I'm glad u like it, I feel validated xx

Siiiiisss if I can help next time or for anything really I'd be so happy to do so!! I'm sorry I wasn't here for literally most of the year haha but I'm always on insta anyway :D 

ZKcaooE.png

11 minutes ago, Elle said:

Also known as the Big Eyes or the Norman Fucking Rockwell award, the Best Artist award honours our true artists – whether it be for their physical or digital art, we truly have so much talent here. (I will also being taking note of the nominees for future help with site design materials. As you can tell, I couldn’t find anyone to help me for this year’s Lipsters’ graphics and had to scramble it all together myself last minute. Graphic design is my passion xx)

any nomination other than Kallum gets their entire vote entry disqualified xx

2 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

ok but what about miss @Trash Magic or miss @annedauphine

love kallum’s work too but the east side and aka covers have been in my itunes since they were created and they deserve to be acknowledged :true:

while i do appreciate their works, i am a Kallum slut whit2 

also #JusticeforDeluluKing :trisha:

3 minutes ago, The Ocean said:

ok but what about miss @Trash Magic or miss @annedauphine

love kallum’s work too but the east side and aka covers have been in my itunes since they were created and they deserve to be acknowledged :true:

:defeated:I really appreciate this thank you, though I don't think I've been worthy of this this year. Seeing what I'm preparing though, next year the award shall be mine :crai:

ZKcaooE.png

Me taking home every award 

200.gif 

In all seriousness, though, this is so exciting! I'm really happy I'll be participating this year and I think it's going to be a lot of fun :wub: 

imageproxy.jpg