comeintomybedroom

M.I.A.

Come Walk With Me is one of the best songs of the year but the album isn't as good as Maya :/

i agree tbh, its another Kala situation, some of her best material is on both of these albums but the other tracks just arent that good 

Kala >Maya>Matangi>Arular

as a body of work I think Maya and Kala are perfection. But Matangi holds incredible tunes that make me like it more than Arular

PS: This thread is a cult of 4 with a few visitors LOL

Edited by Viva

glgcDdT.gif

PS: This thread is a cult of 4 with a few visitors LOL

lmao yeah, you guys are the only MIA fans that i like tbh, nearly everyone else ive encountered were pretentious little fucks 

Arular>Matangi>Kala>Maya

Its like going to a sweet store. So hard to chose LOl..what to eat. Good for Maya tho until now IMO is a matter of choosing what is better from a incredible good body of work as a whole. That women does no wrong is amusing

glgcDdT.gif

Its like going to a sweet store. So hard to chose LOl..what to eat. Good for Maya tho until now IMO is a matter of choosing what is better from a incredible good body of work as a whole. That women does no wrong is amusing

Maya is just such a different album out of the four. I really don't want to compare it to the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSSw5SwF8mI

she starts out a little rough, but the second and third verses sounded so good :crying2:

I saw that and almost had an orgasm. Her clothes, the song and that symbol behind her makes a incredible visual. And its only her nothing much more going on. King of visual art tbh.

@@Heaux I think the lights on that symbol are actually Christmas wink wink lights. I once did a found raiser that was a party and one of my friends his dad builds scenarium for stages and he did one background for us with christmas lights and those shower bath plastic walls and looked amazing with the lights off in the party. Around the will I guess are those wink wink thing. The visual with half lights are incredible. Whatever is she is wearing also fits realy well the visual

Did u find any radio interview? I looked for it and found any (new one I mean). Maybe Interscope is keeping her in a short leash? Only talk shows with 10 min interviews and mambo questions so she doesnt say anything that would bring controversy?? Or is Maya getting soft?

glgcDdT.gif

I saw that and almost had an orgasm. Her clothes, the song and that symbol behind her makes a incredible visual. And its only her nothing much more going on. King of visual art tbh.

@@Heaux I think the lights on that symbol are actually Christmas wink wink lights. I once did a found raiser that was a party and one of my friends his dad builds scenarium for stages and he did one background for us with christmas lights and those shower bath plastic walls and looked amazing with the lights off in the party. Around the will I guess are those wink wink thing. The visual with half lights are incredible. Whatever is she is wearing also fits realy well the visual

Did u find any radio interview? I looked for it and found any (new one I mean). Maybe Interscope is keeping her in a short leash? Only talk shows with 10 min interviews and mambo questions so she doesnt say anything that would bring controversy?? Or is Maya getting soft?

she cant afford anymore court cases lmao

I really like when she works with Rye Rye. Rye Rye in general is pretty good. The 5 collabs between them are all really good songs.

yeah, i really like her work. its a shame we dont have any good Santigold collabs :poordat:

That'd be sick. Although idk who Cherry is.

Cherry was Mayas backup dancer and singer for like 6 years, tbh she really held up Mayas performances, made her sound a lot less shit, but i guess she doesnt need her anymore..

lmao tumblr_mwgt7x9Zf21rdwtu9o1_500.png

i guess shes referring to the weird dark greens faces that keep popping up during the video, i had assumed that she had edited the video but i guess not..

Cherry was Mayas backup dancer and singer for like 6 years, tbh she really held up Mayas performances, made her sound a lot less shit, but i guess she doesnt need her anymore..

lmao tumblr_mwgt7x9Zf21rdwtu9o1_500.png

i guess shes referring to the weird dark greens faces that keep popping up during the video, i had assumed that she had edited the video but i guess not..

Cherry was so good. I guess she wanted out from what I read somewhere. I never really understood how Maya ended up in Interscope. Makes no sense LOL. Anyway since we are talking about Santigold is always good to remember this little piece of masterpiece. Those monkeys and african drums in the background plus the African war screams give a very distinctive vibe to the song. Me loves it

glgcDdT.gif

Cherry was so good. I guess she wanted out from what I read somewhere. I never really understood how Maya ended up in Interscope. Makes no sense LOL. Anyway since we are talking about Santigold is always good to remember this little piece of masterpiece. Those monkeys and african drums in the background plus the African war screams give a very distinctive vibe to the song. Me loves it

I've never been a fan of Cherry. I personally believe she's been a bad contributor to Mayas live performances, including the festival gig I went to. I also think her yelling and screaming can easily be replaced by someone else, here by saying I don't think she's essential for Mayas performances. Since I prefer Rosaly over Cherry, so I was happy to learn that Rosaly have joined several of Mayas gigs this year. I hope she gets to stay!  :flutter:

Speaking of "Get It Up", it's an incredible track. I think the production is flawed, as the african chanting gets a bit too much for me at certain points. However,  It's epic how the intro to Mayas verse (Get it up, you can get it up), is an intense build-up to a brilliant verse. Both M.I.A. and Santigold delivers.