the ocean

paris texas / the ocean's Cover Art + Graphics

12 hours ago, the ocean said:

honestly the Impact font looks kinda better... your mind (also made a white text version because why the hell not)

fpyiw08.jpgDNaimjD.jpg

now she looks KUNT. Tysm :fabcat:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

so k-pop girl group LOONA (one of my faves, they were also the group that got me into k-pop) are basically imploding or at least very much are on the road to imploding so i've been in my feelings revisiting their discography and stuff and i spent my entire night for about... 5-ish hours :flop: remaking most of their covers

extra context:

Spoiler

basically in the beginning of their career they had a very minimalist type aesthetic (see below) and that minimalist aesthetic was replicated on the physical releases as well

Heejincove-1.jpgHyunjin cover.jpg

then in mid 2017, they switched the digital artworks to a more contemporary, current streaming feel (see below) but the physical artworks kept the original minimalist aesthetic

(Loona EP).jpgXX (Loona EP).jpg

and then in mid-2021 they basically throwing shit at the wall to see what would stick (and that was probably foreshadowing to what is happening now :toofunny:)

to get to the point, i remade all of their cover art in the style of the original aesthetic first shown (the first 5 look pretty identical to the digital artwork but they were redone from scratch)

here's a collage of all 25 covers i've made - i'll eventually upload them individually soon (and maybe upload more with that batch) but for now here's this yogurt-smoothie.gif

15mTm4D.jpg

i took some creative liberties with the post-2020 ones because there wasn't really a physical album version to base it off of but i like how they turned out :ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

reorganizing my lana stuff and i made some new cover art for the new stuff :ma:

the 239423904th cover i've made of sirens and hopefully the last one - i really like this one

5p2NIB4.png

cover for a miscellaneous unreleased compilation of 2012-2015 tracks i call "melancholia" (stuff that i don't feel fits with the designated paradise, ultraviolence & honeymoon outtakes)

YH0d0cc.png

and lastly the cover for my chemtrails & blue banisters rearranged album "rock candy sweet" (and also just a good cover for RCS in general)

c4E22mF.png

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 11/28/2022 at 1:53 AM, the ocean said:

so k-pop girl group LOONA (one of my faves, they were also the group that got me into k-pop) are basically imploding or at least very much are on the road to imploding so i've been in my feelings revisiting their discography and stuff and i spent my entire night for about... 5-ish hours :flop: remaking most of their covers

extra context:

Reveal hidden contents

basically in the beginning of their career they had a very minimalist type aesthetic (see below) and that minimalist aesthetic was replicated on the physical releases as well

Heejincove-1.jpgHyunjin cover.jpg

then in mid 2017, they switched the digital artworks to a more contemporary, current streaming feel (see below) but the physical artworks kept the original minimalist aesthetic

(Loona EP).jpgXX (Loona EP).jpg

and then in mid-2021 they basically throwing shit at the wall to see what would stick (and that was probably foreshadowing to what is happening now :toofunny:)

to get to the point, i remade all of their cover art in the style of the original aesthetic first shown (the first 5 look pretty identical to the digital artwork but they were redone from scratch)

here's a collage of all 25 covers i've made - i'll eventually upload them individually soon (and maybe upload more with that batch) but for now here's this yogurt-smoothie.gif

15mTm4D.jpg

i took some creative liberties with the post-2020 ones because there wasn't really a physical album version to base it off of but i like how they turned out :ma:

these are everything esp the luminous one too bad its their literal worst release

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7