drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

Well, it's official...

She's covering a track called 'Buddy's Rendevous' from the deluxe version of his latest album Chloe and the Next 20th Century out in April.

"two bonus 7” singles featuring covers of Chloë and the Next 20th Century songs, performed by Lana Del Rey (“Buddy’s Rendezvous”) and Jack Cruz (“Kiss Me (I Loved You)”).

FJM_Chloe_BoxMockUp_1080x.jpg?v=16407933

BzhmW.png

this better be available for fucking streaming. regardless, i'm buying this bundle and maybe 2 copies oop :uh:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I’m interested to see what it sounds like! Do we think this is related to the February release we’re supposed to be getting?

edit: Like..could this be a possible single release before the record? It would be an odd choice on FJM’s part, but I’m here for it lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

it says it's coming out in april? unless i'm mistaken

They meant we got the news the same day the nominations are out akskdjdj

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Apparently Buddy’s Rendezvous is also a pizza place in Detroit?? Probably unrelated but an interesting thought lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Anyways, I truly don't know what to expect, I only know a few songs by FJM but I like what I heard :um2: don't know if he's going on another direction, as most of his songs I heard were very folk-ish...

but still very excited :trisha: I hope it's something more rock-inspired, cause I low-key want something more innovative :um2:

Sjkjkf not the site saying the release date is April 8th, 2021... I too have also been struggling to adjust the fact it's a new year. It also looks like the cover will be released exclusively on the 7in vinyl included in the box set and not digitally, so make sure to order your copies, Lipsters!

I also adjusted the title of this thread to give a bit more info! & may I also remind you all of this again... maybe they filmed a video for her cover? x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Anyways, I truly don't know what to expect, I only know a few songs by FJM but I like what I heard :um2: don't know if he's going on another direction, as most of his songs I heard were very folk-ish...

but still very excited :trisha: I hope it's something more rock-inspired, cause I low-key want something more innovative :um2:

This is the first single if you want to check it out 

Just now, Nectar said:

STRINGS?! RETRO SULTRY JAZZY SOUND? :oprah4: THE RETURN OF THE LANA DEL REY! :oprah4:

5 minutes ago, Elle said:

Sjkjkf not the site saying the release date is April 8th, 2021... I too have also been struggling to adjust the fact it's a new year. It also looks like the cover will be released exclusively on the 7in vinyl included in the box set and not digitally, so make sure to order your copies, Lipsters!

I also adjusted the title of this thread to give a bit more info! & may I also remind you all of this again... maybe they filmed a video for her cover? x

this means someone's gonna end up having a digital copy SOMEWHERE of her version. it might only be vinyl exclusive, but even a vinyl rip. i just need it to be added to my itunes so whichever works. i'll end up paying for the box set so nobody come for me saying i'm asking for illegal dl links 

3 minutes ago, Nectar said:

i've been waiting for his cinematic return ugh yes

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

this means someone's gonna end up having a digital copy SOMEWHERE of her version. it might only be vinyl exclusive, but even a vinyl rip. i just need it to be added to my itunes so whichever works. i'll end up paying for the box set so nobody come for me saying i'm asking for illegal dl links 

:wat: No illegal dl links on LanaBoards.com! Would hate to see an Underrated Member nominee be nominated for Best Banned Member instead at next year's Lipsters :nono:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

:wat: No illegal dl links on LanaBoards.com! Would hate to see an Underrated Member nominee be nominated for Best Banned Member instead at next year's Lipsters :nono:

NOT YOU COMING FOR ME ELLE :air2:

giphy.gif