drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

I can't explain it, but the LQ version of it that we have feels strangely atmospheric. It makes me feel like I'm at the end of a movie from the 70s or something. I really love this cover :xcry:

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I can't explain it, but the LQ version of it that we have feels strangely atmospheric. It makes me feel like I'm at the end of a movie from the 70s or something. I really love this cover :xcry:

I don't think the version I have is the LQ version. Yesterday, yes, this morning, no. Things happened overnight. 

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Don’t kill me guys but I think this might one of my favorite Lana songs ever?

:xcry:

Why not? It's in the broad style of 'Yayo,' Wait For Life,' and 'Terrence Loves You,' three of her best.  

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I don't think the version I have is the LQ version. Yesterday, yes, this morning, no. Things happened overnight. 

Did things happen you-know-where? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Why not? It's in the broad style of 'Yayo,' Wait For Life,' and 'Terrence Loves You,' three of her best.  

Absolutely. This is absolutely mesmerizing. It’s Honeymoon but with the rusty, somber wisdom of the Lana post-Norman. 

IMG-7960.jpg

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Did things happen you-know-where? 

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I'd say so. 

:eartha2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Absolutely. This is absolutely mesmerizing. It’s Honeymoon but with the rusty, somber wisdom of the Lana post-Norman. 

You've expressed that perfectly. The sense of sadness, trouble, and even a hint of doom is mesmerizing. I'm always drawn to artists who express all facets of life, not just the happy, sunlit, upbeat moments. Lana touches on everything, ignores nothing. 

7 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I'm not aware of any non-LQ version. Maybe it's being sent around privately.

Yeah, I've not not searched and... Nothing :judgingu:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

When she says “We’ll I’ll be goddamn” it makes all the happy chemicals in my brain start firing off. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Just now, whitelungswhitepalms said:

FThe way she sings the second verse like a conversation FUCK I love her voice so muchhhhhhhhhhhh

It literally gives me butterflies. I overreact to new songs often but this one is next level for so many reasons. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

30 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree, I'd say his version is the better of the two, but that doesn't take anything away from Lana's sultry, torch singer-style version.

She uses what I call her 'siren' voice in parts, and we haven't heard that in a while, nor have we heard her doing torch song-style numbers. It makes me realize how great the 'American standards' album really could be, if she tackles some jazz vocal classics and really puts her imprint on them. 

I almost wish they had duetted the song instead. But rather than giving Lana a verse and having her harmonise on the chorus I would have loved a little back and forth between the two. 

3 minutes ago, rural legend said:

I almost wish they had duetted the song instead. But rather than giving Lana a verse and having her harmonise on the chorus I would have loved a little back and forth between the two. 

I agree, that would have been amazing, and add to the poignancy of the lyrics. I'd love to see them do an actual collaboration together.