drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

I like his version more. Pls don't kill me.:toofloppy:
Maybe it's just the result of having too many songs from Lana in the past year. I honestly for the first time ever want her to give us some time to breathe.
I didn't find his thread on this forum so I'm gonna say here that album is amazing. Love the old movie soundtrack vibes.
You need to listen to the title track asap. His best song. I wasn't ready.

14 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

ew did you just disrespect jesus FJM girl don't make me start drama in here :bye3:

your entitled to your wrong opinion, that's fine :ma::oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

16 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

I know Lana has a history with Jonathan Wilson :awk: But I'd love to see him produce something for her in the future, cause this song is so ethereal 

Do they having a history other than the song Living With Myself? Your post makes me feel like I’ve missed something… :eek3: but I really love his music a lot. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

35 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

You've expressed that perfectly. The sense of sadness, trouble, and even a hint of doom is mesmerizing. I'm always drawn to artists who express all facets of life, not just the happy, sunlit, upbeat moments. Lana touches on everything, ignores nothing. 

Exactly! This is clearly written with the point of view of an ex-convict talking to his estranged daughter who he hasn’t seen since he got arrested but simultaneously it’s like Lana is talking to a younger, more innocent version of herself. 

The bridges between the two are astounding. I love her sfm.

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Exactly! This is clearly written with the point of view of an ex-convict talking to his estranged daughter who he hasn’t seen since he got arrested.

Oh? I didn't know this, but it makes so much sense! Thank you!

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

11 minutes ago, MagicalTrancePotion said:

Do they having a history other than the song Living With Myself? Your post makes me feel like I’ve missed something… :eek3: but I really love his music a lot. 

Mariners is about him. i dont remember if hes also the guy in NFR?

image.png

For me the cover is perfect as it is: the saxophon intro, Lana's main part, the change between her normal voice and lower register, the last part with FJM in the background.

It's so pleasing to the ears, I can even in lq listen to it on continuous loop for hours. :hair:

9 minutes ago, MagicalTrancePotion said:

I believe they dated briefly sometime between HM and LFL, and she was the inspo behind his song Mulholland Queen & Hard to Get Over 

Also rumored that NFR (song) is about him, but that seems way more speculative 

13 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Exactly! This is clearly written with the point of view of an ex-convict talking to his estranged daughter who he hasn’t seen since he got arrested but simultaneously it’s like Lana is talking to a younger, more innocent version of herself. 

The bridges between the two are astounding. I love her sfm.

You know, it's sort of like listening to Yma Sumac sing in Quechua on 'Voice of the Xtabay,' I have no actual idea what she's saying, but the feeling, the drama, the intensity is easy to understand emotionally, and respond and relate to, as millions did in her heyday. Or when, for example, Tori Amos would sing nonsense lyrics like "Tuna Rubber A little blubber in my igloo" in a song about a friend's suicide, but it doesn't matter, the sadness, the emotional meaning, comes through. 

So here, yes, whether the song makes strict lyrical sense with Lana singing it doesn't matter, what is necessary is present, and everyone can feel it and understand it emotionally. 

5 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

I believe they dated briefly sometime between HM and LFL, and she was the inspo behind his song Mulholland Queen & Hard to Get Over 

Also rumored that NFR (song) is about him, but that seems way more speculative 

And he looks like Barrie-James, so it all makes sense. 

26 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

your entitled to your wrong opinion, that's fine :ma::oprah3:

i mean, you're entitled to your lack of taste as well but yikes :usrsney:

at least i have ears :xgiggle:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

is that a dance moms quote? :dua:

It definitely is, I know a Dr. Holly quote when I see one :true:

imageproxy.jpg

Lana covering a song that includes lyrics such as ''Forget that lefty shit your mom drilled in your mind'' is so on-brand.

It has some nice moments, but overall it's pretty uneven. 

I love this song and Lana’s rendition so much. It was just written for her, and I love to hear her dip back into her mid-lower register again. The production is GORGEOUS and feels like a natural maturation in sound at this point of her career, while containing sonic flashes from UV and HM’s use of saxophone. I really would love for her to flesh out this sound in a full-length project. Just beautiful all around <3