drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

52 minutes ago, BoardingSchool said:

This may be upthread, but I only just read it: "at a recent FJM concert he introduced Buddy's Rendezvous as about 'a guy who gets out of prison, and goes to a deli to meet his daughter, and has some shitty advice.'" So the speaker is bashing his daughter's mom (his ex) by saying she taught their daughter "lefty shit." But it's bad advice...a character speaking, not FJM himself.

But then I thought about how, when Lana sings it, if the speaker is talking to her daughter then she IS the mom, so she's saying "forget all the shit I told you." And then I started crying. :icant:  :suicide:

:wowcry:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

so nobody... not a single person... even the FJM stans... that bought the vinyl have access to the equipment to rip it in HQ :toofunny: like its been almost a week 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

3 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

so nobody... not a single person... even the FJM stans... that bought the vinyl have access to the equipment to rip it in HQ :toofunny: like its been almost a week 

Well there is one if you know where to look fYuDe2p.jpg 

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

4 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

i have the equipment

but i don't have the vinyl :toofunny:

if i did i would've done it ages ago

Just now, boom like that said:

Well there is one if you know where to look fYuDe2p.jpg 

it's not hq :toofloppy:

Yeah I love Lana's cover, it's gorgeous and so Honeymoon. but it isn't better than the original. Her last chorus > the original though.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

28 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

there's another vynil exclusive track (w david lynch covering one of the songs) that i don't think has been ripped yet lol so in a sense we're lucky 

48 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

a lot of people don't have the vinyls yet. my record shop i shop at isn't getting it until tomorrow

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The vinyl rip we have is lossless. There won't be any HQ version until the digital file leaks.

Someone can record it with a better record player and do some post processing, but the difference will be minimal.

yeah it's lossless doesn't mean the rip isn't shit :awkney:

it can definitely sound miles better it's just a matter of the record player / needle

6 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

The vinyl rip we have is lossless. There won't be any HQ version until the digital file leaks.

Someone can record it with a better record player and do some post processing, but the difference will be minimal

i own a sony ps lx310bt - it's a decent entry level turntable, but certainly not the best out there

+ the sound card of my computer is just a cheap, built-in one and produced a lot of static noise, so i had to do some serious noise reduction which affected the quality further

so we can certainly get a better rip from someone who actually owns a good setup and knows what hes doing (cuz i sure didnt, it was the first time i did this) and i hope we do

the file is lossless, but thats because it recorded an analogue signal, so its not indicative of great quality, necessarily

image.png

8 hours ago, missamericatrash said:

Does anyone know if there will be a platform streaming this ever?

It’s been discussed before, but if FJM’s team follow the trend, it should be out in a couple of months, when they could cash in on the deluxe editions. Lorde, Halsey and many others did so, this passed fall. 

I love this song so much, it‘s beautiful scarlett.gif

The best parts are:

- So you‘re gonna be a singer, lovely goddamn (the deep voice)

- nnncanIseeyouagain

- forget that leftie shit your mom drilled in your mind

- Give the world a new savior, sell his pictures to the press

- when FJM joins singing

- whatever happened to the girl HAAA KNEeew

- also the part from 0:01 - 4:56 :true:

y'all my record shop held my box set copy so i got it

i also got this album on cassette for $8.99 and he happened to also have the blue vinyl for $30 so i got it too :lange::hair:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 4/12/2022 at 11:13 PM, DCooper said:

I still need to know why she says thew :crying:

She has made weird phrasing and pronunciation choices in the past, like the odd phrasing and emphasis of the word 'parents' in 'Coachella,' and the way she sings "people are powerful beins" in 'Change,' which ruins the song for me. And there's some on COCC too, the album, in NAWWAL, "it wasn't quite what I meaned, if you know what I mean." I'm confident there are other examples on other albums.