drewby

Lana covering "Buddy's Rendezvous" on Father John Misty's new album - OUT: April 8th, 2022

I kind of feel like this is the collab. Even though it’s a cover and not a collab, BOZ said we may have been getting it in February, it’s not unlikely that plans changed and it went from a February release to an April release 

"Don’t forget me"

I'm so excited about this :hype: It's not necessarily the type of collab we (or I) might have been hoping for, but it's super cool nonetheless and I'm looking forward to hearing it 

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

If Lana has writing credits on it we'll be basically getting a new Lana song :smile2:

Unless it's a cover from a known song or whatever cause I'm clueless and couldn't find anything about it 

She’s covering FJM’s song. No clues yet if she helped pen the track, but it seems unlikely. If the song sounds anything like the first single, Funny Girl, it should be an incredible track (à la If You Lie Down With Me)

52 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

having it shipped to US from resident

well i mean some US stores have it in stock for 22$ so its not like you couldnt have gotten it for 50 bucks less :rip: this is a different situation here

image.png

1 hour ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I kind of feel like this is the collab. Even though it’s a cover and not a collab, BOZ said we may have been getting it in February, it’s not unlikely that plans changed and it went from a February release to an April release 

I never read BoZ’s original post about it, I must say, but I remember reading she might release it in February… if it’s true, then she would be the main singer on it… but maybe I just read someone’s interpretation of the post 😅

I'm excited but I think the concept of having someone else to cover a song of your new album in your new album is so weird :bebe:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I'm excited but I think the concept of having someone else to cover a song of your new album in your new album is so weird :bebe:

yeah lmao the male artiste bravado is cute but i hope there's more to it, perhaps lana tells the song's story from another perspective etc

mUENGN9.png

just woke up to this and i wonder if this post was her after all. maybe we will get super lucky and get a video too!

i'm really excited and glad it's being done this way rather than a feature bc the ones we have gotten recently are mad weak. like the secret life / hallucinigenics features where these guys just have her whispering in the background. it's so annoying cause if you're going to have a star like lana del rey on your feature at least USE HER!! Father John knows whats up

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

5 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

just woke up to this and i wonder if this post was her after all. maybe we will get super lucky and get a video too!

I mean, they were filming something, so... :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean, they were filming something, so... :dua:

i wonder if it's from last year, considering the blondie moment. confused tho bc she was brunette when they were filming together..

i guess wigs exist

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da