19 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I don’t know if it’s true or how reliable deuxmoi actually is but there is a rumor about Barbie and the director having a fight about the direction of her character in s2 . He cut many of her lines due to that and gave her less screen time .  That’s why she wasn’t in the trailer or at the premiere .  

wooow i didn't know that. i wish we had more info, i wanna know more lol. but it's so weird bc everyone talks about the director like he was some kind of fairy godmother who is super nice and considerate all the time so this is not in line with that, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

24 minutes ago, Hannus said:

wooow i didn't know that. i wish we had more info, i wanna know more lol. but it's so weird bc everyone talks about the director like he was some kind of fairy godmother who is super nice and considerate all the time so this is not in line with that, but who knows what goes on behind the scenes

Yeah that’s exactly what i thought at first when i read the rumor

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I'm on S2 E1, is it true that Americas mostly play hip hop and R&B at parties? If true, must be boring af... same kind of music the entire time and hip hop usually isn't even that catchy except for classics. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

3 minutes ago, shady said:

I'm on S2 E1, is it true that Americas mostly play hip hop and R&B at parties? If true, must be boring af... same kind of music the entire time and hip hop usually isn't even that catchy except for classics. 

it’s either that or basic edm from 2009 :bebe:

either way it’s very boring :bebe:

there’s lots of great hip hop and r&b that is soulful and catchy it just happens to be the kind that never really takes off :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

there’s lots of great hip hop and r&b that is soulful and catchy it just happens to be the kind that never really takes off :bebe:

Jesus, and there's me who idealized American parties until a couple of years ago. You guys are still lucky to be able to have parties in big houses where people can crash, at least that's what I learned from American media. Houses are smaller in Europe so we can accept only friends and friends of friends. 

Are the characters supposed to be on the poor side except Nate? The houses are so old school like it's from late 20th century. Or it's how the majority of American houses look like but the wealthier are usually represented? Or it's just the aesthetic like Riverdale where characters casually drove 60s cars in the late 2010s?

On 1/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, shady said:

On 1/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, the ocean said:

i feel like if you don’t like hip hop that’s on you… it’s a party staple

44 minutes ago, bff said:

hip hop / r&b can be great party music

just not the kind locals listen to and actually play is what i’m saying

if someone started playing missy elliott or pre-delusion nicki minaj or beyoncé or aaliyah at a party i’d start to bust it down

1 hour ago, shady said:

Are the characters supposed to be on the poor side except Nate? The houses are so old school like it's from late 20th century. Or it's how the majority of American houses look like but the wealthier are usually represented? Or it's just the aesthetic like Riverdale where characters casually drove 60s cars in the late 2010s?

kinda but not really I would say none of the characters seem to be "poor" like for example Rue's family probably has some sort of financial trouble but their house is just very dated like its from the 80s or something; Nate's house looks like something you'd find in a wealthier suburban area but yeah I think its just the characters all living in really dated homes. Also coming from someone who lives in Central Florida and this show takes place in Cali a lot of people live in Florida to live in Florida but the cost of living is so high here that a shit ton of people live in dated housing cause they can't afford to renovate it once they move in :toofunny: like none of the houses stand out as that unrealistic to me (besides Cassie and Lexi they have a two story house but have to share a room??? makes no sense) 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

hip hop / r&b can be great party music

just not the kind locals listen to and actually play is what i’m saying

if someone started playing missy elliott or pre-delusion nicki minaj or beyoncé or aaliyah at a party i’d start to bust it down

I think youre just gay

2 hours ago, littleseashell said:

I'm starting to not like Elliot :bebe:

same he’s so weird… it feels like he’s trying to split up rue & jules, and the way he blew away the drugs Rue left in the bathroom doesn’t sit right with me. it’s almost like he only wants to fuel her addiction. I don’t trust him

3 hours ago, bff said:

Tell me you're an American without telling me you're an American. I've traveled to multiple European countries and nowhere was hip hop a party staple. You're just taught to think like that. 

1 hour ago, pin up galore said:

kinda but not really I would say none of the characters seem to be "poor" like for example Rue's family probably has some sort of financial trouble but their house is just very dated like its from the 80s or something; Nate's house looks like something you'd find in a wealthier suburban area but yeah I think its just the characters all living in really dated homes. Also coming from someone who lives in Central Florida and this show takes place in Cali a lot of people live in Florida to live in Florida but the cost of living is so high here that a shit ton of people live in dated housing cause they can't afford to renovate it once they move in :toofunny: like none of the houses stand out as that unrealistic to me (besides Cassie and Lexi they have a two story house but have to share a room??? makes no sense) 

Damn, that's really realistic and same where I live. People who live in apartments can easily afford to renovate and be fashionable but when it comes to houses you can tell in which decade was built because rarely anyone can afford to renovate the exterior or they don't give a shit. The dated homes are kinda cosy and give character in my opinion, it fits the show so well. I feel like it would been too bland if everyone had the modern white + light/dark wood aesthetic. 

35 minutes ago, shady said:

Tell me you're an American without telling me you're an American. I've traveled to multiple European countries and nowhere was hip hop a party staple. You're just taught to think like that.  

yes… i meant in america… i haven’t been to any european parties. it’s fun and i don’t think you can judge them by what you see on TV. if you can’t twerk just say that!

Just now, bff said:

yes… i meant in america… i haven’t been to any european parties. it’s fun and i don’t think you can judge them by what you see on TV. if you can’t twerk just say that!

what if you have a flat ass :lolliney:

cassie and cal are eating this season up! the dancing scenes made me so emotional. both of them simultaneously reaching their breaking point  :wowcry:
also the cinematography this season is breathtaking like those final scenes wow

74ca7e3413aca12af270ff4e6b829f1c5c348d82

i love you, but you don't understand me.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:54 AM, Deadly Nightshade said:

I don’t know if it’s true or how reliable deuxmoi actually is but there is a rumor about Barbie and the director having a fight about the direction of her character in s2 . He cut many of her lines due to that and gave her less screen time .  That’s why she wasn’t in the trailer or at the premiere .  

i don't think he would actually cut her lines for something like this , i think it's more likely that she was frustrated with how boring and uneventful her storyline is this season + the way he left her whole online dominatrix storyline in the dust + she stated in many interviews how glad she was her character wasn't a stereotypical "fat character unhappy w their body" stereotype in season 1 and now kat is dealing with body dysmorphia etc in season 2 so she was probably upset w the new direction of her character which doesn't make much sense considering how confident the online dominatrix thing made her in season 1 .. like it doesn't rly make sense for me how she went from a confident badass bitch fucking guys at a carnival to super sad about her looks eating chips in her room all day and dressing more conservatively.. so unless something happened with the black screen guy that made her stop the online camming thing and we find out about it later this season sam rly fucked up her character..