On 1/27/2022 at 7:10 AM, shady said:

I'm on S2 E1, is it true that Americas mostly play hip hop and R&B at parties? If true, must be boring af... same kind of music the entire time and hip hop usually isn't even that catchy except for classics. 

depends on the party but when i was in high school the music was usually just boring mumble rap.. in university it's different though because there are less "house parties" (unless it's a frat party) and more going out to clubs with professional DJ's

5 hours ago, shady said:

Are the characters supposed to be on the poor side except Nate? The houses are so old school like it's from late 20th century. Or it's how the majority of American houses look like but the wealthier are usually represented? Or it's just the aesthetic like Riverdale where characters casually drove 60s cars in the late 2010s?

most of them seem middle class besides nate (upper class), and rue, who seems to be lower middle class/working class since she has a single mother who iirc was shown stressed on the phone w an insurance company somewhere in the first season, suze is also a single mom but she can afford lots of good wine and her daughters have a nice room / nice clothes so i'm assuming she's a functioning alcoholic with a good job

ALLEGED LEAKED FINALE SPOILERS

Spoiler

- Lexi and Cassie have a huge fight due to Lexi's play
- Fez couldn't attend Lexi's play cause the police raid his house. Ashtray gets shot and killed.
- Nate admits to having feelings for Jules, they get together.
- Elliot dies.
- Rue gets in trouble with Laurie but Fez refuses to help her.
- Ethan was the black screen Kat was talking to in season one.
- Kat and Ethan get in a car accident. (People are speculating Kat dies)

- Ends on a cliffhanger.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, Vanilla Icy said:

Hide contents

- Fez couldn't attend Lexi's play cause the police raid his house. Ashtray gets shot and killed.
- Elliot dies
- Kat and Ethan get in a car accident.

- Ends on a cliffhanger.

Spoiler

this is awful and i hate it

but i already started hating it with the nate and cal redemption arcs so :oic2:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

Reveal hidden contents

- Elliot dies.

- Ends on a cliffhanger.

lowkey sounds like fan fiction to me... hope im not proven wrong though

1 minute ago, miamigardenclub said:

lowkey sounds like fan fiction to me... hope im not proven wrong though

Spoiler

it's all alleged but the end of the last episode pretty much foreshadowed most of this happening.

45 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

Hide contents

it's all alleged but the end of the last episode pretty much foreshadowed most of this happening.

Insiders/reviewers/critics were sent 7 episodes but no one outside of the production team has seen episode 8. There're lots of theories about the finale based on what will happen in episode 7 but we can only speculate.

Spoiler

I bet Nate will die. Jacob Elordi is kind of like a black sheep on the set. There's a rumour that when Jacob and Zendaya broke up, his true colors showed up. Some actors like Hunter Schafer unfollowed Jacob on IG. People say that he's an opportunist and dated Zendaya only for clout/future acting perspectives. Plus, people speculate that Cassies plot arc was originally supposed to be given to Jules. Which makes sense because neither Zendaya nor Hunter share any scenes with Jacob this season.

There's a lot of drama happening behind the scenes, more than it should be for a show with two seasons. I dont even want to get started on Algee Smith stuff...

D.png

Just now, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Insiders/reviewers/critics were sent 7 episodes but no one outside of the production team has seen episode 8. There're lots of speculations about the finale based on what will happen in episode 7 but we can only speculate.

allegedly :coffee:

Spoiler

sarcasm

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Insiders/reviewers/critics were sent 7 episodes but no one outside of the production team has seen episode 8. There're lots of theories about the finale based on what will happen in episode 7 but we can only speculate.

don't take my word for it but people on reddit were saying this information is from critics but it could very easily be speculated as most of it seems pretty predictable 

6 hours ago, shady said:

Are the characters supposed to be on the poor side except Nate? The houses are so old school like it's from late 20th century. Or it's how the majority of American houses look like but the wealthier are usually represented? Or it's just the aesthetic like Riverdale where characters casually drove 60s cars in the late 2010s?

They just live in normal suburban houses….

2 hours ago, Vanilla Icy said:

Reveal hidden contents

- Elliot dies.

- Ends on a cliffhanger.

Why did I accidentally click this without noticing it's spoilers. I closed it so quickly when I realised :biblio:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

3 hours ago, Vanilla Icy said:

cassie and cal are eating this season up! the dancing scenes made me so emotional. both of them simultaneously reaching their breaking point  :wowcry:
also the cinematography this season is breathtaking like those final scenes wow

74ca7e3413aca12af270ff4e6b829f1c5c348d82

They're the most interesting characters this season. I swear I yawn at everyone else's storyline. The part where Cal came out to his family made me almost late for a dentist appointment. 

3 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i don't think he would actually cut her lines for something like this , i think it's more likely that she was frustrated with how boring and uneventful her storyline is this season + the way he left her whole online dominatrix storyline in the dust + she stated in many interviews how glad she was her character wasn't a stereotypical "fat character unhappy w their body" stereotype in season 1 and now kat is dealing with body dysmorphia etc in season 2 so she was probably upset w the new direction of her character which doesn't make much sense considering how confident the online dominatrix thing made her in season 1 .. like it doesn't rly make sense for me how she went from a confident badass bitch fucking guys at a carnival to super sad about her looks eating chips in her room all day and dressing more conservatively.. so unless something happened with the black screen guy that made her stop the online camming thing and we find out about it later this season sam rly fucked up her character..

I was so weirded out by that. Wasn't she the confident big queen wearing Dollskill and sucking dick to random strangers? Her dominatrix storyline was FUCKED UP but so interesting. I was so looking forward to her character. Why does she suddenly hates herself for no reason? The show provides zero reason for her insecurity. Btw, her frustration in the relationship reminds me of my friend with a slutty past who felt extremely weird in a relationship and wanted to break up for no reason in the first six months. So that part is realistic. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

This last episode was so visually stunning but I feel like... nothing really happened?

Even though Kat was never my fav character in the first season it's frustrating to see them just back off f a character to such a degree. Like her storyline could have gone so much more interestingly. What if she got into some serious shit with one of the guys she was camping with? what if she got a stalker? I feel like the possibilities were endless and instead they put her in this dead-end relationship with Ethan who hasn't had more than two words this whole season either.

The Rue storyline is getting stale too as well unfortunately. I still really love her as a character and am invested in her recovery but episodes like this last one are way to stale for me. She got herself into some REAL deep shit in episode three with the drug selling, and in this episode it isn'y even mentioned at all? I wanted a little bit of fallout from that, you know? I mean I'm sure it's still coming but it's jarring to the viewer to have the main character make such a detrimental decision in one episode and not even mention it in the next...

TOTALLY agree that Cal and especially Cassie are carrying this season on their backs. Maddy and Nate are interesting enough with what they're given but I feel like the writers don't exactly know where to take their relationship from here either. Like, they've already soared so high and crashed so hard... why do we need them back together again? (though Maddy would clearly disagree that they're "back" :thumb:)

Equally, I actually am interested in this Jules/Elliott shit and think they are both super interesting characters (and it's even more interesting that they've become interested in one another) but again I wish they would have them DO. SOMETHING. I swear to god if I have to watch another scene of them in Elliott's room just rolling around and flirting I will lose it. Let's level this storyline up!!! (I realize they robbed a convenient store in this episode and that was fun, but then they followed it up by just dumping their drug-addicted friend on the side of the road all alone at night? wtf was that? not at all in line with that these characters are typically like and really took me out of the scene)

Sorry for the rant but last episode just got under my skin. I have faith the rest of the season will recover though. Sydney is coming for that EMMY ya'll!!

p.s. I also just realized... what happened with the fez and Lexi stuff? They teased us so hard with that then just dropped it. I feel like it will probably play more into the end of the season but still... ok now I'm really done <3

Lmao Kats character seems more distant this season because the actress didn't like where the director was taking her character (possibly Sam was writing something too inappropriate or dark for the actress and she didn't like it), he ended up removing chunks of her from the script I think after. I know the actress who plays Cassie finds some of the nudity in scenes/suggested for her scenes unnecessary.

Spoiler

Cassie puking in the hot tub was peak :godlaugh2:, they're making her a MESS this season. Lexi is annoying imo, clearly observes something is off yet asks the same questions....do something then, instead of dissociating and writing your play 😫. Cal in the most recent episode make me laugh, he said fuck it I'm saying what we're all thinking. His wife really trapped him with a baby 🙄 #allherfault

5 hours ago, Fordham Rd said:

This last episode was so visually stunning but I feel like... nothing really happened?

Even though Kat was never my fav character in the first season it's frustrating to see them just back off f a character to such a degree. Like her storyline could have gone so much more interestingly. What if she got into some serious shit with one of the guys she was camping with? what if she got a stalker? I feel like the possibilities were endless and instead they put her in this dead-end relationship with Ethan who hasn't had more than two words this whole season either.

The Rue storyline is getting stale too as well unfortunately. I still really love her as a character and am invested in her recovery but episodes like this last one are way to stale for me. She got herself into some REAL deep shit in episode three with the drug selling, and in this episode it isn'y even mentioned at all? I wanted a little bit of fallout from that, you know? I mean I'm sure it's still coming but it's jarring to the viewer to have the main character make such a detrimental decision in one episode and not even mention it in the next...

TOTALLY agree that Cal and especially Cassie are carrying this season on their backs. Maddy and Nate are interesting enough with what they're given but I feel like the writers don't exactly know where to take their relationship from here either. Like, they've already soared so high and crashed so hard... why do we need them back together again? (though Maddy would clearly disagree that they're "back" :thumb:)

Equally, I actually am interested in this Jules/Elliott shit and think they are both super interesting characters (and it's even more interesting that they've become interested in one another) but again I wish they would have them DO. SOMETHING. I swear to god if I have to watch another scene of them in Elliott's room just rolling around and flirting I will lose it. Let's level this storyline up!!! (I realize they robbed a convenient store in this episode and that was fun, but then they followed it up by just dumping their drug-addicted friend on the side of the road all alone at night? wtf was that? not at all in line with that these characters are typically like and really took me out of the scene)

Sorry for the rant but last episode just got under my skin. I have faith the rest of the season will recover though. Sydney is coming for that EMMY ya'll!!

p.s. I also just realized... what happened with the fez and Lexi stuff? They teased us so hard with that then just dropped it. I feel like it will probably play more into the end of the season but still... ok now I'm really done <3

Honestly this season is mostly just visually appealing, but the storyline itself is all over the place and things are moving very slowly because they're so focused on the aesthetics lately. I miss the chaos from season one that kept me aching for another episode. I don't think this show will last long tbh. It's lowkey disappointing lately with interesting events taking up 15 minutes out of an hour-ish episode, and the rest is just padded with visuals. They had so much potential after season one :toofunny:. I really hope it does recover though! :ohno:

Kat’s character progression makes sense tbh. It was obvious that last season she was fully just faking confidence and being “in control”, and it probs hit her when that camgirl moment happend where she got freaked out. To me that scene made it clear that she’s just a teen girl faking she’s something she’s not to cope. I do think the style change this season was very sudden but it would be weird if she was still dressing like she did during season 1. Her being in a relationship and being desired by someone for the first time for who she is probs changed stuff.

Her entire storyline this season is so shit tho like she just pops up every now and then talking about how she’s not sure about her relationship.. She did have one of my favorite scenes this season with all the influencers spreading toxic positivity tho. She Delivers every time she gets a minute of screen time lmao. Her “it was hasty” line from last episode in the hot tub was probs the highlight of the episode for me bsjjfj. Anyways, I hope she has a bigger role next episodes but I doubt it.

qfrWuBl.png

One thing I dislike about this season is that they're So focused on the artsy scenes like every 5 minutes there's a new montage with some music playing representing what the characters are feeling, like, it all looks gorgeous but they're doing it wayy too much this season. They need to focus on the actual story and dialogue. 

qfrWuBl.png

This was the first episode I felt so engaged in in a long time. Like, the scene with Rue in the church was one of the best ones that the show as done in a while. And I felt super interested in the Cassie, Nate, Maddy drama and I'm usually not to be honest. I have a feeling that episode 5 is gonna blow the rest of the season out of the water though. Zendaya is such a talented actress and I'm looking forward to seeing how she does Rue's (somehow, even further) downfall in a sense. Also, unpopular opinion but I really don't like Elliot :toofunny: 

imageproxy.jpg