Sign in to follow this  
Desert lamp

GAYLE

…I just realized we don't have a thread for her here :toofunny:

Taylor Gayle Rutherford (born July 8, 2004), known professionally as GAYLE, is an American singer-songwriter. After signing with Atlantic Records, she released the single "abcdefu" in 2021, which has charted worldwide.

Her next song/single has been confirmed to be "ur just horny", which will appear on her debut EP set to be released spring this year. Thoughts?

after seeing that the ‘follower’ that suggested the song idea for ‘abcdefu’ when GAYLE was asking for writing prompts on TikTok worked for Atlantic Records, i lost interest :headache:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Anytime a new artist comes out and dominates people always start a hate train. I really think she has some talent, the song is pretty good and she has massive potential. I watched her interview on Jimmy Fallon and she seems really nice and funny. I hope she's able to match the success of abcdefu in her future projects :noparty:

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, BartenderDeco said:

i don’t hate her or anything, but i just don’t see what’s so talented about her. her songwriting is ehh, her voice is average. genuine question to her fans, what made you like her?

I like her pop rock sound I guess

36 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

gayle’s music just reminds me of fuckboy by dixie damelio

ddd and that was an olivia o brien reject.

I actually love the new song. Glad she's giving us actual pop rock instead of pop rock-lite and processed unlike a certain girlie who will not be named kii!

giphy.gif

This poor girl is overhated. She's just 17 :wtf3:. I get that her music is nothing groundbreaking and her lyrics are a bit cringey but at least she's doing her thing (and she's actually good live). 90% of artists nowadays rely on gimmicks to get hits (even more when they are just starting so I don't blame her, it's just marketing).

giphy.gif