Sign in to follow this  
Desert lamp

GAYLE

23 hours ago, Desert lamp said:

Her new single "ur just horny" out (was gonna post about it yesterday but the site was down)

The chorus sounds like her leaked song "overwhelmed", anyways I don't like it as much as "abcdefu"

Idk how well this one will do compared to abcdefu. I kinda think she released it too early and it's gonna be overshadowed...I mean abcdefu just hit #1 in the UK? I think she could've waited a month or so. The song is good, but the chorus isn't as memorable. I'm praying it's successful though! :(

giphy.gif 

no hate, well maybe a little bit but I just see 0 potential or stan worthiness from her in everything outside the track itself.

It reminds me of carolesdaughter and other tiktok famed artists. The “e-girl aesthetics” are so basic, boring and redundant there’s no originality happening. I have seen people comparing her to avril lavigne or courtney love but those artists general aesthetic and style is so much more well formed and identifiable to them. I like her songs but her vibe is just so tragic and overdone. This aside from the way they marketed her which I don’t really care because it’s the same in reality as olivia rodrigo blowing up from nothing.. but someone like olivia has a whole visual identity world even if it’s not all that original she has a cohesive style that allowed her to make an album that carved its own place in the world. I can’t see this girlie going too far unless she gets a proper creative director…so meh lol.. does anyone feel even the same?

1 hour ago, princessdollie said:

no hate, well maybe a little bit but I just see 0 potential or stan worthiness from her in everything outside the track itself.

It reminds me of carolesdaughter and other tiktok famed artists. The “e-girl aesthetics” are so basic, boring and redundant there’s no originality happening. I have seen people comparing her to avril lavigne or courtney love but those artists general aesthetic and style is so much more well formed and identifiable to them. I like her songs but her vibe is just so tragic and overdone. This aside from the way they marketed her which I don’t really care because it’s the same in reality as olivia rodrigo blowing up from nothing.. but someone like olivia has a whole visual identity world even if it’s not all that original she has a cohesive style that allowed her to make an album that carved its own place in the world. I can’t see this girlie going too far unless she gets a proper creative director…so meh lol.. does anyone feel even the same?

I have to agree but I do feel the hate she gets is so nasty, musicians in general have to deal with so much sh*t especially in the social media era. 

she needs to build a concrete image and sound, it’s too soon for her- her look is too “seen” like I could confuse her for a lot of other people on Tik Tok. 

The biggest reason I think she blew up was familiarly. ABCD sounds like we can’t stop by Miley Cyrus with the melody of where is my mind by The Pixies. 

Spoiler

248fdd2df924979d0410df851a6d319a.jpg

anyways, I have nothing against the girl, but it does irritate me how much abcdefu is a ripoff of Hot Girl Bummer and Do Re Mi by blackbear. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 1/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, princessdollie said:

yes! her song is horribly overplayed, it’s like blades to my ears when it comes on now, but apart from that to make it all worse, comparing her to avril lavigne and courtney love is like……. comparing plastic to metal because avril and courtney are both basically 100% original trendsetters. not trying to hate but her inorganic growth on tik tok and putting out several “versions” of the same song just shows that she’s honestly not going to have any satiation within the music industry when her one hit wonder blows over. this thread will be dead in a year or two. 

giphy.gif

On 1/23/2022 at 11:29 PM, Shanice Jones said:

some people say she’s an Upsahl wannabe 

and they’re right, essentially she ripped off her entire aesthetic. also upsahl made a abcdefu type of song but with numbers fff

giphy.gif

IMG_4078.png

Giggling.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

the problem i have with her is she's an industry plant that used the likes of tiktok to "make a song" which was completely fake. like y'all.... it's so stupid

and we already have billiam eyelash, we don't need another one 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That viral song is pretty catchy, but nothing spectacular. 

Checked out her EP and I thought it was pretty bland, expected so much better.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde