regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

3 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Questions for the euphoria stans, have other artists debuted songs on this season? 

or is Lana the first to have an actual feature that’s being used for promotion?

Billie did a song with Rosalia last year for the show. 

5 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

Questions for the euphoria stans, have other artists debuted songs on this season? 

i don’t think anyone else has, so far it’s lana only

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif

Ok after 10 listens of the snippet (lol), here’s what it reminds of:

- the beginning sounds like the beginning of Cherry, with the sultry and mysterious atmosphere of Yayo;

- the WCE line reminds me of her vocals in White Dress a bit, but the repetition of the line reminds of Black Beauty. 

Controversial perhaps but I kind of don’t care too much for the high voice she sings in now- like we hear when she sings WCE over and over. Just me? It still sounds nice but idk compared to her other vocal styles it just ain’t it for me. Maybe cause it feels like we’ve heard so much of it in the last few years 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Ok after 10 listens of the snippet (lol), here’s what it reminds of:

- the beginning sounds like the beginning of Cherry, with the sultry and mysterious atmosphere of Yayo;

- the WCE line reminds me of her vocals in White Dress a bit, but the repetition of the line reminds of Black Beauty. 

Iconic 

iconic 

iconic

shes serving everything 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

3 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Controversial perhaps but I kind of don’t care too much for the high voice she sings in now- like we hear when she sings WCE over and over. Just me? It still sounds nice but idk compared to her other vocal styles it just ain’t it for me. Maybe cause it feels like we’ve heard so much of it in the last few years 

i actually am loving her higher register, like NAWWAL is just so beautiful because of it. yeah i wish she explored more into that deeper register because i do love when singers in general go really deep (lorde in liability reprise with that "but you're not what you thought you were" bit), but it's not like she'll never dive back to it, i'm sure she did some in blue banisters etc

so rock candy sweet really was shaping to be this electric guitar influenced album huh?? she probably scrapped the whole title track idea bc rest of the songs weren't like that at all. And now she gave this song away. we kinda lost again

btw what with this whole "watercolor eyes refers to the color of rue and jules' tears from the promo" or sum shit from the insiders??? it wasn't even written for the series 

1 hour ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

in this season specifically i think the only new songs are from labrinth, but he's the show musical producer and his songs will get officially released as a soundtrack album. when billie and rosalía released their collab for the special episode it came out as a single, so i'm guessing it'll be the same w lana 

i almost wanna check out the show for the song :thirst: but idk how to watch it in canada :whatever2: bc i know hbo can be dicks about downloading :awk: so if anyone knows somewhere to watch it for free, it'd be greatly appreciated :heart: but then again i hate the idea of watching an explicit show about kids :eek: bc its kinda creepy even if adults play them :coffee: although i know i would've loved that when i was a teen :agree: but then i really wanna hear the lana song organically in the show as we were meant to :yesnod: so maybe i just need to get over myself lol :hide: but then idk if i can even watch it so idk why i care anyway :um3: but lets all pray the song at least becomes a hit :pray2: and she decides to put it on her next album :smokes2: bc its gonna slap :rock:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Just now, scarlettohara said:

i almost wanna check out the show for the song :thirst: but idk how to watch it in canada :whatever2: bc i know hbo can be dicks about downloading :awk: so if anyone knows somewhere to watch it for free, it'd be greatly appreciated :heart: but then again i hate the idea of watching an explicit show about kids :ohsnap: bc its kinda creepy even if adults play them :coffee: although i know i would've loved that when i was a teen :agree: but then i really wanna hear the lana song organically in the show as we were meant to :yesnod: so maybe i just need to get over myself lol :hide: but then idk if i can even watch it so idk why i care anyway :um3: but lets all pray the song becomes a hit :pray2: and she decides to put it on her next album :smokes2: bc its gonna slap :rock:

Explicit things happen with teens though, Wokeness has destroyed the teen experience being talked about. 

i kinda do agree that it's a bit weird how the show (which is very explicit) has to be centered around teens when it could've easily been young adults :ohsnap: especially since it seems like the show talks about heavy drug use which i wouldn't say is the common teen experience... maybe because i didn't do anything in my teen years (& i'm very, very tame as an adult, i literally feel like an old lady) i just don't really get it or understand it

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i kinda do agree that it's a bit weird how the show (which is very explicit) has to be centered around teens when it could've easily been young adults :ohsnap: especially since it seems like the show talks about heavy drug use which i wouldn't say is the common teen experience... maybe because i didn't do anything in my teen years (& i'm very, very tame as an adult, i literally feel like an old lady) i just don't really get it or understand it

i don't think it IS supposed to represent the common teen experience... i do agree that it should've been young adults though :true:

i will say though that i do know a few people like this in real life

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Explicit things happen with teens though, Wokeness has destroyed the teen experience being talked about. 

i literally said my only problem with it is i'm an adult and it feels creepy but i would've loved that when i was a teen..... i don't give two shits about "wokeness", i'm just not a pedophile like the woke folk

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688