regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

She needs to leave White Dress vocal performance behind for good. We don’t need it to infect multiple songs. It works for that song but it doesn’t work here in that little section. 

It makes this sound really messy when it could be so beautiful if she had just sung this song straight through normally.

Dean Reid posted the following earlier on his Instagram story, noting that the song was mixed by him & Michael Harris, and produced by Nasri & Drew Erickson. Dean & Drew worked on multiple tracks off Blue Banisters! x

3-D85-B9-B3-CE63-4-B62-8899-4-DCC776-D0504

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, Astral Chain said:
  Hide contents

She needs to leave White Dress vocal performance behind for good. We don’t need it to infect multiple songs. It works for that song but it doesn’t work here in that little section. 

It makes this sound really messy when it could be so beautiful if she had just sung this song straight through normally.

Spoiler

this isn't reminiscent of white dress at all and the song is already beautiful

4 minutes ago, Astral Chain said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, yk what they say... opinions are just like assholes, everyone has them (and some are full of shit) :oprah3:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Spoiler

The way it stops has grown on me more now that I've heard it a few times. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Overall I like it. Solid ~7.5/10

Spoiler

I do have a couple small issues though- as someone said, the whole song didn’t need to be performed in her higher register and the verses would sound better performed in her lower register. It also doesn’t really seem to take off like it feels like it’s building up to- no big/loud drums, no solo, and it ends way too abruptly tbh.

All that said, I do like the lyrics and her vocals on the choruses

whatarecoloris.jpg