regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

Spoiler

I never listened to any snippet or read any commentary before listening - I find that it’s a gorgeous song, very angelic-sounding and calmly melodic. However, I just want her to really SING again you know, feels like it’s been forever. I’m really over these whisper vibes lmao. I’ve had it playing for the past half hour, it’s not BAD and I do like it, but this could have been so much more.

My phone is being wack so I’ll have to quote weirdly but, when @Venicebiatch69 said, “I feel like it’s missing some classic Lana soundscape sounds. That’s what I miss most about her earlier work. It’s not quite painting a world like her other music does, Idk.” I really felt that. 

Like I still think Lana has the ability to totally kill it with fluttery and fleeting vocals (i.e. White Dress), but that classic, bold and strong Lana sound has left the chat and it hurts :toofunny: That sound is what made made Lana, period. I feel like this could’ve been anyone singing this song, with how whispery and ultra soft it is. Again, it’s pretty, but Lana can do much better, and has. 

And this may be bold of me which is unlike me but :oic2: to those of you who are somehow getting UV from this… I’ll have what you’re having :cuteface: Cause I really wanna visit the planet you’re on, smoke on your wavelength, leave you some roses with my prayers and all that:w8ing: Lots of love 

3 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

question for the culture for venicebeach on atrl: if you hate us so much then why don’t you stop reading ‘analboards’ and following our opinions? fan behavior. :candy:

what happened lmao

1 minute ago, Venice said:
  Hide contents

I never listened to any snippet or read any commentary before listening - I find that it’s a gorgeous song, very angelic-sounding and calmly melodic. However, I just want her to really SING again you know, feels like it’s been forever. I’m really over these whisper vibes lmao. I’ve had it playing for the past half hour, it’s not BAD and I do like it, but this could have been so much more.

My phone is being wack so I’ll have to quote weirdly but, when @Venicebiatch69 said, “I feel like it’s missing some classic Lana soundscape sounds. That’s what I miss most about her earlier work. It’s not quite painting a world like her other music does, Idk.” I really felt that. 

Like I still think Lana has the ability to totally kill it with fluttery and fleeting vocals (i.e. White Dress), but that classic, bold and strong Lana sound has left the chat and it hurts :toofunny: That sound is what made made Lana, period. I feel like this could’ve been anyone singing this song, with how whispery and ultra soft it is. Again, it’s pretty, but Lana can do much better, and has. 

And this may be bold of me which is unlike me but :oic2: to those of you who are somehow getting UV from this… I’ll have what you’re having :cuteface: Cause I really wanna visit the planet you’re on, smoke on your wavelength, leave you some roses with my prayers and all that:w8ing: Lots of love 

it’s more the fact that this goes along songs like ‘sad girl’ with the repetition of the title in the chorus and the plucking of the guitar. i don’t think it would FIT on UV but i can see it being a 2022 version of it. what 36 year old lana would do for it compared to 28?

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

what happened lmao

they’re always slating us and our opinions and quite frankly it’s pretty stupid. if you don’t like us and call us analboards then stop visiting the website?

Spoiler

i listened to it again and it has already grown on me! i was on a walk so i didn’t have to focus on each detail of the song and it definitely made it sound better. i loved the soft instrumentation in the back and while i still think it’s a lot of wasted potential and some of the production isn’t really lana’s best, i think it fits euphoria and it will do good job in the series. plus, the lyrics are really different from what we’ve heard from lana recently! it’s really intriguing that it wasn’t originally written for euphoria

1 minute ago, bewhitehotforever said:

question for the culture for venicebeach on atrl: if you hate us so much then why don’t you stop reading ‘analboards’ and following our opinions? fan behavior. :candy:

calling LB "analboards" gives off such miserable 4chan energy + probable internalised homophobia

mUENGN9.png

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

calling LB "analboards" gives off such miserable 4chan energy + probable internalised homophobia

gives such bottom energy 

4 minutes ago, coldsparklingmountaindew said:
  Hide contents

I love this song so much! it's like the UV era coming back! and tbh this song fits better on UV than Florida Kilos or Guns N Roses

no hate towards my girl florida kilos. that song got me into lana 

I love the song more and more after each listen, it’s a siren call with the melodic pre chorus and chorus 

Since it’s for the show I’m sure she didn’t want it to be too complicated lyrically a la WW, the melody is an ear worm and I know the euphoria stand are gonna eat it up went it’s played on the show

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Pleeeease tell me it’s better/I’m gonna like it more than love you like a woman 😭 I use that one because it’s the only Lana song I just don’t like no matter how hard I try (I want to like it so bad lol) for free and breaking up slowly are close behind but it’s only bc of the features….. this has to be better right?! 😩

1 minute ago, trailerparkdream said:

Pleeeease tell me it’s better/I’m gonna like it more than love you like a woman 😭 I use that one because it’s the only Lana song I just don’t like no matter how hard I try (I want to like it so bad lol) for free and breaking up slowly are close behind but it’s only bc of the features….. this has to be better right?! 😩

girl don’t listen to the negative Nancies it’s a lot better than most things on cocc which okay isn’t hard to do but it certainly eats up let me flop like a woman and i’ve only listened to it once :hottie:

24 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

it’s more the fact that this goes along songs like ‘sad girl’ with the repetition of the title in the chorus and the plucking of the guitar. i don’t think it would FIT on UV but i can see it being a 2022 version of it. what 36 year old lana would do for it compared to 28?

Spoiler

Actually that’s a good point! 

If this is the direction she wants to go with her sound, that’s fine, I’ll just miss her powerhouse voice :’) I hope she does some varied work in the future.