regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

3 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

ok someone explain this to me bc i clearly missed something. how do we know loved you then and now is the real rock candy sweet and that its not just another song with the phrase in it? is it just because it was almost on cotcc or did insiders have a version of the album rock candy sweet before the first draft of bb that included it? or did it maybe appear on that first bb tracklist and insiders just figured it out bc the album was almost called rcs? like how do we know watercolor eyes isn't the real rock candy sweet and the other song just also included the phrase? or is it possible maybe neither of these songs are the real rock candy sweet if she's reusing the phrase that much? sorry if we've already discussed this, i miss a lot and get confused easily.

BoZ (maybe someone else reliable also…)
LYTAN is the song she was supposed to include on BB and be the « title track » because it had that line. He also said that WCE is new. 
my guess why BoZ has heard LYTAN: that song was supposed to be on Chemtrails. All the songs from COCC were « leaked » while sent to production, to a few guys, including Dealer. I wouldn’t be surprised if LYTAN was part of the lot. 

Spoiler

after first listen, i’m def disappointed. something seems off with the timing of her vocals and the instrumentals. something about it seemed…improv maybe? the melody doesn’t do much either it’s kinda messy tbh :eek3: maybe i just set my expectations a little too high when i hear a lana x euphoria song was coming out, but this song was a huge missed opportunity in terms of creating something with a little more of a ‘bang’ and a lot more catchier. :tsk:

who knows maybe the song will grow on me. but on first listen i just wasn’t feeling it. :bebe: 

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Just now, Surf Noir said:

is it true there's a second version of the song floating around? :raven: reminds me of people saying that about dealer in the blue banisters pre-release... :um2: 

i don’t know about floating around as in people sharing it already but there’s a demo/alternative version yes, the one with the bridge apparently. i wouldn’t be shocked since she’s clearly into alt versions lately for some reason… (aracadia, fiily, beautiful, hope…)  :grinds:

it's not out in my country yet, & based off of what i'm reading here so far, my expectations aren't too high :toofunny: however, i'll still listen to it open-minded & form my own opinion

also, i agree that just because a song has a guitar, doesn't mean it's reminiscent of ultraviolence :toofunny: i don't even know if there's any songs from her past few albums that are actually "ultraviolence vibes" i think that album has a very specific vibe which is beyond electric guitars & angst

i also doubt this song will have lizzy vibes, i don't think a stripped-back guitar or high vocals makes it a "lizzy" vibe... i don't think people even know what the "lizzy" vibe actually is :agree: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Spoiler

This is the sound I love most from her. I enjoyed BB but this very hypnotic, dreamy production is what I really missed. I tend to prefer the “whisper” vocals over her belting, with these really cute but heart-tugging melodies and voice layers. It’s like a perfect modern mix for what “old Lana” sounded like. 

1 hour ago, bewhitehotforever said:

it’s more the fact that this goes along songs like ‘sad girl’ with the repetition of the title in the chorus and the plucking of the guitar. i don’t think it would FIT on UV but i can see it being a 2022 version of it. what 36 year old lana would do for it compared to 28?

Spoiler

To me it's exactly these elements that make WCE slightly reminiscent of UV and pwyc to be more specific, although they're obviously not on the same level. There may not be a big dramatic climax à la Black Beauty or a rich and lush production, but comparing the slow guitar plucking paired with the repetition to UV is actually not that far-fetched imho 

It's an underlying UV vibe/feeling I get more than anything else

2 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:
  Hide contents

To me it's exactly these elements that make WCE slightly reminiscent of UV and pwyc to be more specific, although they're obviously not on the same level. There may not be a big dramatic climax à la Black Beauty or a rich and lush production, but comparing the slow guitar plucking paired with the repetition to UV is actually not that far-fetched imho 

It's an underlying UV vibe/feeling I get more than anything else

you put what i couldn’t explain into words. i got pwyc vibes from the snippet. 

Ouff i can’t wait to listen to this highhhhhhh

i hope she goes back to this sultry melancholy vibe for her next album even tho I know this is a one off single for a show

Angsty melancholic Lana is my fav so I’m obsessed with this one :cumming2:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

BoZ (maybe someone else reliable also…)
LYTAN is the song she was supposed to include on BB and be the « title track » because it had that line. He also said that WCE is new. 
my guess why BoZ has heard LYTAN: that song was supposed to be on Chemtrails. All the songs from COCC were « leaked » while sent to production, to a few guys, including Dealer. I wouldn’t be surprised if LYTAN was part of the lot. 

so do you mean he had a copy of the album when it was still rock candy sweet or that the song was just on the first blue banisters tracklist or that he just assumed bc it was originally on chemtrails? do you possibly have a screenshot of him explaining it? i just wanna know what the full confirmation was bc i remember when insiders claimed mac was yosemite bc of the candle line and i know lana reuses lines a lot so who knows how many songs she's made with the rock candy sweet line

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Just now, scarlettohara said:

so do you mean he had a copy of the album when it was still rock candy sweet or that the song was just on the first blue banisters tracklist or that he just assumed bc it was originally on chemtrails? do you possibly have a screenshot of him explaining it? i just wanna know what the full confirmation was bc i remember when insiders claimed mac was yosemite bc of the candle line and i know lana reuses lines a lot so who knows how many songs she's made with the rock candy sweet line

for the record, i don't think any (reliable) insiders claimed that mac was yosemite, i think it was just fans speculating since they shared the "candle in the wind" line

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

12 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

I don’t have a screenshot, but: 

- LYTAN has the RCS line and was considered to be on Chemtrails then BB; 

- he also said that LYTAN is not WCE even though they share a similar line. (Just like the candle on the wind thing on 3 songs- when MAC was teased, we all thought it was Yosemite renamed)

Edit: I screenshot his original post of WCE https://imgur.com/a/pQFv4CL 

22 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i don’t know about floating around as in people sharing it already but there’s a demo/alternative version yes, the one with the bridge apparently. i wouldn’t be shocked since she’s clearly into alt versions lately for some reason… (aracadia, fiily, beautiful, hope…)  :grinds:

????HOPE HAS AN ALT VERSION WTF???? WHERE OMG

1 minute ago, CinnamonGay said:

????HOPE HAS AN ALT VERSION WTF???? WHERE OMG

its on all the vinyls it just has Jack talking to Lana? on the phone? random af but adds a kinda unhinged vibe to the end of the record :true:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Just now, pin up galore said:

its on all the vinyls it just has Jack talking to Lana? on the phone? random af but adds a kinda unhinged vibe to the end of the record 

Oh that. Okok.

I thought something with new production :paris: