regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

Spoiler

I love the instrumental so much, and l love love the abstract lyrics making a return 

but 

these vocals aren’t it, I’m sorry Lana :crying5:

If this was a simpler song, the vocals would have been perfect, but these ‘White Dress’ style vocals do not fit a full song like this. She half sings some words and the instrumental completely washes her out 

"Don’t forget me"

It's finally out in my country

Spoiler

It’s beautuful but really cute
I love mix of Ultraviolence and Lizzy vibe. PWYC-ish guitars, beautuful melody and lounge atmosphere are great. Song resembles pre-LFL and would be something what could be bridge between Honeymoon and LFL. But it's nothing breathtaking, it's cute.

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:
  Hide contents

I love the instrumental so much, and l love love the abstract lyrics making a return 

but 

these vocals aren’t it, I’m sorry Lana :crying5:

If this was a simpler song, the vocals would have been perfect, but these ‘White Dress’ style vocals do not fit a full song like this. She half sings some words and the instrumental completely washes her out 

I totally get why you guys don’t like it that much, but it’s still so beautiful and hunting. I think it’s one of her best songs :wub:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

Listening now for the second time, soon my third. :flutter:

Spoiler

The beginning feels rushed to me? I think they could’ve added a couple of more seconds to create an intro and a anticipation before moving on to the rock candy part.

It’s a pretty song! I really like it, especially the verses. Lyrics feel very “classic” Lana too, like so many of you have already mentioned, not the everyday-observations-life kind of lyrics. I’m very happy to hear more instrumentation than just a piano, we’ve gotten perhaps too many of those in the past couple of albums.

Although, her high, feather-light voice doesn’t sound crystal clear this time? At least not at the end? Ah, I don’t mind that too much, I’m just glad to hear the song, I don’t dislike it. :flutter: I only wished it was longer, it feels like it was edited shorter than what it was meant to be? I dunno.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Spoiler

The power this song would've had had the production been intense and bombastic :ma:, the melody is really good but there is an obvious gap between the sucky/breathy vocals and the underwhelming production. It's just a cute song for the kids I guess. :bebe:

i love the song, okay the "snow white if she was a chain smoker" vocals are getting tired but i LOVE the production and melody, it’ll fit perfectly and sound better in the context of the series. 

Buddy’s Rendezvous now THAT will be the real tea 
EB6hmUfWkAA7VO5.jpg

5 minutes ago, West Coast said:
  Hide contents

The power this song would've had had the production been intense and bombastic :ma:, the melody is really good but there is an obvious gap between the sucky/breathy vocals and the underwhelming production. It's just a cute song for the kids I guess. :bebe:

Spoiler

No fr because it would have been so easy for them to add heavy drums instead of whatever this garageband drum kit is and some real fucking guitar instead of the weak plucking. All of Lanas best songs from the last year are lowk getting ruined by production. Someone on her team needs fired and replaced with Father John Misty

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da