regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

Did I yesterday say that the song is just cute and ok? Yes. Have I been listening to it on repeat since it came out? Yes. It grew on me a lot and I think it's actually a pretty solid song :smile3:

Same! It has grown on me a lot overnight, her power is unmatched :illumilana2:

Lanarat.png

13 minutes ago, COCC said:

Did I yesterday say that the song is just cute and ok? Yes. Have I been listening to it on repeat since it came out? Yes. It grew on me a lot and I think it's actually a pretty solid song :smile3:

Same. It totally grew on me after few listens. It's beautiful, dreamy, nostalgic sound, "classic" Lana vibes:flutter:

i’ve played the song twice and can already sing it off by heart in karaoke if i wanted to :bebe:  

she wanted something simple to stay in girlies heads and she has. the locals wouldn’t appreciate something complex like UV or HM that’s why they ate up NFR. 

For my fellow collectors, the french store just send the notification if the new song and it says this in the end “Watercolor Eyes is from the Euphoria Season 2 soundtrack to be released on February 25 digitally and April 22 on CD.”

original.gif

I don’t think I need to put the spoiler part since everybody pretty much heard it… 

i just listened to it once. I really love the lyrics, I really love the guitar in the beginning of the song, the melody is beautiful and I love how her voice is almost tearing up. 
but, production wise, it stays a bit one-note? I understand that choice supposedly makes more sense in the context of the scene… but it could have had just a bit more instruments in the end.

the song reminds me a lot of Black Beauty with its simple chorus and well, that song does build up a bit more than WCE. That being said, it’s a beautiful track.

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

Maybe there exists another version with bridge (wishing for that) and they decided to cut it in the last moment.

Me toooo, I hope there's like an extended version with a longer intro and a bridge. :poordat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t think I need to put the spoiler part since everybody pretty much heard it… 

i just listened to it once. I really love the lyrics, I really love the guitar in the beginning of the song, the melody is beautiful and I love how her voice is almost tearing up. 
but, production wise, it stays a bit one-note? I understand that choice supposedly makes more sense in the context of the scene… but it could have had just a bit more instruments in the end.

the song reminds me a lot of Black Beauty with its simple chorus and well, that song does build up a bit more than WCE. That being said, it’s a beautiful track.

Second thoughts after many listens already…

this song is a crossover between Paradise and Chemtrails to me (Black Beauty is more a Paradise song than a UV IMo). It’s really beautiful. Maybe it doesn’t need more buildup after all than it already « has » (love and curse « insiders », that either have another version of the song or just made things up, that always bring my expectations at a 10-level). The abrupt end though… :horror2: just a few more instrumental bars would have been perfect. I love how her voice is so angelic and hypnotic, how the emotion feels raw, and that there isn’t any « instrumental break » in the song. 
that being said… I think we all want bigger production for her next endeavours/projects. Buddy’s Rendezvous seems to go into that direction, and I sure hope LDR9 is also. I don’t mind if there are atmospheric ballads like this one or Bb’s on the next album, but please, more prod-heavy tracks for the next album, miss Lana. :pray2:

Listened, I’m very critical of her new work and this is probably her best song since The good songs off the LFL era. 

The melody here is a lot stronger.

it’s not amazing but her vocal is less muffled and the ugly as hell piano is dead. 

bland undercooked and forgettable. if this is her “fire” song them she completely lost any fire and should stop trying. Much much much weaker than almost  anything on Cocc and BB