regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

1 minute ago, cinnamongirI said:

i have a feeling the competition will start to get fierce when this euphoria soundtrack gets released. according to boz, tove lo is also releasing a song on the soundtrack

I like tove lo but literally no one cares about her songs 

As always everyone is entitled to our own opinion but I really don't understand the mass hate/disappointment lol.

Okay, okay.. the lack of a bridge could be upsetting when told about it but that is why we don't always listen to insiders lol. I think it was pretty obvious where this song was going based off of the snippets, but that's me. I will say I do believe there prob is an alternate version. Maybe it is a version that was intended for an album or still could be intended for an album, we don't know. I can see them shortening it for the show and also for better/more easily accessible listening/replay value.

Anyways for me this song is so dreamy and atmospheric. It's a flood of emotions and imagery! The melody and lyrics are just so beautiful! I personally think it is a great song and will be streaming the fuck out of it lol. I def think she accomplished what she needed with this song for the show. May be unpopular opinion but I also think that the length is perfect. I don't even notice how short it is lol. It honestly feels longer than 3:30 but it is 3:30 so that makes it perfect to listen to again.. again....again.....and again. I love stanning such a prolific and talented artist, we are truly a lucky fandom. Nobody has done and continues to do it like Lana but again that's just my opinion lol!

33 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i have a feeling the competition will start to get fierce for the emmys when this euphoria soundtrack gets released. according to boz, tove lo is also releasing a song on the soundtrack

Tove Lo :eartha:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

all i can say right now is...wow...

Spoiler

:air2:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

30 minutes ago, DLT said:

I love stanning such a prolific and talented artist, we are truly a lucky fandom. Nobody has done and continues to do it like Lana but again that's just my opinion lol!

:true: We are truly lucky to be stanning one of the greats in real time :true:

on my second listen and not trying to be a negative nancy or anything but this song is just so meh to me :tsk: i can see the appeal for sure since it does have a nice airy atmosphere to it and the drums towards the end are nice, but it really feels like its missing any stand-out moment to really distinguish this song from... well any of the slower songs in lana's discography really. the vocals aren't doing it for me and the lyrics are just kinda bland. idk im not feeling it so far :heidi:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

6 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

on my second listen and not trying to be a negative nancy or anything but this song is just so meh to me :tsk: i can see the appeal for sure since it does have a nice airy atmosphere to it and the drums towards the end are nice, but it really feels like its missing any stand-out moment to really distinguish this song from... well any of the slower songs in lana's discography really. the vocals aren't doing it for me and the lyrics are just kinda bland. idk im not feeling it so far :heidi:

you have to put yourself in her situation, there is so much vulnerability in this song:defeated:

Ok i might have been so wrong about the abrupt ending: it could be secretly genius. It makes me want to replay the song constantly, like a very long wailing song on loop, where the beginning picks up when the ending happens.

its honestly been ages (ok, maybe since COCC or NFR :oic2:) that I played her new single on loop. The BB triple release were excellent but so damn heavy: I never played them more than 3 times each top while WCE has been on loop since this morning. It’s highly addictive