regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

1 minute ago, bewhitehotforever said:

the girls are fighting 

I do this to get everyone's blood pumping :illumilana2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

50 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Ah, the typical "bitter" comment

You're entitled to enjoy it, like you would have understood if you read my post in full instead of cutting out a snippet of it, but it says more about your standards than anyone else's 

literally what is wrong with them saying that? people in here shit on NFR 24/7 and while i absolutely disagree i don't say that disliking nfr is a delusion of grandeur because everyone is entitled to have their own diversity of opinions, no matter how crazy they are

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

literally what is wrong with them saying that? people in here shit on NFR 24/7 and while i absolutely disagree i don't say that disliking nfr is a delusion of grandeur because everyone is entitled to have their own diversity of opinions, no matter how crazy they are

It's a strong opinion that I have and I seriously am not changing it. I think that saying this song is better than songs such as Get Free, Heroin, Cherry,  The Greatest, Chemtrails is a little bit of a delusion of grandeur. Sorry! 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

It's a strong opinion that I have and I seriously am not changing it. I think that saying this song is better than songs such as Get Free, Heroin, Cherry,  The Greatest, Chemtrails is a little bit of a delusion of grandeur. Sorry! 

I adore Watercolor Eyes but it's not on the level of some of her greatest hits, nor is it trying to be. Songs like Heroin, The Greatest, Chemtrails, etc. are obviously aiming for something a lot more substantial/impactful, but that doesn't mean Watercolor Eyes isn't gorgeous in it's own right.

i agree but like saying "I think you even know that's a lie, so stop being full of it" when it's literally their opinion? why not just agree to disagree?

Lyricism is magnificent in this one. This type of lyrics is what made me fall in love with Lana 10 years ago. I adore her writing post-NFR era and it really shows her growth, but WCE-type of lyricism once in a while is making me really nostalgic!

It’s an all right song in my opinion, nothing too special for me. 

I usually like her high register but it sounds to me as if she has changed the way she uses it for a few years and while it still sounds good to me, it also sounds a bit generic.

Then again, even « Beautiful » grew on me, so I might start really liking this soon who knows. 

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I adore Watercolor Eyes but it's not on the level of some of her greatest hits, nor is it trying to be. Songs like Heroin, The Greatest, Chemtrails, etc. are obviously aiming for something a lot more substantial/impactful, but that doesn't mean Watercolor Eyes isn't gorgeous in it's own right.

Yeah, I think the message that's being lost here is that everyone is free to enjoy the song, love the song, etc I don't care

I just think the whole "this is her best song, this is her best song in years" crowd is a little crazy and I feel like I'm allowed to express that, just like people are allowed to express that i'm "bitter" and whatever

12 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Obviously everyone can feel however they want about the song, but I personally think there's more to it than some of you are saying. It's simple and repetitive but that's part of its charm and there's something subtly magical about it. It really is addictive and the atmosphere gives this warm and special feeling, mixed with the sadness and disappointment in the lyrics. It reflects the mindset of a young love that's fading really well. Also it doesn't really feel that sparse to me? There are so many little things going on and it all comes together beautifully.

I'm glad you're enjoying it that much. I think it's a minor Lana song, as I stated, at least it is for me, but that's okay. I'm still enjoying it for what I find it to be. Yesterday was my birthday, so it was a nice treat. 

People extrapolated too much from the snippet, thinking it was going to be something that would fit comfortably on 'Honeymoon.' I used to do that too, but have learned not to after both 'HIAB' and the 'Blue Banisters' title track, and the 'Season of the Witch' cover, which didn't work for me. 

6 minutes ago, Thunder said:

i just love how people are masking their huge egos and not seeing anything beyond the end of their noses with “uh im just having a strong opinion guys 🥺”. Nah you’re just being a wet blanket

fight-everyone.gif

Yeah, I think the message that's being lost here is that everyone is free to enjoy the song, love the song, etc I don't care

I just think the whole "this is her best song, this is her best song in years" crowd is a little crazy and I feel like I'm allowed to express that, just like people are allowed to express that i'm "bitter" and whatever

I think the "this is her best song ever" crowd is pretty small though, most people who love the song aren't saying that. And if they do think it's her best song ever, then it just means that it's speaking to them personally right now. It's obviously not objectively her best song ever (Venice Bitch) but if someone loves it that much at the moment, I think it's sweet (like rock candy) that it's impacting them so strongly. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it that much. I think it's a minor Lana song, as I stated, at least it is for me, but that's okay. I'm still enjoying it for what I find it to be. Yesterday was my birthday, so it was a nice treat. 

People extrapolated too much from the snippet, thinking it was going to be something that would fit comfortably on 'Honeymoon.' I used to do that too, but have learned not to after both 'HIAB' and the 'Blue Banisters' title track, and the 'Season of the Witch' cover, which didn't work for me. 

Happy belated birthday! What a nice gift to receive, I'm glad you're enjoying it.