regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I think the "this is her best song ever" crowd is pretty small though, most people who love the song aren't saying that. And if they do think it's her best song ever, then it just means that it's speaking to them personally right now. It's obviously not objectively her best song ever (Venice Bitch) but if someone loves it that much at the moment, I think it's sweet (like rock candy) that it's impacting them so strongly. 

Agreed

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

You can’t say Venice bitch is objectively her best 💀There is no objective best but I certainly wouldn’t call it that 

Subjectively I would say shades of cool or Freak(the harmonies) 

Shades of Cool wins for me, too. It’s all about what speaks to you or your personal experience with the song, I guess. Music to Watch Boys to was playing at the happiest moment of my life, so I like it a lot but maybe it wasn’t for that experience I wouldn’t.

11 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I think the "this is her best song ever" crowd is pretty small though, most people who love the song aren't saying that. And if they do think it's her best song ever, then it just means that it's speaking to them personally right now. It's obviously not objectively her best song ever (Venice Bitch) but if someone loves it that much at the moment, I think it's sweet (like rock candy) that it's impacting them so strongly. 

Happy belated birthday! What a nice gift to receive, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thank you. It was one of the nicest birthday gifts I've ever received. 

1 minute ago, lili said:

Shades of Cool wins for me, too. It’s all about what speaks to you or your personal experience with the song, I guess. Music to Watch Boys to was playing at the happiest moment of my life, so I like it a lot but maybe it wasn’t for that experience I wouldn’t.

I also rank west coast up there and love music to watch boys too(so sexy).

2 minutes ago, lili said:

Yes, it's almost completely subjective. For me, her 'best,' those that speak to me the most are 'Ride,' 'Old Money,' 'Yosemite,' 'If You Lie Down With Me,' and 'Violets For Roses,' though I consider 'Cola' the archetypal Lana Del Rey song in terms of mood and sound. 

Just now, Vertimus said:

Yes, it's almost completely subjective. For me, her 'best,' those that speak to me the most are 'Ride,' 'Old Money,' 'Yosemite,' 'If You Lie Down With Me,' and 'Violets For Roses,' though I consider 'Cola' the archetypal Lana Del Rey song in terms of mood and sound. 

Great choices imo!

Also, The best (subjective, of course) and most loved are different things in my mind. I used to listen to grunge heavily and my favorite band was Nirvana but I admitted other bands like AIC or Soundgarden could be regarded higher musically when my friends didn’t agree with my choice. But I, completely subjectively, loved them the most.

The only songs of Lana's that I would objectively consider her best would be Heroin and/or Hope. I honestly struggle to rank her songs by objectivity because she's done so many different styles and sounds throughout her career. It really all comes down to personal taste 

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Ok but since we on this topic Shades of Cool is probably her objectively best song… lyrics, production, vocals, it’s got it all. Every second of that song goes so much harder than it had to, and I am so grateful for that 

Our relationship to art is so complicated... I love that song to death and consider it her best but I rarely listen to it because the emotions I get is too much for me to handle.

2 minutes ago, lili said:

Great choices imo!

Also, The best (subjective, of course) and most loved are different things in my mind. I used to listen to grunge heavily and my favorite band was Nirvana but I admitted other bands like AIC or Soundgarden could be regarded higher musically when my friends didn’t agree with my choice. But I, completely subjectively, loved them the most.

Thanks. I also love 'The Greatest' a good deal. I think for all of us, it's a matter of what songs touch us the most--and keep touching us, as well as their sound. It's such a private | personal matter, you can't let your friends opinions influence you, or their harsh words, or, in some cases, herd mentality. 

I don't rank anyone's songs, unless it's just for fun, to pass the time, and clarify one's thoughts and opinions. 

32 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Yeah, I think the message that's being lost here is that everyone is free to enjoy the song, love the song, etc I don't care

I just think the whole "this is her best song, this is her best song in years" crowd is a little crazy and I feel like I'm allowed to express that, just like people are allowed to express that i'm "bitter" and whatever

i don't even like the song all that much, but i think it's a little strange to say that anybody who seriously loves this song the most out of all of her recent releases is crazy & has "delusions of grandeur" (which doesn't even make any sense?) just let people like the song if they want to, maybe you don't agree that it's better than some of her releases, i think it's a pretty boring song myself, but if people like it, just allow them to enjoy it, they aren't hurting you in anyway by loving the song & it doesn't mean your personal opinion is any less valid

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't even know if lana has 1 objectively best song, she has too many great songs, it's just too hard to say there's just 1 when there's like dozens of songs which could be her objective best :heidi: 

Please, BBM Baby and Boom Like That are right there

i think it's so weird that you actually can barely hear the plucking of the guitar. compare the "taste like rock candy" teaser from euphoria's twitter with the actual song, like you can't hear it? i think it would be better if it started with only the guitar and then it build up