regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

Dean Reid posted this about the song! He mentioned using the “famous Capitol Records reverb chamber” so perhaps that’s another reason why Lana was pictured outside the Capitol Records building back in September in her tweet about the covers album  x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i don’t know i can’t keep up with all these rcs copies

What was eventually released as COCC the album was originally announced as 'Rock Candy Sweet,' so it had to exist at that time, well before the BB album. And BOZ said that 'rock candy sweet' was not a song title, but a lyric, before COCC was released. So it was cut from COCC and may have been intended for BB originally, and then cut yet again. As we know, BB was one album, and then she suddenly changed direction and a lot of the just-produced new cuts were dropped. 

So, I think 'Watercolor Eyes' was originally intended for COCC, but perhaps the Euphoria people reached out to Lana's management and asked for a song, and perhaps Lana even gave them a selection to pick from, and they chose WCE (remember Season 2 of Euphoria was several years in the making due to the pandemic). So she dropped WCE from COCC and changed the album title and direction. 

OR she may have decided to save it for BB, and then discarded it, and Euphoria picked it up when they reached out to her. 

Personally, I think WCE would have fit better on COCC than on BB.

I doubt it's from the Paradise era, as some have speculated, but of course don't know for sure.  

16 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

puttin on ma music while I’m watching the boysssss

Damn, I wasn’t aware of it saying that. This  song lives in my subconscious. Watch me get a pink flamingo pet next. :party:

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

What was eventually released as COCC the album was originally announced as 'Rock Candy Sweet,' so it had to exist at that time, well before the BB album. And BOZ said that 'rock candy sweet' was not a song title, but a lyric, before COCC was released. So it was cut from COCC and may have been intended for BB originally, and then cut. As we know, BB was one album and then she suddenly changed direction and a lot of the just-produced new cuts were dropped. 

Actually "Loved You Then and Now" was originally a part of the COCC tracklist as posted by the Electric Lady Studios. Then Blue Banisters was announced as "Rock Candy Sweet", and then album was postponed and it was retitled as Blue Banisters. We learned that Loved You Then and Now is actually Rock Candy Sweet or vice versa.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Thoth said:

Actually "Loved You Then and Now" was originally a part of the COCC tracklist as posted by the Electric Studios. Then Blue Banisters was announced as "Rock Candy Sweet", and then album was postponed and it was retitled as Blue Banisters. We learned that Loved You Then and Now is actually Rock Candy Sweet or vice versa.

I apologize, you're absolutely right. COCC was initially announced as 'White Hot Forever,' not 'Rock Candy Sweet,'  and it was what became BB that was announced as 'Rock Candy Sweet.' Thanks for the correction. 

So WCE must have been intended for BB at one point. 

Sorry everyone! 

12 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

wait, why would Lana's housekeeper and closet organiser would be behind it?

because she wants what lana has: more than 10$ a month in streaming revenues