regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

Other version of WCE was clearly made specifically for the episode and will be heard there (as it was already teased in the trailer). The version we got is probably the OG version Lana wanted to be released – especially with drums being “off-key,” this is kinda her already known procedure to make songs “imperfect.” Not saying you have to love this effect, I’m just saying this is something she often does with her songs.

I personally like it, I don’t like this whole obsession with making music super polished and I appreciate Lana for doing things on one take, I think it makes her craft unique.

11 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

How could have WEC been intended or BB if it was recorded around September according to that instagram post?

Wait are you an insider saying there‘s a version called Water Eyes Color :oprah4:

I suspect she did actually write/complete this for Euphoria. Maybe she had some of the lyrics and melodies already, and then the show approached her and said they wanted a song and she created this. Something about it just seems so perfect for Euphoria, I don't think she just handed them a track that she already had.

16 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Other version of WCE was clearly made specifically for the episode and will be heard there (as it was already teased in the trailer). The version we got is probably the OG version Lana wanted to be released – especially with drums being “off-key,” this is kinda her already known procedure to make songs “imperfect.” Not saying you have to love this effect, I’m just saying this is something she often does with her songs.

I personally like it, I don’t like this whole obsession with making music super polished and I appreciate Lana for doing things on one take, I think it makes her craft unique.

Personally i really like the imperfectness of the song. I think it adds a lot more personality (which was lacking on NFR :oic2:) and the rough vocals just make it ever more intriguing.

Although i think sometimes she tries to be TOO “imperfect” and singer songwriter esq, as i feel on Blue Banisters she was trying too hard instead of it being more natural

Song has been on repeat since this morninggg

i loveeeeee it, sucks that some of you did not like it but I hope that changes it’s such a moody song 

I’m curious about the stripped back version and wonder if it was solely with guitar that could be even more sultry…..leak it

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

9 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I suspect she did actually write/complete this for Euphoria. Maybe she had some of the lyrics and melodies already, and then the show approached her and said they wanted a song and she created this. Something about it just seems so perfect for Euphoria, I don't think she just handed them a track that she already had.

i think the same! maybe they even asked to add some “old lana lyricism” for the vibes. bc it almost doesnt make sense that she’d make such an atmospheric n “old lana” type song at this point in her career.  

1 hour ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

The other version is probably the OG WCE. I'm leaning towards my theory from yesterday that WCE was produced by Drew Erickson and was meant to be on BB. When she gave up this song to Euphoria, Nasri added more production. That's why the other version is even more stripped down.

i’m thinking the opposite. the instrumentation in the back sounds very much blue banisters, like something drew erickson would do. the original version was probably created by nasri and it’s just the guitar. also, i don’t think watercolor eyes was ever meant to be on blue banisters, it’s not very much fitting with blue banisters lyrical themes