regattasinthewind

New Lana song 'Watercolor Eyes' to be featured in S2E3 of 'Euphoria' - January 23rd, 2022

12 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Why did the song title change?  Fuck my scrobbles :stareney:

what did yours change to? it didn't change on mine

rip ignore this

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

ur sick i will die on the hill that WCE has FIILY vibes, especially the version i heard

All this chit chat about multiple versions but no one's heard them yet?

where-wherearethey.gif

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

You can put a comment explaining the situation and maybe they will pin it (+ rightfully tag you on the picture). If not tell us which post and we'll get them down if they don't want to credit you :blush3: 

I think there is an option when reporting a post about intellectual property or something like that 

the ig was @lanadelreypictures

my ig for album cover is @lammakingstuff

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Screenshot-20220122-121827-507.png

Screenshot-20220122-121839-103.png

:stareney: hate her.

image.png

it was also uploaded with a new title on apple music, but they havent renamed the old one but uploaded a new one with a 1-second longer length... :judgingu3:

edit: nvm they changed it and its the same length now, still cant understand why theres both of them on streaming lmao

2 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

It wasn't Rick's fault that Lana kept changing her mind about Lust for Life's concept and sound.

He still gave us some of her best songs on that album and overall, it's more enjoyable than the kind of snoozey and uninspired shit she's been serving lately. Hell, she didn't even bother to record a full album and just stopped halfway through then added some OLD ASS outtakes on it and didn't even bother updating/changing them.

I'm a big LFL fan too; I find it one of her most creative records, due to '13 Beaches,' 'White Mustang,' 'God Bless America,' 'When The World Was At War,' 'Heroin,' 'BPBP,' 'IMF,' 'Summer Bummer,' 'Cherry,' and 'TNC.' Occasionally, I even like 'Love.' 

I would have preferred the title track to remain more like the original, and don't care for the Max Martin version on the record. 

So I was waiting for my Covid infection to get a little better before I could listen to WCE on earphones and it was worth it. 
There is a guitar belting/dipping kind of instrumental music in the chorus that makes it perfect. 
without the earphones I thought the chorus was a little off but on listening to the instruments it makes perfect sense.

the production is really good! 

I can safely say that WCE is in the Venice Bitch club now! 😌

18 hours ago, revadece said:

i meant it more like her perspective, blue banisters (album) also speaks on stuff like tough relationships, but it does it different way - she definitely feels more confident and more aware of her own worth than the person she’s singing about

lana has been singing about colors pretty much since the beginning and picasso doesn’t have really much to do with watercolor eyes in my opinion. sure, it has “rock candy sweet” phrase and i think it could’ve been recorded around time she was working on blue banisters, but i don’t think it was considered to be on the album itself, or at least not on what we have as the final result now

I agree; to me, WCE just doesn't sound like something ever intended for BB, especially since, as a new song, it doesn't present the singer/narrator/Lana in a position of control and relative power, as most of the new BB tracks do. 

And, as some have mentioned, it is true that we don't know for a fact that WCE and whatever the original song with the 'rock candy sweet' line are the same song, though I think it's a fair bet that they are. 

And we know Lana's songs often go through all kinds of gyrations and changes before reaching some form she considers final. 

22 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

All this chit chat about multiple versions but no one's heard them yet?

actually there is only one other version but with no bridge and i saw screenshots of that twink insider (twinksider :makeup:from twitter confessing that he basically didn't know what bridge means (lmao) and he wrongly stated that there is a bridge version of WCE... basically he stated that for attention only and is refusing to publicly admit that.

the TV version of the song has different instrumental and theres a specific moment when shes singing the final chorus with some type of instrumental change which they were reportedly interpreting as a bridge. 

Y'all need Last.fm pro. It saved my life

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

17 hours ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I always feel bad when I see people aren’t liking the direction she’s going in. I respect all opinions and it sucks to be disappointed in your favorite artist’s releases, and I’ve tried to figure out why mid/post-NFR tracks sound so different from her older material. 

What I’ve decided is that, especially with the adoption of her spoken poetry, she said she likes almost freestyling and making very few edits to things—just letting them be what they are. I think she lived by this dogma in the beginning with AKA, where everything felt and sounded like it had spontaneous air in the mix. 

Once she was signed by a big label, naturally they try to boil it down to a concentrate—cut out any stray frequencies, smooth and condense her voice, have crisp instrumentals keen for radio and movie play, etc.

I had liked Lana’s music in the past, but I really became a stan with the release of Mariner’s and Venice Bitch, because, while I hadn’t heard much from UV or anything at the time, I felt I could hear her true artistry come through in those tracks, with their lo-fi, vocal-center approach. It captured the electricity of a live performance, of an artist creating and breathing in real-time that sounded so different from the slick, airtight productions on the radio or sleek, older material of hers that I was familiar with.

I think she’s leaned even further into that after her work with Jack. We’ve heard her collaborators say that she’s done vocals in one take, or how she literally wrote and recorded White Dress on the spot while Jack played some chords. I think, above all lately, she values organicness—the feeling of catching lightning and bottling up that emotion right away, to present it as it was at that moment in time, and not revisit it. While I agree it has led to some more human “errors” (slightly wrong notes, lags in timing, fuzzy gear playback), I feel this is all so hyper-intentional in her art now, almost like a protest of the modern music industry. It’s almost like her trajectory has been a circle to get back to that spontaneity she felt with AKA.

I really appreciate that art and feel it is true to her acoustic, songwriting soul, but at the same time I see how far that is from the BTD—and even Honeymoon—sound, for example. I definitely feel empathy for the people who don’t love it as much and just wanted to type out my thoughts in case it resonated with anyone. Artists’ journeys have always been so interesting to me, and Lana’s is certainly one of the most uniquely interesting ones we’ve had to witness, as one of the first true viral stars to reigning indie/alt queen of the music counterculture.

Regarding 'errors,' I feel those have been there from the start of the LDR persona. I hear them on BTD/P and on all subsequent albums. There's a fair amount of vocal staining, and, for example, on 'BPBP,' her voice and Stevie Nicks' are supposed to be harmonizing at one point, and yet Stevie holds the note longer than Lana, which is technically 'incorrect' and seems sloppy and unprofessional that this wasn't corrected in the studio. Also, there's a lot of odd phrasing, as on 'Coachella' where she stresses the word 'parents' in an inexplicable manner, and on 'Change,' says 'human beins' instead of 'human beings.' These may be examples of what you call her 'organic' and/or 'one take' approach, and that's her right if she wants to make those choices. And perhaps some of it is the producer's fault, though we keep hearing that Lana makes all final decisions. 

20 minutes ago, alexandro said:

I’m considering getting it. Are you able to modify the scrobbles on mobile as well? 

Yes the Last.fm site is mobile friendly :)

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥