venicebitx

Lana records to be featured in ‘Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined’ exhibition at the LACMA

3 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

People aren’t gonna buy this to resell it tho I don’t think

Say that the cover art is the ORIGINAL painting by the artist. That’s not something to be resold or even played for that matter, this is like elite art collectors. I’m no art connoisseur but :toofunny: Lana stans aren’t gonna be the ones buying these three records (if what i think is true)

Yeah very true. I just wish they were more transparent on the app

About the artworks, must say I love the three of them. Paradise seems so saturated and intrincate aesthetically, so is the album itself. NFR seems quite contemplative. Looks like crashing waves at first hour in the morning for me, just after dawn. A sense of desolation that I associate the most with Hope, which I found to be one of the absolute highlights of the record. About the Born to Die one, I truly like it as well. I take it as someone consuming early Lana's visuals as a way of finding refuge in a notion of dark, disturbing beauty. Almost as if Lana had been some kind of enfant terrible which actually died after releasing her debut major label album and became an almost mystic legend, an undoubted cultural icon in a way similar to her beloved Kurt Cobain, p.e.

Couldnt care less about the price as the idea of getting them just doesnt dare to come through my mind but, ye, wish that those of you who'll buy them will enjoy them deeply <3

45 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

anyone have a referral code and i'll put it in so we can both get $10? :thumb3:

yas here’s mine Chante11BJ

if you guys want to use my referral code we can all get $10 plus if it ends up being more than one i can upload scans :-/)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

anyone have a referral code and i'll put it in so we can both get $10? :thumb3:

Use UltravON9V for a whopping $10 off :sass: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

the BTD one is def best (i think it's really cool, esp re an image of a woman watching LDR on a screen– speaks in such interesting ways to the themes of the record). the others are such missed opportunities, ESP the NFR one which could've been so cool!

aOaIzH2.gif

5 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

BTD cover fits NFR more tbh “color me in blue” and it kinda resembles that painting of Norman painting himself 

This really is a great cover because it fits so well with multiple albums lmao. I hope I get to own it 😭

i actually love the Norman one. It fits so well when thinking of the title track, MAC, VB, FIILY, HTD, California. Paradise I hope seeing it in person, if I get to own it, hits more. For now I can see the vision of ‘Paradise’ but it’s not fully clicking yet and I think it’s possibly cause of not seeing it in proper view yet 

NFR being crashing waves/beachy fits the soundscape to the tea. I know that man actually listens to the album.

BTD is also really good but it feels more like a commentary on critics that was criticizing her image during that era rather than what that album represents.

Paradise one is a bit abstract but still interesting. I can see the “paradise” vagina (beach, ocean, and sunset). Although, it’s a bit male gazy. Vagina being gates to paradise and all that. But then again, Lana said her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola :oprah3: 

In conclusion, NFR is the best “album cover”. It could’ve actually been the cover. BTD one is more of an art piece than an alternate cover.

BTD is superb.

NFR fits thematically, but seems a bit too much « winter beach » to my taste (it’s bitch-ass cold out here these days here, in Canada, and a winter beach is not what I love the most at the moment lol)

Paradise is abstract, but matches the

colour palette of the OG cover?!? It’s the one I like the least. 

I haven’t heard about this at all, the covers are pretty cool! :flutter: But I’m I’m no hurry to own one (and I definitely can’t afford one either). Would be fun to have a poster of the paintings though.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The covers are nice. They don't really give me the vibes of the albums tho. BTD honestly looks like NFR, Paradise is the best one nice but it still isn't the right tone in my opinion. And then the white NFR one just looks like a snowy picture, which is nice but I can't place it to any of her music!

Still miles better than the other covers I've seen. I guess we won? :oic2:

I'd be pretty proud to own the Paradise one I must admit. I still would die to see an Ultraviolence reimagined.