venicebitx

Lana records to be featured in ‘Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined’ exhibition at the LACMA

20 hours ago, Awsten Knight said:

5j7oeOy.jpgnj8MGiI.jpgHuyfCsp.jpg

No offense to the artists (not that they're here :thumb3:) but WTF is Paradise cover supposed to be? I've been looking at it for like 5 minutes and can only see some houseplants and blue mattress next to the orange wall. How much are they asking for it again? I could do better work using Wombo app

D.png

Just now, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

No offense to the artists (not that they're here :thumb3:) but WTF is Paradise cover supposed to be? I've been looking at it for like 5 minutes and can only see some houseplants and blue mattress next to the orange wall. How much are they asking for it again? I could do better work using Wombo app

pXknMpL.gif

sigh

20 hours ago, the ocean said:

AmFz3an.png

it's the silhouette of a person i'm betting money on it

also excuse my 2 second terrible drawing to represent what i'm seeing

7 hours ago, pin up galore said:

no ur totally right plus with the two trees matching the palms in the OG and the blue blob matching the pool it’s def some drug ridden take on the paradise cover :true: kinda a serve now that i think about it 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Also, not to critique art, but I feel Raymond Pettibon could’ve done a little bit better just by adding a bit of color.

(He has a few surf paintings, coincidentally.)

2011_NYR_02631_0014_000(raymond_pettibon

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

3 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Kinda dig the NFR and BTD one. I hate the Paradise one no offense 😭 Also, why didn’t they do Honeymoon instead of Paradise? It would’ve made more sense imo

I agree I would’ve preferred HM or for me even better UV. But they did it based on influential and more “historical” albums so I get it and am pleased that she got 3 albums when other artists involved only got 1 or 2. But I think instead of Paradise UV could’ve worked, but I’m happy with the results regardless. Not the price though 😡 

What are the prices of these going to be? Kind of disgusted by these being Rereleased... ESP because I have EVERY Vinyl that Lana's ever Released ATM... & I can't believe they'll do these gross rereleases... Lol & I'm hearing rumors about $2,500 price tag? That can't be real LOL is it? 

These are going to sell so fast it won't be funny. Even at the price. I would love to own one of them (any). And I have space on an empty credit card! But I have a feeling it won't matter. The flippers will get them all... 

Jenna Gribbon shared a scan of her painting of her Born to Die cover, which also features music artist TORRES as the woman looking at Lana -

5-C279227-4447-4-FB6-9-A6-A-1897-DA859-E51

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I love the art, but without hate the covers are awful. Apart from Born to die (and again), it's clearly taking people for suckers. $2500 for that? Even if it means making a collector's album, memorable and rare, you might as well put unpublished photos. And Lana obviously validated that shit.

28 minutes ago, Elle said:

Jenna Gribbon shared a scan of her painting of her Born to Die cover, which also features music artist TORRES as the woman looking at Lana -

5-C279227-4447-4-FB6-9-A6-A-1897-DA859-E51

we love miss jenna gribbon everyone

everybody say thank you to miss gribbon for her charity work to the poor

I didn't like the paradise one at first but now it's my favourite because of the level of detail. When you flip it and overlay it over the original it matches up quite well.

Adobe-20220122-180039.jpg
Adobe-20220122-180145.jpg

Lana fits perfectly inside the beach and the sun's reflection on the water becomes the hair covering the right of her neck. There's the water and the trees referencing the original ofc and the shape of the forest at the bottom becomes the neckline of her swimsuit.

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

I didn't like the paradise one at first but now it's my favourite because of the level of detail. When you flip it and overlay it over the original it matches up quite well.

Adobe-20220122-180039.jpg
Adobe-20220122-180145.jpg

Lana fits perfectly inside the beach and the sun's reflection on the water becomes the hair covering the right of her neck. There's the water and the trees referencing the original ofc and the shape of the forest at the bottom becomes the neckline of her swimsuit.

this is what i was SAYING PEOPLE

U5jkv5V.jpg

finally figured out why that expression looked so familiar 

edit: it’s probably just the blue tone that I’m seeing but lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

They’re all ugly af even the BTD one is so fake deep and misunderstanding the record lol if anything that artwork could’ve gone to norman for the themes anyways the joke is definitely on whoever buys these for $2500 EACH :eartha:

UbsOye5.png

$2,500 is just too much. I understand that they’re signed by the artists and they’re very limited. But each cover it’s still a printed artwork. You’re buying a signed print on a vinyl cover, not a real painting. $2,500 for what? :usrsney:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy