venicebitx

Lana records to be featured in ‘Artist Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined’ exhibition at the LACMA

On 1/22/2022 at 3:11 AM, bloodydriver said:

Also, not to critique art, but I feel Raymond Pettibon could’ve done a little bit better just by adding a bit of color.

(He has a few surf paintings, coincidentally.)

Completely agree. The artist himself looks like the perfect choice for NFR!, but he has so many other good artworks that could work better

asd.jpg

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

So she was actually upset about this one :hide:

i mean she has the right to be - it's an artistic interpretation of her art

but also just because she's upset about it doesn't necessarily mean the artwork is invalid

art is literally meant to be open to interpretation

Spoiler

On 1/27/2022 at 5:04 AM, venicebitch said:

lana-del-rey-and-fergie-attend-the-artis

yeah yeah hit it fergie :nails:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Here’s more of what she said to Vanity Fair about the Born to Die painting -

Later on in the night, I again found Del Rey and asked what it had been like to see Gribbon’s interpretation of Born to Die, which Gribbon called in an Instagram caption, “one of my favorite records of all time.” Del Rey took a breath and said that her music has often been misinterpreted by writers and critics.

“My dad always says, ‘Dumb it down,’ but if you listen to the lyrics it’s actually pretty simple,” she said. But a painting in response to an album is not a written review. Del Rey said that she came to terms with the Gribbon work.

“It’s hard for me to look at their perspective, and at first I thought it was too sexualized, and too voyeuristic,” said Del Rey. “And then I talked to Jenna, and they said, ‘That’s the way we see it.’”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/01/jimmy-iovine-and-pseudo-controversial-interscope-show-at-lacma/amp

On 1/23/2022 at 1:00 PM, the ocean said:

am i the only one that loves all three of them :bebe:

although 2500 is just fucking ridiculous regardless and it’s interscope mugging people of their money :oprah3:

no I love them too and it seems like we're the only people in the world who does :bebe:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I mean she is right to be upset, tbh i don’t think she never wanted to be part of it (because im sure she would have picked up honeymoon instead of paradise), but its just so FUNNY to me like :agree2: they are making profit of her work and her face in this one, and i dont think it represents born to die in any way, like theres so much to the album and this painting isnt giving what it should give, i admit lana’s portrait its beautiful (but its from ride not btd lol)

original.gif